• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WoW Model Export - Forbidden or Not?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I see a lot of people saying that WoW exports are forbidden or others saying that they just are the easy way of doing something but I love C'Thun so much I MUST use his model on my boss map :grin: . The Final Answer to the Question: If I use C'Thun and His Little Eye would the map be deleted off the hive (No Matter that it is now approved) or should I torchure myself trying to find one or ask people all over the net for one ?
P.S. The Boss will probably not have anything incommon with C'Thun - Only the model will be :thumbs_up: .

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 13
not the correct place to ask this, but yes. Posting WoW models (or maps with them) is forbidden here, same goes for SC2 models.

Map with them are forbidden also? Aeoroblyctos uses many WoW models in his campaign and many others too

Level 18
"No map may violate any Hive Workshop general or specific site rules."

Quote from Overall Sire Rules:
"The direct exporting of resources from games other than Warcraft III is prohibited. This prohibition includes, but is not limited to, World of Warcraft®. No such resources may be submitted to THW. Forum discussions pertaining to the export or editing of resources from other games will be closed."

Personally I think they're *allowed* in maps as long as there's no better alternative. I mean I used a few wow models in my campaign and it was a hosted project >__>

¬¬ u lil bias one.

Sorry, but rules are rules and maps may not have 'Illegal Content', we however do some exceptions on highly edited material, doodeds and attachments(this does not mean I agrre ¬¬).

Status
Not open for further replies.