• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WoW Resurrected: Shadow of Undeath

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Note: This is an edit of WoW Reborn, one of the final edits, if I may add.
I started to edit WoW Reborn over a year ago, first producing the version "Drums of War", and then advancing on to meet the demands of those who played the map. Shadow of the Necropolis is designed to do two things, one of them being giving the players a chance to taste custom heroes and abilities in a massive RPG map, another being coordinated group boss fights. After awhile, with the amount of changes to the map, I've decided to rename it into "World of Warcraft Ressurrected".

Patch Notes:

Version Ressurrected: 1.10
- All Naxxramas boss fights have been buffed.
- New minimap preview image and loading screen image added.
- Molten core has been removed and Bronzebeard is now at his rightful place.
- Ragnaros has been replaced by Al'ar.
- In addition to Atiesh, Medivh now drops Ancient Cornerstone Grimore as well.
- In addition to Band of the Frozen Wastes, Morbent Fell drops Reliquary of Souls.
- Al'ars drop table has been set to Talon of Al'ar and Ashes of Al'ar.

Version Ressurrected: 1.20
- The Naga and Blood Elf trees has been greatly expanded.
- The Naga has been introduced with 2 more structures: Drowned Boatyard (Primary Melee troop production) and Torrential Highperch (Flying troop production).
- The Naga has been introduced with 4 more units: The Ancient Hydra, Sea Giant, Naga Battlequeen and Leviathan.
- The Blood Elf has been introduced with a new structure: Syphon of the Netherstorm.
- The Blood Elf has been introduced with 5 more units: The Immortal, Blood Mage, Crusader, Unstable Voidwalker and Mana Wyrm.
- Each of the two races has had upgrades respective to the new units added.

Version Ressurrected: 1.21
- Fixed a bug where after completing the last quest in the Illidan chain, the player gets two heroes: his normal hero and an invulnerable Illidan.
- Fixed a bug where Warlord specters gave +300% attack speed.

Version Ressurrected: 1.22a
- All Unique items have been redone and nerfed to give only 3 as opposed to the previous 4 item bonuses.
- Several boss fights, such as the dragon temple and felwood fight, has been edited so that it is no longer possible to bug. A trigger has been implemented so that units cannot attack the respective bosses unless within a certain region, unless the bosses are not in that region.
- An AI has been implemented for some boss fights where the bosses will return to their starting locations if no players are within the boss fight region.
- The aforementioned AI as well as a trigger for auto heal, much like how bosses reset in WoW, is being debated at the moment to see if it should be implemented for all bosses.
- The Dragon Temple Guardian boss has been replaced with Twin Illidari Champion Bosses.
- Al'ar and Morbent Fell no longer drop the chaos and order stones, Netharel and Varedis now do.
- The Juggernaut's Path of Blood ability, due to its buggable nature, has been replaced with a new spell: Cataclysm's Edge.
- Netharel, one of the new bosses, has had his loot table set to Chaos Stone Fragment and Cursed Vision of Sargeras.
- Varedis, the second of the new bosses, has had his loot table set to Order Stone Fragment and Skull of Gul'dan.
- The model file for the Eternal Guardian has been replaced.
- Each and every Unique item has had its item bonuses fixed so that the item bonuses do not overlap the item bonus of another Unique item.
- The damage on Nether Drakes and Blood elf Immortals had been reduced.
- The attack type of Naga Battlequeens, Sea Giants and Immortals had been changed to Chaos.
- The mana cost of all profession abilities had been reset to its original amount.
- The Reliquary of Souls' charge has been reduced to 3.

Version Ressurrected: 1.22b
- All of the Unique items have had their tooltips updated.
- All of the Hero Selection tooltips have been updated.
- All of the spell tooltips have been updated.
- A new series of triggers had been added so that when a unit leaves the boss combat region, the boss will move back to its original position. After one minute, if no enemy unit is in the boss fight area, the boss's HP will reset to 100%. This has not been applied to the dreadlord, plaguebringer, destroyer, guardian of tirisfall and hydra queen fights.
- Inner Vitality has been greatly buffed.
- The stun duration on Warstomp, Soul Fire, Aimed shot and bash had been reduced.
- Fixed a bug where Netharel respawned.
- Most of the quest reward items had been redone to fit their difficulties.
- The artifact shop had been updated and its items are now at their correct costs.
- Goblin Land Mines, due to its ability to be abused, has had its stock limit set to 3, and restock timer set to 3 minutes, and now cost 525 gold each.

Version Final
- Repaired all known abusable bugs.
- Added new Loading screen image.
- Map is now optimized and heavily protected.

Note: after going through a few looks at the map, I've thought over new ideas on improving it. I have begun to revamp the map from its base and am planning to add in many new features. Look for the new version of Resurrected in the next couple of weeks!

