• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wrath of the Lich King - Warcraft 3 Bets v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
1022285805_ba4c790444.jpg

Terrain |||||||||| 100%
Lich King |||||||||| 60%
RPG System |||||||||| 40%
Doodads |||||||||| 100%
COMING SOON Release is dated on 24.12.2008. :spell_breaker:

So I'm working on a map based on the release WoW - WotLK, where you simply farm for XP and Gold, battle the opposite ally (Horde vs. Alliance) but also them both must kill Lich King for the special treasure.
I will release a beta map, but i still need to work at it because, the map is too small, The Horde and The Alliance are in the same Village and if you choose a hero they will start battleing before makeing some XP or Gold, the next problem is with the MarketPlace, I'll need 2 or 3 tiers of armors and weapons that i only have tier 1, third one is because the Lich King Raid is MUCH TOO EASY (if u make level 80 you can beat alone the Legendary Lich King so that won't be a great Raid, because in a Raid you need like 6-10 players not only one, imagine what raid you will do if all of the players will be lvl 80, so that's a big problem).

Next Updates will be:
-XP rate will be lower
-Hot Keys will be fixed for a fast game
-There will be 3 armor/weapon tiers
-The Lich King's stats will be a little bit higher
-The Map Will Be Higher
-The Lich King Raid will be much harder (MUCH, something like needed 5-6 players ((minimum)) for finishing the Raid)
-I'll search to see what treasure does drops Lich King and use it in the game
-Icons will be fixed

Still, the launch date is on 24.12.2008

Announce 3 Beta testers NEEDED
If Someone wants to test my map simply add me on Yahoo! Messenger
[email protected]

Thanks,
RiskDude

Attachments

• World Of Warcraft - Wrath Of The Lich King wc3.w3x
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,379
Last edited:
Level 3
here are some screens as you requested :)

Attachments

• Alliance (1).jpg
    Alliance (1).jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 15,014
  • Horde (1).jpg
    Horde (1).jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 2,371
  • Frostmourne (1).jpg
    Frostmourne (1).jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 10,364
  • Stat Trainer (1).jpg
    Stat Trainer (1).jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 6,696
  • Totems From WoW (1).jpg
    Totems From WoW (1).jpg
    104 KB · Views: 16,947
Level 2
looks nice, thanks...but why have all players start at a same village ? isn't it a better idea that the Horde and Alliance have their own base ?

Level 3
looks nice, thanks...but why have all players start at a same village ? isn't it a better idea that the Horde and Alliance have their own base ?
I'm working on it right now, there will be 2 villages (Horde and Alliance) each with 3 tiers of armors/weapons, stat trainers and a PvP Arena where you battle with the opposide ally, the map is now bigger, The Lich King has more HP that you can kill him verry hard, xp rate is lower. All i need to do is the terain, hotkeys will be fixed, the icons of the skills will be placed and to place some hp/mana regeneration fountains on each village.
Tested... Sucked.
Super-Sheep i didin't ask you for your opinion, if u wanted to tell me you should ask me first if you want to be a beta tester. And remember this is just a BETA version of the map, ok? Thanks!

Level 3
i know... but chill out cuz in the last update it wont be xp rate that high and ill change some spells and put the wow icons

Level 3
there are a lot of spells, the terain exists, units (your hero isn't a unit? or the tavern?) mobs there are a lot of mobs and there is lich king too and he is a monster whatever to kill, i really dont need triggers (triggers for what?), systems? i dont understand what are you want to mean with systems but whatever, and if you are here just to say that my map sux... you should shut up cuz if you dont like it dont talk about it ok? ;)

Level 11
uhm, yea, there are several LARGE changes that need to be made. i will make it a list.

