• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wurst Developer for new TreeTag (24 players)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey there! I need an extra pair(s) of hands for developing a new TreeTag map with 24 players. Specifically, I'm looking for a Wurst Developer or just a coder who's willing to try this language. I've just started the project and almost nothing is done yet, except for terrain and some basic scripts.

The map will be developed in pure Wurst (definition of units, heroes, buildings will be in Wurst too). So the work will include:
  • Defining units, items
  • Defining abilities (some extra code for their logic may be needed as well)
  • Developing income, respawn and resurrection systems
The map will be open-source and development will be done using github (via forks and pull requests).

So there're some requirements for a candidate:
  • Knowledge of git
  • Skills in OOP and functional programming (not mandatory but desirable)
Sorry for the imperfect project description. I'm ready to answer any questions in this thread and if you're interested, please contact me via discord: mvlabat#4639

Have a good day everyone!

Level 13
Not that there's anything wrong with more tree tags, but as far as i am aware the current developer for Tree Tag 2017/2018 is active and has been working to convert his map to 24 players already (so far as to play it on the PTR).

It's a very solid mod which means your version needs to be innovative/bring something new otherwise i doubt you'll get interest.

Level 2
Oh! That's cool. If that's possible, I would like to cooperate then. Do you know, how can I reach out to him? I haven't found his topic on HIVE :(

Level 2
Yep, the same thing. Searched and googled everything around - I can't even find where to download his maps.
I only saw his 24 player version on epicwar - that's all.
Well, anyway, I won't halt developing of this map. There's some progress and I would like to outline one special feature (that is already done) I haven't found in any TreeTag map yet: adaptive map size (depending on players count) up to 192x192.
Of course, speaking of gameplay features my first version of map won't be so rich, but that's just a matter of time )

Status
Not open for further replies.