For now: here's a taste of the ALPHA.

Version Wrath of the Lich King pre-ALPHA
- All hero spells have had their cooldown, mana cost and effects data changed and balanced.
- Hoarmurath has been renamed Sindragosa, and has had her base damage increased to 2750.
- Adrenaline Rush's effects have been changed to last only 5 seconds.
- Huntress has been renamed to Valkyrie.
- Valkyrie's Multishot and Trueshot mastery abilities have been replaced with Impetus and Volley.
- Ancient Phoenix's Feedback ability has been replaced with Purgatory.
- Warder's Starfall and Starfire abilities have been replaced with Wrath of Cenarius and Lucent Beam.
- Lich's Shadowburn ability has been replaced with Death Pulse.
- While in Cloak of Shadows, the Mercurial can cast Dispersion.
- The name of Decaying Orchid has been changed to Orchid Malevolence.
- Undead acolytes no longer needs to haunt to collect gold.

Version Wrath of the Lich King pre-ALPHA Hotfix
- Fixed the bug where the game wasn't playable to begin with; there was a error with optimization.

What's to come:
- Game modes: Dungeon siege; diplomacy; free for all; double versus; team versus; shadow of the necropolis.
- Maelstrom Arena.
- Item recipes.
- Updated zones categorized by level.
- Creeps will give gold and experience according to level.
- Boss A.I.
- Updated Northrend with the Lich King as the final boss.
- Mini bosses in most zones.
- Updated blood elf and naga trees (further).
- And much, much more.

Version Shadow of Undeath BETA 1.01
- Morbent Fell has been replaced with Arthas.
- Fixed the last quest in the Forsaken Chain.
- Frostmourne has been added to the list of Unique Items.
- Guardians of Icecrown has been given a new model.
- Gluth has been given a new model.
- Death Knights had been given a new model.
- Bloodelf upgrade's tooltips and icons had been updated.
- Mercurial's Dispersion damage has been significantly lowered (it was able to 1 shot bosses).
- Fixed a hotkey error with Permafrost.
- Fixed creep placement and density in Northrend.
- The Pain of Felwood boss has been revamped to be somewhat easier and has had its model changed to an Eredar Warlock's, and had been renamed "Prince Malchezzar".
- Tooltips have been updated for all heroes during selection.
- Arcane Cataclysm now requires an upgrade to be used.
- Blood Mage training has been included.

Version Shadow of Undeath BETA 1.02
- Fixed a bug where the Lich King missed one of his spells.
- Made the size of the Lich King bigger.
- Made the tint of Guardians of Icecrown darker.
- Fixed the movement speed of Apocalyptus.
- Fixed the levels of the 5 Paladins.

Version Shadow of Undeath BETA 1.05
- Various bug fixes took place.

Version Shadow of Undeath BETA 1.05b
- Removed divine shield from the Paladins that players needed to kill for a quest.
- Fixed a bug where Arthas would not lose invulnerability.
- The hitpoints of all main structures have been restored to normal.
- Various additional bug fixes took place.

Keywords:
WoW, Warcraft, World, World of warcraft, Necropolis, Naxxramas, Northrend, Shadow, Shadow of the Necropolis, Kel, Kel'Thuzad, Reborn, Revived, Resurre
Contents

WoW Resurrected: Shadow of Undeath (Map)

Reviews
11:04, 29th Mar 2009, by Rui: The initial changes, such as the new set of heroes and abilities, don't sound bad. But that is until you figure out the skills are unbalanced and the spellsets unorganized. The rest is pretty much an unchanged terrain...

M

11:04, 29th Mar 2009, by Rui:
The initial changes, such as the new set of heroes and abilities, don't sound bad. But that is until you figure out the skills are unbalanced and the spellsets unorganized. The rest is pretty much an unchanged terrain, overrated items, ridiculous neutral buildings and a couple of serious bugs (including the ability to construct Gold Mines), everything a spin-off shouldn't have.
Seeing as how the author doesn't seem to be releasing any other version, the map's faith can be no other than Rejected. The rating is 2/5 (Lacking).

Level 4
Version 2.21
The Lich is the most rigged hero, it can mind control any units, boss hero, including player hero and strip them of their items. It has this crazy AoE Rampage Spell that can destroy any Empire in matters of second.
Being an Warlord seems to have no real significant advantage when all trained units are so weak against stronger enemies. Which makes Warlord a complete waste of time in my opinion.
Boss should be able to Respawn, if someone was doing a certain quest and someone else killed it already, he won't be able to complete it or obtain good items, so its all about who gets there first and kills it, even though you mention coordinated group attacks, its simply very easy for some Hero with a few items to solo a Boss.
I don't understand how the Temple of Darkness/Light works, is there any guide to how to do it, or is it a specific Quest in order to obtain it?

