• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wretched Lost One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I am creating a multiracial map and I need models for some of my Draenian units, I would like to know if someone could make me this Draenian which is called Wretched Lost One, I am attaching a picture of its shape ...
On the other hand, I would also like you to give me suggestions on what units I could use as aereas, or else this race might lack these types of units.

Attachments

• 152.gif
    152.gif
    2.7 MB · Views: 35
Can you be more specific? This model you have uploaded a picture of is a model that originated from Warcraft III. In this case, World of Warcraft (a 2005 game) basically used the same asset from Warcraft III (a 2003 game) for the character -- but with a few slight minor modifications.

So, it is very unclear if you are a Reforged/WoW player who does not know that you are uploading a picture of the Warcraft III unit models that existed for the last 20 years, or if maybe you are a player who knows everything I just said and wants a very specific skin-color on the existing Warcraft III models for what Warcraft III refers to as the "Draenei" (use of this name in Warcraft III predates the World of Warcraft race by the same name, which was a retcon circa 2007 included with the Burning Crusade. Until the Burning Crusade released with the storyline retcon to add blue goats to the alliance, the word "Draenei" in the Warcraft III universe referred to the creature you have uploaded a picture of).

Here is a picture of the models already included in my Reforged installation. As you can see, the models for the "Reforged" version of these guys are heavily modified from the original lower resolution versions from the 2003 game (shown in the back row). Reforged changes how these characters look to be more in line with the WoW storyline changes.

None of these models are imported. To create this picture, I opened the World Editor and placed the built-in units on the ground using the built-in models:

1640064774837.png

So, are you asking for someone to modify the Reforged themed assets (bottom row) to stylistically match the original Warcraft III Draenei assets (top row) ?

Or are you a non-Reforged player who wants a modified form of the original Warcraft III Frozen Throne 2003 game assets that would have the same armor as the WoW model?
Because WoW and Warcraft 3 were developing in parallel, the portrait file for the Warcraft III draenei from 2003 matches the WoW 2005 model and has the necklace in your picture, so adding it to the ingame non-portrait model on Warcraft III would be super easy to do without even requiring a custom texture.

1640065053875.png

Above: The "Draenei" model's portrait file from Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne (2003 game).

Level 8
Can you be more specific? This model you have uploaded a picture of is a model that originated from Warcraft III. In this case, World of Warcraft (a 2005 game) basically used the same asset from Warcraft III (a 2003 game) for the character -- but with a few slight minor modifications.

So, it is very unclear if you are a Reforged/WoW player who does not know that you are uploading a picture of the Warcraft III unit models that existed for the last 20 years, or if maybe you are a player who knows everything I just said and wants a very specific skin-color on the existing Warcraft III models for what Warcraft III refers to as the "Draenei" (use of this name in Warcraft III predates the World of Warcraft race by the same name, which was a retcon circa 2007 included with the Burning Crusade. Until the Burning Crusade released with the storyline retcon to add blue goats to the alliance, the word "Draenei" in the Warcraft III universe referred to the creature you have uploaded a picture of).

Here is a picture of the models already included in my Reforged installation. As you can see, the models for the "Reforged" version of these guys are heavily modified from the original lower resolution versions from the 2003 game (shown in the back row). Reforged changes how these characters look to be more in line with the WoW storyline changes.

None of these models are imported. To create this picture, I opened the World Editor and placed the built-in units on the ground using the built-in models:

View attachment 392031

So, are you asking for someone to modify the Reforged themed assets (bottom row) to stylistically match the original Warcraft III Draenei assets (top row) ?

Or are you a non-Reforged player who wants a modified form of the original Warcraft III Frozen Throne 2003 game assets that would have the same armor as the WoW model?
Because WoW and Warcraft 3 were developing in parallel, the portrait file for the Warcraft III draenei from 2003 matches the WoW 2005 model and has the necklace in your picture, so adding it to the ingame non-portrait model on Warcraft III would be super easy to do without even requiring a custom texture.