1. units need to be able to spawn
2. food needs to be less (i was able to get all heroes like 10 times each)
3a. take away stat upgrade, it puts less emphasis on items and MUCH more emphasis on stats
3b. change the gold coins that drop off of creatures, because each one gives +250g, which is WAAAY too much
3c. however, if you want, just raise the tomes cost WAAAY up, and lower the gold coin value, which will just make the stat changer a little helper, not a hero changer
4. make lich king WAAAAAAY stronger (maybe give him chaos dmg), and the units that lead up to him. i was able to kill him by myself(then again, i had like 200 of each stat because of the stat changer and high gold coin value)
5. more units to fight (more and/or closer)
6. less exp gained from fighting
7. i dont like the looks of the heroes, because no armor was implemented, which means they look gay that like the whole game
8. make it so you can choose whether you wanna be holy, ret or protection pally. when people see WRATH OF THE LICH KING, they are going to expect something similar to WoW, and the wide-variety of choices is a main feature of WoW, which should be implemented into your game
9. Add more bosses, which will make the content of the game better
10. better terrain, more doodads, etc
11. wtf are faceless ones doing with the lich king...they are with the old gods (presumabley), they are no way EVER going to guard the lich king
12. make your own hostile units, it makes the game more enjoyable, rather than seeing the same old polar bear and dire wolf
13. customize the spells. you dont HAVE to use trigger spells. you can do many things with the object editor where you don't need to make trigger spells, just customize your own

That is all i can think of, if i come up with any other critisism, i will let you know

Have fun making maps!!

Level 18
okay sinice no one here has the intelligence to HELP someone, then ill give you a nice critique about your map.

things to improve on ~

1) terrain should be your first priority. perhaps add a bit of landscape to your terrain. I suggest getting a terrainer to terrain this for you, because itz not easy to learn how to terrain overnight. In other words, the terrain is bland ( 1 tileset ), there are only trees as doodads. You should try to add multiple types of tilesets, and put in shrubs, cliffs perhaps ( using raise tool ) and some rocks.

2) gameplay isn't the best. i see where yu are going with the abilities, but as some have said before me, it needs to be better. You should try and make custom abilities.

3) try and fix the RPG aspect of this game. So far, it takes a level 2 creep to raise the level of all heros by 4. as a rule of thumb, you may want to increase the number of mops, and decrease the expierence they give. Not only that, but you should add quests.

4) the creeps are regular creeps fromWC3 . It would give a WOW feeling if you had mobs from the actual WOW game, and not "Mindless Ones" or " Polar Bears"

5) lastly, the Lich king battle is subpar, and way to easy to defeat. I suggest increaseing his Hit points, and then increaseing his base attack damage, using the object editor.

----

There wern'et many good elements to the map. The only good parts were the models, and the attachments. Those interested me alot.

Try and find a terrainer to help out with that terrain (or look at the terrain forum )

Level 3
1. units need to be able to spawn
dont understand...
2. food needs to be less (i was able to get all heroes like 10 times each)
that was just for testing all chars i forgot to delete it :p
3c. however, if you want, just raise the tomes cost WAAAY up, and lower the gold coin value, which will just make the stat changer a little helper, not a hero changer
made
4. make lich king WAAAAAAY stronger (maybe give him chaos dmg), and the units that lead up to him. i was able to kill him by myself(then again, i had like 200 of each stat because of the stat changer and high gold coin value)
made
5. more units to fight (more and/or closer)
made
6. less exp gained from fighting
made
7. i dont like the looks of the heroes, because no armor was implemented, which means they look gay that like the whole game
here its a big problem :|, the helmet is above heros head and armor too what should i do?
8. make it so you can choose whether you wanna be holy, ret or protection pally. when people see WRATH OF THE LICH KING, they are going to expect something similar to WoW, and the wide-variety of choices is a main feature of WoW, which should be implemented into your game
okay ill make it
9. Add more bosses, which will make the content of the game better
here im sry but there will be only on legendary boss.
10. better terrain, more doodads, etc
made
11. wtf are faceless ones doing with the lich king...they are with the old gods (presumabley), they are no way EVER going to guard the lich king
SO WHERE THE F**K SHOULD I GET THE OLD GODS, CUZ IN WC3 DOSENT EXISTS, NO MODEL ON HIVE NOTHING? I CHOOSED THEM BECAUSE THEY ARE THEY LOOK LIKE THE ,,OLD GODS,, MAYBE JUST TO CHANGE THEIR NAME :))
12. make your own hostile units, it makes the game more enjoyable, rather than seeing the same old polar bear and dire wolf
ill try that out
13. customize the spells. you dont HAVE to use trigger spells. you can do many things with the object editor where you don't need to make trigger spells, just customize your own
negative