Level 3
The Lich matter will be looked into.
As for warlords, the units are not designed to fight with the elite spawns in Naxxramas, but they can be easily used to help the player, along with the usage of their hero, to kill a boss. Also, top tier units have the spellshield ability so they are not killed off easily by bosses AoEs, or that of another player.
Bosses should not be able to respawn, there's I believe only one quest which requires the killing of bosses and that will automatically complete itself if the bosses in question are dead already. As well, the boss system is designed to give players competition as to who can get to them first. It's one thing to be bitter about not being able to kill the bosses first, but another for a balanced system.
There's a quest on guiding players as to how to get the status of a demigod and therefore getting to the temple of light/darkness. The actual step to get the required artifacts are not given, and you'd have to find out for yourself.

EDIT IN:
Lich's Mind Control can no longer be cast on heroes, bosses or players heroes. The spell was originally intended to help in certain boss fights, but now I see too many ways to abuse with it. Such as putting a hero into a boat while they are mind controlled, and leaving them there even after the MC finishes.

Lich's Shadowfury shadow path per second has been reduced.

Level 3
I've been playing this map in many versions. My due respect, this map is quite good, but there is one thing that bugs me. It just occurred that I died with 5 artifacts in my hands and in contrast to the quest menu, NONE of the artifacts have been respawned at their original drop location, thus the items were lost forever. It bugged me so much that I left the game, since I had worked hours for those. I would not call it a final version, yet. Please fix that major bug.

Level 3
Yes, I realized that there may yet be bugs for the map to be considered a final release. (read the last sentence in the long description)

But, the unique artifacts are not intended to drop if the owner dies. Could you describe to me what you were doing, which items you were carrying/which were lost and how you died when you lost those items? I'm aware that the quest menu description of item respawnage is incorrect, but my knowledge of how JASS works does not allow me to change the quest text as all the triggers are written in JASS and the quest triggers are written in Trigger Strings, I don't quite know how to edit that yet.

Level 3
Okay L0cke. The artifacts that I was carrying were from the scorpion in the desert, the hydra in the sea, the molten core shard, the artifact of varimathras and the weapon of the pitlord in fellwood. I was killed by some kind of triggered blizzard spell that was only focused on me. That occurred at the molten core, when I approached an opponent. I couldn't see who casted it, but the damage dealt to me was MASSIVE and continuous. I was hit for like 500 damage every second until I finally died at the entrance of the molten core. Although all the mobs that had followed me until that point weren't even visible anymore, the effect of the spell lasted.
If it matters, which I doubt: the hero I had chosen was the assassin with the two daggers.

EDIT: I am sorry that I cannot remember all those names, since I only played the map once. I don't like it either when someone reports something to me about one of my maps and I have to search for everything myself first, but I don't have time to check now ._.

Level 3
Hmm.
The only item or creature with that effect would be from either Band of the Frozen Wastes (from Kel'Thuzad) or Hoarmurath the Frost Wyrm Boss's AoE effect.
Which version of the map were u playing? If the blizzard effect was from a player, then you were killed by a player, if it was a older version, then the effect would be from a firelord, which was fixed in the later versions. I've played as a slayer before and I've never had any artifacts drop on death.

Are you sure that the artifacts were gone from your inventory? Or did you only assume that because of the quest text? Also, which player were you playing? Red, Blue, etc.

And dont worry about the names, I know them myself.

Level 3
I was playing 2.21 if I remember right. And yes, it might have been a firelord, since I could have possibly been near one of those. I was player 1 and it wasn't a player, we were all allied, it was a lan with friends. And yes, the artifacts did drop. My inventory was entirely empty, apart from the armor crafting book (ooh yes, which is also quite bugged, it won't let me spawn the third armor type often and it had never let me spawn the fourth one, just to mention it, now that I recall it). I went back to the place where I died, but nothing was there. Then I checked the boss locations and neither were the items there. They were gone, simply.

EDIT: By the way, if you have msn, we could simply discuss there, if you wanted. Just ask me and I'll send you a pm containing the address.

EDIT2: Yes, it was 2.21.

EDIT3(Meh): I just figured out the effect comes from the Infernals. What exactly it is, I don't know. Seems almost like some immolation with water Oo

Level 3
I've just tested as a Slayer, after acquiring all of your mentioned items, I died purposely in Molten Core, then revived myself, but none of the items were lost, they were still in the inventory...

The only items with the effect of "drops when user dies" are quest items, I made sure of that many versions ago.

As for the armor crafting book, to craft the third item, you need the second item, and to craft the fourth, you need the third.

