• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

wrong animations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
For some reason, when I export a model to Mdx, the animation goes all wrong, his walk makes his legs buckle and stays out of the model, why is this happening? Does anyone know why?

1637260476802.png

Level 23
That's for attachment points of things like aura effects. They are made in Magos but have nothing to do with the animations.

Looks like there aren't any serious key frame problems. Maybe it's an issue with the way the skeleton is wired to the mesh, or the skeleton's hierarchy.

It would be easier to resolve if you posted the model.

Last edited:
Level 4
Here it is, one is the Model and one is the animation, you add animation in 3d max.

You probably won't get a lot of help without sharing the model.
That's for attachment points of things like aura effects. They are made in Magos but have nothing to do with the animations.

Looks like there aren't any serious key frame problems. Maybe it's an issue with the way the skeleton is wired to the mesh, or the skeleton's hierarchy.

It would be easier to resolve if you posted the model.

Attachments

• Ref.max
    652 KB · Views: 19
  • move_run_1.max
    712 KB · Views: 13
Can you tell me what exactly is wrong? is it the bones that are unreferenced or is it mesh that is not connected right?
It's both. The ankle bones had lost their parent bones, and the calf mesh had lost their hip bone references. When I re-assigned the matrix of the calves to the hip bones, and set the ankle bones to be child-bones of the calf bones things worked as normal.

Why? I already fixed this in the version I sent you, so it shouldn't be a problem anymore.

Level 4
It's both. The ankle bones had lost their parent bones, and the calf mesh had lost their hip bone references. When I re-assigned the matrix of the calves to the hip bones, and set the ankle bones to be child-bones of the calf bones things worked as normal.

Why? I already fixed this in the version I sent you, so it shouldn't be a problem anymore.
it's because there are several other models that will probably have this problem, then I want to fix them now, so the animations work perfectly.

Level 23
You can use Matrix Eater to check which bones are attached to what. And Magos model editor for correcting the hierarchy of bones and their parents.
Another issue with the sentinel model is that the controllers of all the bones are set to none. Because of this, the bones will turn instantly instead of gradually. You can use Magos to correct controller type to Linear.

Last edited:
Level 4
You can use Matrix Eater to check which bones are attached to what. And Magos model editor for correcting the hierarchy of bones and their parents.
Another issue with the sentinel model is that the controllers of all the bones are set to none. Because of this, the bones will turn instantly instead of gradually. You can use Magos to correct controller type to Linear.
unfortunately, when I import to Mdx the bones disappear and I have to fix it in 3d max or blender, I'll research more about the subject here.

Level 23
unfortunately, when I import to Mdx the bones disappear and I have to fix it in 3d max or blender, I'll research more about the subject here.
You should get the programs I mentioned (Magos and Matrix Eater), they are used to work with mdx models and are completely free.

There you can do anything you want with bones after converting the models.

Level 4
You should get the programs I mentioned (Magos and Matrix Eater), they are used to work with mdx models and are completely free.

There you can do anything you want with bones after converting the models.
When I re-import to 3d max to put the animations in, it erases the bones so I need to straighten up before importing to mdx.

Status
Not open for further replies.