ONE BIG PROBLEM, THE RELEASE IS TOMOROW AND I MUST DO THE UPDATES ABOVE AND SOME MORE :|

EDIT:
1) terrain should be your first priority. perhaps add a bit of landscape to your terrain. I suggest getting a terrainer to terrain this for you, because itz not easy to learn how to terrain overnight. In other words, the terrain is bland ( 1 tileset ), there are only trees as doodads. You should try to add multiple types of tilesets, and put in shrubs, cliffs perhaps ( using raise tool ) and some rocks.
dont worry about the terrain its better now, more doodads etc ;)
4) the creeps are regular creeps fromWC3 . It would give a WOW feeling if you had mobs from the actual WOW game, and not "Mindless Ones" or " Polar Bears"
so where do i can get them?

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 7
I've played your map that was on the first post, the first thing I noticed were the HUGE farms (why are they there anyway? :O) and the empty world, everything is snow and only doodads that are place are some trees and 2 gates.

Also I'm wondering why you don't make custom spells, I mean you can atleast give custom names and icons, because if there is one thing I don't like then that's the boring blizzard spells in a custom map.

Level 3

Terrain |||||||||| 100%
Lich King |||||||||| 100%
RPG System |||||||||| 100%
Doodads |||||||||| 100%
COMING SOON Release is dated on 24.12.2008. :infl_thumbs_up:

The release date is tomorow at 12:00 PM if i wake up :))

Thanks,
RiskDude

Level 18
i hope it iz better :D

btw, i didn't mean using custom models, i meant using regular WC3 units, and then renaming them and such and resizing them.

for instance, the blue dragonspawn ( found on icecrown creep section) looks awfully similiar to dragons in the blue dragon flight. This would be perfect to rename it to a boss name or something like :

" Razcor(Boss) " and then make his size 3 times larger, shade him so that he is darker, and give him super boss abilities etc..

-- basically, what supersheep said. increase there attack , armor, armor type, speed base etc...

Level 11
what i said by spawn units, i meant that you should make the creeps respawn, because i dont believe there are enough creeps to fully level every single person to 80. also, what i meant about the faceless ones is that they are minions of the old gods, not the lich king, so they shouldnt be protecting him. also, you should make your own undead guards insted of the generic zombie and orc skeleton (and i mean new names, different abilities, change atk/armor, etc)

Level 3

Terrain |||||||||| 100%
Lich King |||||||||| 100%
RPG System |||||||||| 100%
Doodads |||||||||| 100%
COMING SOON Release is dated on 24.12.2008. :infl_thumbs_up:

Wrath Of The Lich King - Warcraft 3 is now official released.

Credits:
Tenebrae
robert artua
Kitabatake
Skizzik
General Frank
Shamanyouranus
N00bystance
Horn
Jatter2
Taur
Darkwind

And the rest:
RiskDude(me :p)

I worked alone so was a little difficult, hope this map is better than Beta v1.0 if you find bugs or you want something to be changed or fixed tell me. Anyway, Happy X-mas everyone :)

Thanks,
RiskDude

Attachments

• Wrath Of The Lich King.w3x
    2.3 MB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Level 3
First of all, this map dosent needs triggers (for what?), second, the map is not full of skeletons or zombies, thats only when you enter the instance, and the terrain, it's your problem, if you make better terrains (good for you) but this is my first map fully released (maybe you tested the first one, that beta v1.0, but i released the finished map that has better terrain)

Level 18
okay.

i am a terrainer, and even though it is your first map, it isn't good terrain.

in other words, i suggest you continue to improve on this map. Please check the Terrain forums here on the Hive, and try and learn from them so thatthis terrain can become epic.

right now it is very monotone, bland, empty.

Status
Not open for further replies.