• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map lag and Mod Craft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
hello, I have been working on a project for some time, it is a melee map which incorporates additional races to the 4 known ones, the new races to briefly mention them are: the nagas, draenians, blood elves and vile orcs, of course each one with its own and new features, but the problem here is that I have a lot of lag on my map, mostly when I use it in multiplayer, because when I use it against more machines the lag is very minimal, I don't deny its existence but it is playable with that little lag in single player mode. I'm not sure if that lag is due to all the triggers it has for each of the more abilities or maybe because its weight is about 8 mb. So I was thinking that if it wasn't possible to fix the lag for the map itself, the best solution would be to create a mod that contains all the new units and all the triggers for the abilities. If someone could give me a solution to fix the map lag or a tutorial on how to create a mod for W3 I would be very grateful
something that I forgot to mention is that all the skills are MUI, or GUI, the truth is I don't know their difference but I do know that the detonators in Jass are better to avoid lag, so I don't know if someone knowing all this could help me

Level 21
this seems like a rather wide and general task to ask other people to do for you (review and improve your entire map). If you can break this down into more specific questions it would be easier to help you. otherwise I suggest learning how to do this yourself, which I would go about like this:

I think you should start from learning what memory leaks are and how to avoid them with your triggers. once you more or less figure that out you can start reviewing the different triggers in your map to try to figure out what could be causing the problems and making sure you aren't leaking. AFAIK that should greatly improve the performance.

you can start here:

Status
Not open for further replies.