• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Icecrown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Ok, heres my map that i am developing, feel free to comment and critisise my ideas as i need your feedback, positive or not i accept it.

Story:
From his slumber on the frozen throne the Lich King Arthas wakes to the sound of a chilling wind. He has returned to decimate Azeroth, the domains of Man and Elf are not enough. However him and his armies found that their power was drained during their sleep, by an obelisk of necromatic power, power that rightfully belonged to the lich king.

However, the horde and the alliance thought arthas to be dead and blindely lead their armies to the harsh north to control it to use it to destroy each other. But when they arrived their shamans and mages talked wildly about an artifact of great power, an obelisk, which contained the power to destroy their enemies. Both armies arrived at icecrown and follishly charged towards their destruction as the power the lich king had weilded comes at a heavy price. They both seek to destroy each other and take the obelisk, but the lich king has other ideas...

Mechanics:
This is a 3 player game, which allows the players to play as either the lich king, the horde or the alliance, no computer players, only real players (apart from neutral mobs). The obelisk lays in the middle of the map, the two armies either side and teh lich king and his army to the north. The horde and alliance can capture the obelisk and in so scores points over time, however holding it has a disadvantage as the player who controls the obelisk will find his troops surrounding it having lowered movemnet and attack speed and having lowered health. Each base is protected by kill-in-one-hit towers to make it a more troop based battle.

The Lich King:
Your game will be alot more different from the others, you do not gain points over capturing the obelisk but points over time. Your troops will start off weak and at a large disadvantage, however every 10 points your troops and the lich king get perminent buffs and bonuses as you grow in power. When you reach the climactic 100points the obelisk will be destroyed and your troops will be bolstered to be very powerful and the turrets will all be destroyed. You will then have to destroy the other two players bases to win. However you will need skill for this as both armies will unite to fight agaisnt you. You will win if you reach this so it is important you slow both peoples point gaining down, but you will loose if either army reaches 100pts or the lich king is killed.

Horde and Alliance:
You will both be fighting agaisnt each other mainly as each other is the biggest threat at the beggining (the lich kings forces being too weak to make MAJOR impacts at this point). You will need to hold the obelisk so that you can reach your 100 point objectives. You will need to hold the lich king back while storming the obelisk and dealing with the disadvantages it gives. You will win instantly if you reach 100pts but if the lich king rises to power you will need to join forces to oblitorate him and take a joint victory instead of being the ultimate victor!

Extra:
-There will be extra hostile mobs that will give extra points to those who kill them. These will be hero monsters who will not be easy, but the sacrafice of troops pays off with the points, but do you have the time to waste?
-There will be a few extra objectives darted around the map which give 1/4 of the points that the obelisk does but are protected by hard to beat heroes which do not give points.
-Random earth quakes, fissures and storms will happen in random areas (set so they do not damage buildings or hot spots) so to casuse even more havoc amongst the armies, these can damage, slow or stun the troops casught up in them.

Thank you for reading and i look forward to reading your comments.

Level 1
It would be simple for triggering if for the "capture" of the objective, you make a unit which can capture it and no1 else can, that could make it a more defensive game and give even more concentration to certain groups. (they could be heroes so their hard ot shift)

Level 6
That was the kind of idea i had anyways but still thx

EDIT:
No1 else wanna comment? no? guess ill scrap the whole project, no point releasin a game for one person

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.