• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] WoWCraft Remastered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I have this crazy but awesome idea for a sort of WoW Single player Campaign featuring a complete rework of the gameplay and layout of the map with redesigns of some of the zones and dungeons and going to try to align the project more with the lore of Warcraft taking the project into a completely different direction starting after the WotLK expansion. Got great ideas that I am willing to share with developers of WoW as well. I do not plan to release this project to the general public just yet as it would probably get taken down like the world of starcraft map that someone was working on years ago. My hope is that Blizzard will take notice of this project as they did with the starcraft one and maybe i can offer a decent working idea for future wow content or a redesign (a World of Warcraft 2, if you will). I may even decide to apply for the wow counsel eventually. I enjoy a good challenge in anything i do and map making is no different to me. I am learning as we speak and generating new ideas for other projects as well... Stay tuned for potential updates... I would also like to hear anyone's thoguhts or advice on such an undertaking. Is it too grandiose? Do you think it is doable? Let me know what you think.

Level 5
Okay, so, after much consideration and input from my close friends, I have decided to put this idea on the backburner as I haven't even gotten any progress on starting this project. My problem is that I have so many awesome ideas (if only in my opinion) that I have yet to put in the works or gathered the necessary resources for and they end up being too grandiose for a novice map maker like me to really achieve at this time. Think I am gonna practice a little with the world editor and maybe try building a multiplayer map or something realistic to manage before I commit to anything on a larger scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.