• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

.wtg Editor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think there is an editor for it. Try checking your "Test" folder in your Warcraft III maps directory. It sometimes will have your last test map and that is usually a working version.

As far as I know, there isn't any editor to decrypt .wtg into some readable form, so you may just want to export whatever files you can (war3map.j and object editor/terrain data) and then start again.

However, what is the exact error it gives? (attach a screenshot if possible) Make sure that you weren't using a 3rd party editor that has extended GUI functions such as WEU or EGUI.

Level 13
Unfortunately most all the work I've done has been purely JASS and programming edits, so starting over means starting from almost nothing.

The test map function isn't anything I use so it's not an updated version of anything. I'm using JNGP.

I know there's programs that can remove corruption from WC3 maps, but I don't know how to use them. Maybe someone on the forums can give it a shot?

Also, unfortunately the screenshot isn't uploading. I seem to be having troubles uploading anything atm.
The error is:

"Unable to load file C:\etc.w3x

- Trigger data missing or invalid."

Unfortunately most all the work I've done has been purely JASS and programming edits, so starting over means starting from almost nothing.

The test map function isn't anything I use so it's not an updated version of anything. I'm using JNGP.

I know there's programs that can remove corruption from WC3 maps, but I don't know how to use them. Maybe someone on the forums can give it a shot?

Also, unfortunately the screenshot isn't uploading. I seem to be having troubles uploading anything atm.
The error is:

"Unable to load file C:\etc.w3x

- Trigger data missing or invalid."

The scripts for a map is in the war3map.j file, not the .wtg file. .wtg is just the GUI trigger stuff.

The only problem is that if you used vjass some of it might look like gibberish. However, it will still work and that's the important thing.

Level 17
The .wct file contains your triggers in their vJass form.

Maybe your problem comes from the "(attributes)" file? If there is one in your map archive, remove it (you don't need it and the JNGP shouldn't create it).

Last time i checked, the JNGP (but probably jasshelper instead in fact) deletes this file when you save a map.
But yeah it's worth a check.

Status
Not open for further replies.