View attachment 392033
Above: The "Draenei" model's portrait file from Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne (2003 game).
I am sorry I was not so specific as to what I was referring to, what I was requesting was a lost one model as in the image for the original wacraft 3 from the year 2003, the colors and textures of that really caught my attention. is why i am requesting it for my own map.
Sorry if my English is not very good, my original language is Spanish.

1640100752011.png

So, I played around with this a little bit. I have a very old World of Warcraft installation on my computer from a long time ago in a backup directory. This installation is from 2008 as far as I can tell. So, I went to my 2008 World of Warcraft installation and I got the model that you are asking for, then I used the old converter for old WoW models included with the Mdlvis software to port the model to the Warcraft III game as shown above.

But as you can see the WoW model and texture (highlighted above) fit to the Warcraft III almost exactly. So for example, we can load this same World of Warcraft texture asset onto the Warcraft III character model, and then it might look better on Warcraft III. For example, the WoW model that I ported did not have the Warcraft III decay animation after he dies.

But, only the WoW model has the skull backpack. Apparently that was not in the 2003 Warcraft III game:
1640100927277.png

So, maybe you will want to mix and match the textures like this. There are other similar WoW skins for this same 3d model, and those skins can be applied to the Warcraft III characters to inherit the Warcraft III character weapons but with the skin of the WoW model similar to like the file included in my zip called "War3Draenei" that is the Warcraft III 2003 model using the WoW 2005ish skin file.

Attachments

• LostOne.zip
    912.2 KB · Views: 33
Level 8
I am very grateful to you, in fact the model fits perfectly with what I am looking for, the only thing I would need to add would be the team color to the wristbands after everything is perfect. I will use this model for my map without hesitation.
POSTDATA: You should consider uploading the model to the hive :).

Level 8
One more thing that goes a bit on the other hand, you know if the lost ones have air units, I have no idea which air unit to put, I have seen that many include the group of harpies for their airs, but I think this is one wrong idea since harpies belong to another racial group. : /

Back before Reforged when I was able to believe in myself as making mods and not maps more I was making a mod game client. I just fired it up and cheated and built the air units in my mod in case that helps with any inspiration:

The models for these air units are models i made. I think I forgot to ever upload them to Hive because they're really simple. One is a retexture of the Nether Dragon and the other is a glowing version of the spirit hawk.

The loading screen artwork I am using is from somewhere online, looks like in my notes I cite that artwork as coming from here:
Lost One

Other than the loading screen and the UI theme created by Spellbound here on the hive, basically all of the actual 3d models that I was using are stuff that I created rather than stuff I downloaded from Hive. Mostly they are old from a long time ago, but in the last few years recently I uploaded some of them to Hive (I can see you are using some of them :D )

So anyway, these are from the part of my life when I was just making these kinds of things all the time and having fun, but I think nobody is "right" so it's not a matter of whether the Draenei Lost have air units, but rather a question of what air units you would like to give to them.

Edit 2:

Another brainstorm, in this screenshot I opened up the Wa666r version of the draenei lost ones and looked at what flying units he has:
1640106128579.png

Basically I just downloaded his map from here:
The Lost Ones V.2

So, he is clearly going for a Burning Crusade theme and included a Kaliri owl, a Raven, and a custom flying Arakkoa model made from a harpy.

It's not literally a harpy, but maybe that is the kind of theme you decided you did not want? Anyway, I think Wa666r is a skilled guy though, so looking at his stuff might be a fun brainstorm as well.

Last edited:
Level 8
Hello, I'm sorry I am absent for family reasons but I am back, regarding the units that I use in my map, many of them are of your creation and some of the authors here from the hive (for that reason I give their respective credits). Regarding your mods or maps, what are they, they are great, I would have liked to create a mod like yours that allows you to use many races in more than one warcraft 3 map, but I don't think I will be able to finish it due to the lack of weather.
The models of the falcons that are used for airships is a great idea that I will use for my map without a doubt, but on the other hand I will not use the harpies but I am not saying that the idea is wrong, it is only my personal point of view :) .

Status
Not open for further replies.