Level 3
Meh, this makes one feel really stupid. I know about the book's rules, L0cke, but the fourth one didn't want to be crafted. The third one remained in the inventory and the fourth one didn't even spawn. Maybe it was just a one time bug. I have one last idea how this could have happened. Are you testing in SP or in MP? Because I often get errors in MP that don't occur in SP, neither in the editor. Like one time units in my map costed lumber, even though they didn't cost lumber in the editor and SP. Otherwise, hell, maybe it was just a mere coincidance and I thought it'd have been good to report it.

Level 3
I tested them in both SP and MP. Not LAN though. But it doesnt matter, because triggers work the same, always, and a set function does not change, unless stated with a condition, when game mode is changed.

However, there may be some triggers that I've overlooked. But either way, it's nice that you've brought this to my attention, since one should never ignore a possible bug on a map of his own. So, thank you very much for bringing it to my attention, and I will continue to see during BETA phase if this is indeed a problem that exists.

Level 3
Costume models take up alot of map size. The map is already at it's maximum priority for models, 3955 kb, any higher would cause it to be unplayable in multiplayer. Glad that you like the map though.

Level 1
Great map ....but :
- The Loremaster is too poor .. I think :)
- The Boosses could have more strategical spells (a spell shield item with 15 cooldown is total clear win :) )
- The Bosses could have more HP regeneration - lower lvls killers protection (attack=>moment of fight=>dead=>boss lost 10%=>ressurection and always all again until the boss die)
- I don'T know why, but when I killed THe Glutch (abomination in Naxx) at once all the bosses died and they dropped their items
- at The Hideout tag could it be Warning for Warlords about Defeat when they build second hideout. Hehehe I prepared to The Ragnaros:p.
- The Best Bug! :) ...huge XP rate!!! It could be about 0.3x ..... (time for quests and usage quest rewards
- Lich's abbility for additional dmg to attack would be automatically activated.
- less mana regeneration ...
- some Warlord's units are too poor
- Freelancers out of Engineers can't get wood to buy towers (I think)

Tips:

- Heroes have different models and spells
- Spell with less cooldown (less dmg of course)
- Dungeons would be more sizeable ... with teleports to others parts of map
- Dungeons or bosses killable only with copleted quest
- Professions could have more products including "finding ingredients"

Thx for repairs ....this map would be best W3 map 4ever ;-)

Sry for my english :)

Level 1
Is this the latest version of the map? I hope not, cuz there are some vital bugs here. Many bug users are there because of that, and they ruin the game.

-Like Rexxar's(dont remember the name) blood-dripping attack(?), my bro said if you are using that while attacking a person(i thought), then u can walk anywhere you want(even through the boundary!, except through the doodads however ?_?).
-And artillery technique (kind of camping for rts/rpg), stand somewhere with dragon or a long range ship some where, and just waiting till the boss is gone, and some lvl 1 guy took the dragon armor +1250hp +30 def etc. Especially, the pitlord(with dragons, and gates shut), Dragonman(luring out of the temple, then gates dont need to be shut) and Ragnaros is the worst(it just doesnt attack, maybe its just because its weak but i dunno).
-and item vanish problem, if you get killed above the sea by going through the maelstorm, your orb would dissapear! however, this isnt major bug, maybe this is the way to remove the other orb from the game, to reduce the chance of having 2 demigods..
-Is getting the orderstone may be to difficult? or is just getting chaos orb to easy? if you compare between the hard work to get one of the orbs, getting the chaos orb is way too easy(thanks to the nice noble non-attacking ragnaros(if it use the summon (too unfrequently), run! and come back later again!) + shortcampaign, and compared to the lichC, weaker creatures). and the light demigod is not that strong compared to the other, so there are many lads that are trying to get the chaos first and then change to demigod then obtaining or destroy(worst part maybe) the other orb, and so the order stone will goto oblivion. u need to much money+skills+micro+time to go through the lich campaign, so no one is there. so making the ragnaros campaign more (extreme)difficult will clear my heart with anger, player hunting, mail bombing, saying that i know where you live to that fking bug users. (and did you know that you can takeover these creatures with possesionspam?-undead (fun, but weak))
-i cant slay paladins, they are invulnerable.
-there is one worthless item over there, called bladebane armor... maybe just for pawn.
-i have the feeling like, if i use the 15 cooldown thing, that im like invul to boss spells.
actually even with the 40 sec cooldown, reducing the boss cooldown woudnt be a badthing (actually, because of that, i could never see the ability i was countering all the time from ragnaros, i removed the uberbladebaneA to see what the ability i was always countering)
-Undead North Portal doesnt work

But wat i hate the most is seeing someone killing bosses with ranged unit from impassable places, please make them smarter, or give some AAir ability, AShip Ability or even invulnerable AAir&Dragon Doom Towers Are good!

i have my points divided, so u can read this reply easier. and do i like this game?
Yea ofcourse i like it, else i wouldnt register here to post 1 reply!

