• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Rise of the Lich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
The Scourged King

Hello! I am Symptomnic. Being reasonably new to the Hive, I decided to create a project. This project is called "The Scourged King" and it follows the alternate story of Arthas (The Lich King) when he awakes from his frozen slumber. The development is in VERYearly stages and it will take some time.

Brief Story
As you all know at the end of The Frozen Throne, Arthas transforms into The Lich King after merging himself with Ner'Zhul. He then sits on the Frozen Throne for several years. Finally, after waking from his slumber, The Lich King sets out to murder all who had done him wrong. Of course, the journey will be tenacious and challenging for the Lich, but his power and strength is unbeaten and his will for vengeance is dire.
Gameplay
The gameplay is centered around The Lich King: a powerful, necromantic and strong death knight. This means you will be able to wield powers that are very rare and, indeed, deadly. Using this to your advantage, you can summon the dead to serve your purpose and upgrade their strengths when you gain more power and you can extract the life from your foes to heal yourself and you can also wield the powers of Death itself. Not only this, The Lich King is feared by many and can often influence the weak (such as Peasants) to do your bidding by stealing important items or clearing a path (examples).

Now, onto the constructive side of the campaign. You will often find the need to build a base to protect yourself from the oncoming attacks from humans, elves or even undead. The good part is that The Lich King's workers build very quickly and this shouldn't be a problem. Although, more advanced structures are very demanding on your resources.

The types of enemies are put into layers. Units are the most basic, being rather simple (except on occasion) to kill. Some of them, however, are quite strong and will need some thought into killing them. The most common units will either be human, elven or undead. Heroes are the next step. They are tough and strong to kill and are usually associated with being the leader of an army. Although, most enemy heroes are generally bosses. Now, bosses are the most powerful beings in the campaign. Requiring tactics and thought into beating them, they are very powerful and can deal a lot of damage. They also play a large part in the story, often relating to events that are occurring.
Landscape and Terrain
I will try and create, to the best of my ability, reasonably beautiful landscapes and terrain because I believe it is important for a campaign to look good as well as play good. There will be no Blizzard Cliffs (hooray!) and hopefully no blank terrains. Bear in mind though, I'm not the best terrainer, so it's not going to look stunning and amazing.
Test Screenshots:
SCREEEN1_zps589c6a7e.png.html
(This was done under 7 minutes)

wrath_of_the_lich_king.jpg

As a sort of taster, here is the Main Theme (created from Blizzard Soundtracks) which will be played during the Home Screen of the campaign:

Attachments

• 01_Rise_of_the_Lich_King_Main_Theme_.rar
    8.1 MB · Views: 465
Last edited:
Level 2
if u want do a development of a campaign you should tell more about it, and put some screenhots or videos, tell about the gameplay etc

and about the name u can change, already have a campaign here is nearly the same name,here the campaing: Rise of the Lich King.
and this name came in mind about the lich, not the Lich King.

Thanks for the advice :) I've added a bit more detail and I'm working on getting some test screenshots in :)

Level 2
Perhaps u can use the WOW name when the Lich King awake "Wrath Of The Lich King"
just a ideia :)

Perhaps, but I would prefer to be original to be honest. It's still in the very early stages so it could change again, I'm not sure :)

EDIT: Added a test screenshot but sky didn't show up...

What does everyone think of the theme, anyway? :)

Last edited:
Level 7
You should Perhaps start with a pre-quell about Ner-zul The Real Lich king, His soul was removed from his body and placed onto the spire, his soul is what made Arthas the lich king in the first place. If you want to make it different awakening then perhaps. Just perhaps... you should tamper with the past as well. I have plotted a Massive Alternate History Warcraft story. That ways all the way back to the first war. All the way up to Deathwing. Not going to lie.. it took me a very long time to plot and it was absolutely worth it.

Level 2
You should Perhaps start with a pre-quell about Ner-zul The Real Lich king, His soul was removed from his body and placed onto the spire, his soul is what made Arthas the lich king in the first place. If you want to make it different awakening then perhaps. Just perhaps... you should tamper with the past as well. I have plotted a Massive Alternate History Warcraft story. That ways all the way back to the first war. All the way up to Deathwing. Not going to lie.. it took me a very long time to plot and it was absolutely worth it.

Interestingly enough, I was planning on doing something similar to that. I was considering it, if I finish this project, to do it after this to give some hints on before it happened (slightly retelling it, I guess). Yeah, thanks for that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.