1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 15th Mini-Mapping Contest came to an end. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 are soon to be revealed! Come and vote in the public poll for your favorite maps.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 12th incarnation of the Music Contest is LIVE! The theme is Synthwave. Knight Rider needs a song to listen to on his journey. You should definitely have some fun with this theme!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

WoW RISK Pandaria .3beta

Submitted by risk_fan2
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
World of Warcraft RISK is a RISK styled map based off the features of World of Warcraft. Different games offer diverse experiences, but it all comes down to working on a system not dissimilar to that of the RISK board game. The main goal is to conquer the enemies bases with units trained by your own bases. Several bases form regions, that fully conquered give money and units.

This map has undergone many changes since 2010 and is still in development. The newest Version is now WoW Risk Pandaria (download above).
New features include: Cataclysm terrain updates, Pandaria, new races, hero balancing, some minor bug fixes and more.

The map has now been taken over by Nickel510 with Priwin's permission.

The map was originally made by Meai and officially continued by Priwin and now Nickel510.
The terrain was taken with permission and edited from Azeroth Wars Legacy Reborn made by Avrion.
Special Thanks to Gex for GMSI.
This map is protected.

Keywords:
wow risk, wow, risk, priwin, bhor, cataclysm, pandaria, nickel510, world of warcraft
Contents

WoW RISK Pandaria .3beta (Map)

Reviews
16:03, 12 Sep, 2008 Rui: Approved. "WoW Risk" is a Warcraft III Risk map which bases itself on the Warcraft lore. It was originally created by Meai and is now being developed by Priwin. You can see my review of good/bad points here.
  1. 16:03, 12 Sep, 2008
    Rui:
    Approved.

"WoW Risk" is a Warcraft III Risk map which bases itself on the Warcraft lore. It was originally created by Meai and is now being developed by Priwin.
    You can see my review of good/bad points here.

2. Flexikana

Flexikana

Resources:
    Resources:
    WoW risk is great. the map is made really god - just like the real one. and the units is great for all the races. the alliance vs horde mode is really nice made.

3. crazycoolcolin

crazycoolcolin

Resources:
    Resources:
    the first thing i noticed is that the map looks nice and very detailed. Looks really fun ill try it out as soon as possible :D

4. Some guy

Some guy

Resources:
    Resources:
    The only problems with Alliance vs Horde are:
    1. You need to have players who arnt noobs and quit when there lossing whitch destrorys the game.
    2. hard to get a full house on battle net.
    3. as with any map laggers

GREAT mode other then those things.
    Whish I had 12 pcs all land lined!

5. son-dk

son-dk

Resources:
    Resources:
    hey m8 nice map. but making outland could be a cool feature. :)

6. kryptosuper

kryptosuper

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Azeroth and outland

It'd be good if u put both outland and azeroth, how to connect? go blasted lands dark portal like :D den portal = outland like a real WoW

7. Far Aldazar Din

Far Aldazar Din

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ooh. Looks interesting. I might get some friends to play.

8. Statharas

Statharas

Resources:
    Tools:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I Hate you.......
    I had the same idea but i had to make my own models...so you passed me......at least
    let me work with the models...
    I've got many Importable....Troll Mage,Taurens,Orcs,Orcish Death Knight etc.
    PM ME!

9. maplover

maplover

Resources:
    Resources:
    loL!!!!!!!!!!! this map looks somewhat like vice city map
    it looks like u got the idea from there..anyways very nice
    keep up the good work!!

10. Fratelli Guy

Fratelli Guy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looks really really good, all my maps stunk, trying to learn triggers...very hard stuff. I like your map, I like it alot! Nice job. The terrain is very large and fun.

11. slavi621

slavi621

Resources:
    Resources:
    OMFG!!! This map is great! It's the best map I've ever seen! I've played World of Warcraft and in this map every detail is just like in the game! Congrats to all the people who made this map.

12. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Rui's Review
    [+]Fun Factor/Gameplay: The map is entertaining: it contains the Warcraft feeling, after all. The gameplay is just like another risk, however.
    The options to customize your gameplay were a good addition.
    [+]Bugs: I found no bugs that could interfere with the gameplay, but I did not explore the map fully.
    [+]Spelling & Grammar: I found no grammatical mistakes. I did not explore the map fully, as I said.
    [+/-]Hive Workshop Requirements: The map contains a valid name, an author name, and is in it's right type. However, it has a wrong category, and the description if for a brief text regarding the map gameplay & information, not for changelogs.
    [+/-]Terrain: A well made terrain... not made by you. This is clearly Avrion's work from Legacy Reborn.
    [+/-]Originality: The map is original to a certain degree. As I stated earlier, it's the only (known) risk with Warcraft as a theme. What takes it down is the fact that it's just another risk: you train units, you go conquer territories, and you end up fighting the player that rules the other half of the map, or you get squeezed by a player with more territories (and thus more gold) than you.
    [+/-]Balance: I cannot say the game is imbalanced: from what I saw the game was actually pretty decent, but I don't think I played a game with people who used their gold fully, so I can never be sure.
    [-]Machine/Net-Friendly: Drawing aggro from Legacy Reborn has it's downsides: the game is laggy now. At least it was when I first played v2.81.
    [-]Object Editor Work Quality: CP Troop production structures, and units. It's all a risk needs, not what an original risk needs.

My rating for this map is 3/5 (Useful).

~Thank you for using the Hive Workshop

Last edited: Sep 12, 2008
  13. rober artua

rober artua

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This map lags heavily sometimes .This is huuuge minus otherwise it is cool

14. Teldrassil

Teldrassil

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Were you given the terrain from Azeroth Wars or did you just take and edit it?

I also notice it says that the map was originally made by Meai, did he give permission or did you edit it without permission?

I ask this because taking credit for another persons work is frowned upon, and if the map was open source when you edited it, the map you submit must also be open source.

and as far as reviewing goes, this is a well made Risk style game with some cool elements, good job. 4/5

15. risk_fan2

risk_fan2

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I have permissions from both Avrion and Meai, you may check it and ask them if you want to. And im sorry for the lag, i already tried everything to reduce it, but it seems the map is just too big... you better get a good comp if you wanna play the map. And Ive got two accounts on hive (risk_fan2 & Priwin), so im not faking.

16. Demon Reaper

Demon Reaper

Resources:
    Resources:
    nice map dude like the real one

17. Larry_Camonta

Larry_Camonta

Resources:
    Resources:
    one of the best maps i have ever played,
    but just 1 problem
    why canĀ“t you conquer guilneas??

for the rest i would give a 4.999/5
    good job man

18. Alagremm

Alagremm

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    One of my favourite maps!
    If only I wasnt a noob:sad:
    5/5

19. Naim

Naim

Resources:
    Resources:
    This map is just Great! I like it very much. Portal to outland is cool. Good job all who builded this map!

Last edited: Mar 14, 2009