Level 1
It appears the quests aren't completeable. There is still one Undiscovered quest, and Sylvanis has a ! over her head that yields no response.

Quests we've done:

Dragon Slayer
Golem Factory
Search for Muradin
Crusade
Druid Spell
The World Tree
Moon Stones
Demon Blood
Durotar Law Code
Harpy Menace
Arena Contest
Centaur Khans
Tomb of Sargeras
Fight Fire with Fire
Sapphiron
Stormrage
Dark Portal
Stormreaver Hermit
Demigod's Remnants
Demigod's Horn
Lich King's Order

What are we missing, and why?

Level 1
thats -kill the paladins-(forgot the name) quest, i thought u must be undead to complete it.
however, all npc paladins are invulnerable, so u must hope that u have paladin guy in game that likes to being slain by u.

Level 3
Alright guys, I've fixed most of the boss fights. One problem remains where I must find the Jass scripting the part about the paladin quests. So far, no avail.

ANY other quest bugs or whatnot though, tell me.

Level 1
i found few bugs:

1.) path of blood (berserker) bug: if you use path of blood against a enemy, u can go through every pathing blockers of the map. except trees, but if u target a tree with it, u can go through trees either.
2.) ice crown gate way?: what is this gate meant for actually? it says it goes to ice crown, but cant go through there.
3.) maybe overpowered naga royal guard? (so i mean also that maybe naga race is overpowered?): if you have 8 naga royal guard, u can kill every singled out creatures & bosses in the game, because of the stun effect of the frost bolt.
should every race has this kind of creatures, or should this kind of creatures removed from the race, so its only available through the campaign?
4.) possesable uber creatures: if u take 2 banshees, anti magic shield them 2, then trying to posses a core hound with them, i will give u 100% guaranteed chance to take over this uber creature. should this be legal or not?
5.) Mind Control (lich): its again about the MC ability. i have captured every single unit in the core area (except that Infernal guy) with goblin zeppelin, and whiped out whole someoneelse's nation by dropping them in it. i felt sorry for them. is MC too powerful? also if you use MC against Molten Giant, send them in to some of its allies, it ll attack them even after MC wears off. so level 1 lich can slay an Molten Giant (hp 20000+ damage 2000+) u can actually say. maybe still too overpowered?
6.) removed creatures: if u use Artillery type, shadow arrow (lich), or finger of pain like ability to them, it wont come back. sometime its nice, but sometimes there are guys that haves fun to bring the whole WoW creature population. should this been seen as a bug or not? (cant creep anymore)
7.) <spoiler?
-DGod issues: Healing Ability of DGod of Light doesnt show the right information. it says it heals 750, while it heals a larger number. same with the DGoC's finger of pain ability.
And does DGoL has less abilities than DGoC, or am i just imagining? i personally dont like it that the DGoL come out weaker, becuz its 10 times more difficult to obtain it. And if u become DGoC u can obtain a order orb that is way more powerful than chaos orb.
Also the ToL's all invul ability doesnt work properly (it does only makes units invulnerable close to the tower)

spoiler?>
8.) walk away boss: sometimes if i attack a boss, this boss will make a full journy around the map, not attacking anyone.. dont really know why this happens, but happens quite often.
9.) quests rewards: rewards of the quests are often poor. sometimes it's waste of time. if i train my hero in that time, i can kill the bosses faster, and obtain more powerful artefacts that the quests cant give. something like xp bonus will be fine too(idea?)
10.) victory/defeat?: is it enabled? i tried everything but i cant still defeat other players
11.) artifact shop: should it stay there? because u spoil some of the quest items with it.

maybe i made it difficult for u, but this is it.. i cant imagine more bugs than that, so after this is completed, only balance issues are left. if i find out more u will see it.

thanx by the way

Level 3
Thank you very much, Ill123, for pointing out these issues. I've fixed most of them and am now looking into the others.

1) I'm looking to replace path of blood if not fix it. While there is a bug, I don't see it as an abusable bug. But please point it out if any major abuse is doable with this ability.
2) The icecrown gateway is just there for looks, ignore it as lower level players cannot simply zone into northrend and expect to live.
3) I've fixed this issue by nerfing Frostbolt greatly. (See patch notes)
4) This should've been fixed as the unit that Core Hounds were based on was NE archers, a possessable unit. However, I've given Core Hounds Resistant Skin, I haven't tested this yet though.
5) Mind Control has been taken out. Permanently.
6) I dont really see this as an issue. It would take too long for anyone to clear the entire map anyways.
7) The tooltips have been fixed, and the DGod of Light is a counter of the DGod of darkness. Where Darkness has dmg effects, Light has healing ones. They should balance pretty well.
8) This I really don't know why. I've had this happen only once with Saphiron in Naxx.
9) After the difficulty increase with Boss fights, players need to gear up from quests to attempt the bosses. This is still under testing, however.
10) There are no victory/defeat triggers. There were, but I've taken them out due to major bugs.
11) The artifacts cost ALOT of gold. And most quests are easily done anyways. generally, players have the choice to either do quests and then grind for EXP, or grinding while doing quests, or grinding for EXP, and using the gold to buy artifacts as opposed to quest items.

