• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Wrong Damage taken on trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Trigger
  • Condition
  • Action
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in ug2 and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Unit - Cause PlayerDummy[A] to damage (Picked unit), dealing (150.00 + (25.00 x (Real(Integer)))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
        • Unit - Cause PlayerDummy[A] to damage (Picked unit), dealing (150.00 + (25.00 x (Real(Integer)))) damage of attack type Hero and damage type Normal
That damage go wrong like this
This skill meant to make partieal damage - half ressistable with spell reducers and half by armor:
level 1 = 350
level 2 = 400
level 3 = 450
level 4 = 500

However, whenever cast on units with 1 armor (6% reducion) and no spell ressistance, they recive much less damage than they should (total 350 damage taken on level 4 which should have been 250 + 250 *0.94 = 485)
any idea what went wrong?:goblin_wtf:

EDIT: Solved, But the attack type must be "Force" or otherwize the armor will ressist some of the damage, dunno about spell damage ressitance in this mode, but its obviously a must-have in order to nullify the armor in the colculation.

Last edited:
I used a footman as a test subject, and it worked fine. What's your integer? The ability level?

Yes.
Ok after massive checks, it seems spell damage normal type does not get damaged via spell damage resistance, but it get blocked by the unit armor (!!!) Who knows what need to be the attack type so it won't be blocked by armor?
MajorKaza, read this post.

+rep: I acpreciate that you tested it since it only means I got a leak in the unit group, Thanks for taking me seryesly and bringing me a step closer to solution.:ogre_haosis:

Last edited:
Level 9
  • Trigger
  • Condition
  • Action
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in ug2 and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Unit - Cause PlayerDummy[A] to damage (Picked unit), dealing (150.00 + (25.00 x (Real(Integer)))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
        • Unit - Cause PlayerDummy[A] to damage (Picked unit), dealing (150.00 + (25.00 x (Real(Integer)))) damage of attack type Hero and damage type Normal
That damage go wrong like this
This skill meant to make partieal damage - half ressistable with spell reducers and half by armor:
level 1 = 350
level 2 = 400
level 3 = 450
level 4 = 500

However, whenever cast on units with 1 armor (6% reducion) and no spell ressistance, they recive much less damage than they should (total 350 damage taken on level 4 which should have been 250 + 250 *0.94 = 485)
any idea what went wrong?:goblin_wtf:

I see only 150 + 25 x (some int) spell damage and sama as hero damage. If those int is spell level that at level 4 it should be:

150 + 100 = 250 spell
150 + 100 = 250 hero
---------------------
300 + 200 = 500 stacked

Check armor types. Hero damage deals 95% to hero (if I remember well) and only 75% from spells.

75% of 250 is 187,5
95% of 250 is 237,5 (if armor reduction is 6% then it's total of 223,25)
--------------------
425,0 (410,75) dmg

Check chaos or divine magic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.