Thank you so much for the effort put into testing. If you wish, I will add you to the list of appreciated testers. I just need you to PM your username on battle.net.

Level 1
OMG, really!?!? thank you!!! ill PM u soon XD

i found some newones recently, its its about Felwood Boss, sea elemental ability, temple of light, temple item stock and observasion tower & ressurection stone.
1.) Anti Air: AA of FWPitlord, doesnt work effectively. Because most of guys in my game uses spell-immune dragons, i dont know your AA is spell based or not (i havent seen my self), but he killed the boss with 2 dragons, no damage. (maybe air range damage, like doomguard?)
2.) Sea elemental ability: especially about the Sea Witch and Temple Guardian, it summons elementals that cant swim.. Sea Witch self can swim, but WElementals not, so it looks bugged, if u use the ablity above water. and TempleG, it uses the summon as AShip what it's great, but cant swim and the name of the Elemental is "Water Elemental"
(i dont know if that's an issue or not), so it's still a prey to the ships attacks (especially battleships with a long range)
3.) Voodoo Dance: Temple of light voodoo doesnt work well, tooltip says it makes all units over the world invulnerable, but it makes only in area of 200, or maybe 100 invunerable.. can u check it for us?
4.) Hero Inventory?: Temples uses Hero inventory, is that right? its kind of funny if u give a lifestealing, tornado casting, +35 item to it, it will give it +35 armor and it will attack faster, has lifesteal & it can cast nados. and if u give a profession item, it will create an item, but u cant get it, cuz of the building collision, so u must destroy it, if u want to have it. i tried to teleport or blink the building, but it gladly didnt work. (teleporting buildings? WTF!!) maybe change to unit inventory, if u dont like it.
5.) Observation Tower & Ressurection Stone: what is it for? looks?
6.) my tauren tent?: if im player 1, i own a tauren tent in city where panda&Cow lives. no meanings i think?
7.) Etc: About path of bood, its kind of a major bug because it can walk over a boundaries too, u can easily enter the selecting area and go to one of the portals for easy teleport, also they can build a base on the hero selection area so their base is theoretically invulnerable. so its abusable. (OMG, enemy units appeared from nowhere middle in my base!!);Indeed u are right about that grand saphiron it will make a full orbit too. maybe u should make boundaries with regions and say: if u enter/leave this region, go back to where u belong so u wont be killed by a bunch of level 6 heroes.

Thats it for this time. i have numbered it this time too, cuz it's easier to answer on it.
other patching and decision are great, but if i find out more again, ill post. ;)

Level 3
Alright, I've fixed most of the major bugs addressed.

1) The Pitlord boss is now isolated and cannot be bug abused unless you open the gate.
2) The sea elementals can now swim.
3) Temple of Light's Protection ability now says the correct tooltip.
4) The temples' inventories are only there for the purpose of storing items, you shouldn't try to have the temples use the items to begin with.
5) They're just there.
6) It belongs to World Denizens now.
7) As for the path of blood issue, I'll leave it be until I can find a spell to replace it. As for Saphiron and whatnot, I'm still trying to find a way to fix it.

Level 1
4) The temples' inventories are only there for the purpose of storing items, you shouldn't try to have the temples use the items to begin with.

i meant, the temples can actually use items now! 80
so, if u want to use it only for storage, u should fix it^^

Level 3
Unfortunately, I have no way of fixing it. Because If I were to give it unit inventory, then it would have only 2 slots as opposed to the 6.

Players should simply refrain from using it to begin with. Sure, they can use it, but it's not to their advantage.

Level 2
Man I've seen so many versions of this game... (I have my own) Good to see that other people are trying to make a NON Rigged version.... (I thought i was the only one lol)
Good job looks like you put alot of work in here.
Edit: Is this open for other people to edit? I'd like some ideas, and to see how you did some stuff. (I'm not a jass reader either) Also why dont you put in a repick system? If you need one that wont let people get more than 1 hero Just send me a message

Edit2: I noticed that your map is very lage, ever consider downloading Wc3 map Optimizer? Can help reduce the map size (Warning if you dont have all the custom models' paths then some features wont work and will make the new map unplayable)

EDIT:
Okay, so I've been playing a bit and I noticed that it is really eaisy to get the strongest items from any proffesion (Armour level 4 doesn't work by the way) For example It only requires you to have 400 mana for the strongest item and the cool-down is very short. So I reccomend you either increase the mana requirement, or make the cool-down longer. Just my opinion though. Another thing is, if the frozen teleporter doesn't work you may as well take it out completly. I'll post more things as I play the map.

EDIT: A good thing to do for warlords is to set the life of trees higher than 50, there isnt a very good supply of trees in any of the bases so giving the trees like 400 or 500 health instead of 50 would make it more worth it to be a warlord. (Also, it makes the item: Magical seed more used)

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 2
Like I played this, then I got bored (after I played it for about the 38th time) and I was just wondering if someone could send me the link to the new world editor patch or just the new world editor...cause I couldnt edit it because I have a freakin old version...if someone could send me the link, it'd be freakin awesome! Go there (its meh) \/Brae+J kawmix © | Brae & J is here to stay ©

Level 3
@ Rifle-Man: If you wanted a map with WoW gameplay, why not just go play WoW? There are private servers where you don't have to pay, and you can download the game itself for free from its website.

@ MyLilPwnie: Please do not edit this map in any way and release it as I have personally put a lot of effort into making this. If you wish to edit EvilPitLord's version, that's fine, as he stated it himself that it's open to further editing.

Last edited:
Level 1
L0cke in my opinion you should make expansions to map for raids, and outland. It would make so that people can save their character and not have to start over every single game, so I think your map would become even more popular than it already is.

Level 3
I have actually thought of having a save/load in the game. Also I am actually debating on if I should make it available in this new version as I do plan on expanding Northrend raiding a bit. However, by having save/load, I would make the map somewhat like an official RPG. Whereas, today's official RPGs have a much larger selection of heroes, features, zones, quests items and interface, such as TKoK. It's true that it takes a very long time to get through the map and most just don't want to invest that much time. But by having save/load, it's very likely that eventually players will eventually be loading the same heroes with the same gears and they will probably prey on the lesser players.

One of the alternatives that I have considered is to transform WoW Resurrected into a base map, with future expansions for more raids, such as outland. The base map being a general map where a few cities will be designated for quests, etc. The map will be an actual RPG. However, things like warlords, professions, and all the basic quests will be removed and basically, I could just make a new map. In which case, I would need a lot more help than just handling it myself. An AI editor, terrain, doodad, unit, text, spells, triggers editors will have to be found who will help as a team to create the new map. And unfortunately, I am a busy person as I do have a life outside WC3. And my GPA is a lot more important than making a successful map on WC3. I would definitely consider making my own set of RPG maps, but for now, I would simply like to finish and permanently close down the Resurrected project.

Level 1
Sounds good to me, I would help you but I don't think I am a good enough map maker to assist you in your map.

Level 2
L0cke, if you are still active I will help you with the map, I've made alot of changes with evilpitlords map, and know a fair bit about the WE. So if your interested in any of the ideas above, send a pm or just post here.

Level 12
Umm, is it just me or does this map not work?

I can't create it on LAN with friends. Please fix this.

Edit: It doesn't work on single player either.

Level 8
Yippee... =/

I have a problem with this map: (idk is it yet, if example new version was released after this... it has been about... 9 days ago...)I dl:ed it, and went straight to Warcraft to test it, but when I clicked the map's name, player list (where you can example add computers and etc...) didn't show up. I thought that it's anyway, so I clicked the start button. Then it happened: It was going to start, but it didn't - it just came back to the player list. Dunno is it fixed... but if not, fix plz. :con::con:

Level 12
The name is probably too long. Go to the map folder where the map is and shorten its name, that should make the map show up in WarCraft 3.

- Infinite

Level 5
to be honest I am a little bit disappointed. This map has gone through so many stations and their are still mistakes like the skills of the Destroyer (that evil demigod thingy). The Portal to Northrend should be removed since it is a high level area. Sapphiron is invulnerable but still attacks.

Then you are fucking with the Lore of warcraft even more then Blizzard did :D I mean their are 2 lich kings in your map for example. I fight the Lich King but can do quest for Kel'thuzad.

I know that this is a fantasy match but since you added Naxxramas which is official lore you should stick to it.

The Paladin quest which is thanks to storm bolt extreme hard to do seems to be bugged nothing happened after i took them down.

I also didn't like the fact you have to wear this bow to be able to attack air. If you did this to be more realistic then you have to change the Naxxramas wyrms as they can be attacked like ground units.

3/5 from me

Level 3
Which skills from the Destroyer are bugged? Please submit feedback on that.
The portal to Northrend is dysfunctional, it's only there for looks, no one can go through it either way.
Sapphiron can only become vulnerable after you accept the quest from Vashj, it was like that in the original version anyways.
The quest for Lich king doesn't mean that there are two lich kings. If you do the quest first, the lich king "reborns" so technically, you could be fighting the lich king at two different situations, not two different lich kings. Either way, yes this a technicality, but again, it was there in the original map too, you could still fight the lich king even if you do quests for kel.
I changed Naxxramas to Icecrown Glacier.
The paladins quest is extremely hard, but it's doable. Also, you're supposed to obtain an item "paladin's head" after killing five of them, if your inventory was full, then the item is created on the ground next to you, you had to pick it up and then go back to sylvannas.
A bow to attack air is for balance, so that air units exist. Later on in Icecrown glacier you attack the Naxx wyrms as ground units to make it fair so that tanks don't have the equip a bow from me.

This map has gone through many stages, it's still not perfect and this is why it's still in BETA: meaning that it's still being fixed of bugs. When it's denounced "released", then you can have a right to be disappointed.

Level 5
Please don't be offended by me i just said what i thing about this map.

Which skills from the Destroyer are bugged? Please submit feedback on that.

Well bugged is not the right word the description are just wrong Gate for example it says something like each level reduces cooldown how ever their is only level to it. Also Shadowflame is kinda point less as its damage can't keep up.

The portal to Northrend is dysfunctional, it's only there for looks, no one can go through it either way.

When you walk near the Portal of Northrend a text means it is recommended start area for undead players. Changing this text would be nice

About Sapphiron it was a given example for things are just wrong since he attacks you while being unvulnerable. I didn't say this is an huge mistake or anything just one example.

The quest for Lich king doesn't mean that there are two lich kings. If you do the quest first, the lich king "reborns" so technically, you could be fighting the lich king at two different situations, not two different lich kings. Either way, yes this a technicality, but again, it was there in the original map too, you could still fight the lich king even if you do quests for kel.

Ok i give you that however you still can kill the lich king inside Naxxramas without doing this quests. And again this is not a huge mistake just a minor and was again an example.

The paladins quest is extremely hard, but it's doable. Also, you're supposed to obtain an item "paladin's head" after killing five of them, if your inventory was full, then the item is created on the ground next to you, you had to pick it up and then go back to sylvannas.

Ok it could be that i just didn't see that.

A bow to attack air is for balance, so that air units exist. Later on in Icecrown glacier you attack the Naxx wyrms as ground units to make it fair so that tanks don't have the equip a bow from me.

I can't understand how this is balancing it might be important for Warlords but it is just bothersome for Freelancers. And have you a built in aggro system in your map ? If no it doesn't matter if the tank attacks the wyrm or not.

This map has gone through many stages, it's still not perfect and this is why it's still in BETA: meaning that it's still being fixed of bugs. When it's denounced "released", then you can have a right to be disappointed.

Ok but still i just gave you feedback about my view. Once you finished this map i will test it again and maybe change my vote.

Level 2
There is a Major Warlord related falw that should be addressed. The Houses are used like extra gold mines, but are not considered 'true gold mines' so they cannot be entangled or haunted by the Nightelves and Undead. Thus not allowing thoes Warlords to utilize that bonus.

I'd also suggest a longer cooldown on Medivh's Anti-Magic Shell.

Last edited:
Level 3
It's true that undead are unable to haunt the houses, I am currently figuring another method around it.
However, Night elves are able to entangle it by building a tree of eternity next to it.

Level 2
A simple fix, create another buildable unit from the undead "town hall" that can enter the houses.

Here's my suggestion:
Take a Human Peasant - New custum unit - remove all building (but not repairing) abilities. - Select desired skin - Change name - Make trainable at the Undead's main building.

Problem solved.

Level 18
bounty hunter2's Review on WoW Resurrected: Shadow of Undeath

We just finished playing this map, WoW Resurrected: Shadow of Undeath in one of our testing sessions. This is an ORPG based on the popular MMORGP WoW. You take control over one character and explore the world.

***The Review***

Firstly, the terrain was poorly done. It was flat, void of dodoads, often only one tileset spreading through vast areas. Too much Blizzard cliffs were used aswell. The cities were consisted of walls and one hero.

The whole idea isn't original, but if you choose the theme WoW, stick to it. There isn't a class called "Slayer" in actual WoW you know.

The Object Editor Work was poor. A lot of missing hotkeys, poorly written tooltips and green icons.

2wf3ces.jpg

The gameplay is boring aswell. You basically creep on a huge amount of land, explore boring places and build. There are a couple of quests but heck they don't really save the game.

There were a lot of other problems. I could build gold mines. When I entered some areas it would write twice: "Entering area".

To conclude this map doesn't deserve a 1/5 since a lot of work has been put into it. It's about 2/5 but it lacks too much thus my vote is Rejected!