• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WotLK - Forsaken Plague Catapult

This bundle is marked as awaiting update. A staff member has requested changes to it before it can be approved.
I took very long for this hope u guys love it...
For the Dark Lady!
Special thx to @Stefan.K @General Frank for sharing some modeling experience...

Update
1. Add Missile
2. Death Anim Fixed
3. healthbar & wheel shrinking issue fixed
Previews
Contents

WotLK - Forsaken Plague Catapult (Model)

WotLK-PLague-Forsaken Catapult Missile (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
Model does not decay properly at the end of the decay animation. Please tend to this issue.

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Glorious Model, can you make a missile?
P.S.
Hope u do more models for Forsaken
I think that the Death Tower missile or the one of the Green Dragon would work perfectly with this amazing model.

Lovely work as always @kangyun

Level 34
I still don't know how to feel about this guy, though it's obviously quite well-made. My only current gripe is the catapult-arm... It appears to be moving around like a living thing, when it seems like it's supposed to be rigid?
I have the same thought like u... but it came with the original animation from meat wagon... i think the original design want to make it feel like the wagon is moving in the rough road... haha didnt noe tat merge them together will look so diffirent...

surface that not

Level 15
"Greetings, can I interest you in a fine drink from my green beverage? Here, lemme give you a whole barrel..."

Kidding aside, that's one cool and beautiful catapult... good for chemical warfare. Great job!

And speaking of barrels, until a proper barrel missile-like model is made, I think this one would suffice... for now. It leaves a green puff-like trail when launched and makes a green catapult-like explosion on impact.

Level 34
"Greetings, can I interest you in a fine drink from my green beverage? Here, lemme give you a whole barrel..."

Kidding aside, that's one cool and beautiful catapult... good for chemical warfare. Great job!

And speaking of barrels, until a proper barrel missile-like model is made, I think this one would suffice... for now. It leaves a green puff-like trail when launched and makes a green catapult-like explosion on impact.
nice... I can replace it to my barrel missile but i have to ask the missile author permission

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
It should be pretty simple to just take the actual barrel mesh from this model & copy it onto any old projectile, right?

I have the same thought like u... but it came with the original animation from meat wagon... i think the original design want to make it feel like the wagon is moving in the rough road... haha didnt noe tat merge them together will look so diffirent...
Wait the Meat Wagon catapult-arm does the same thing??

//EDIT// holy smokes it totally does... What the heck.
I mean it's kinda hidden behind the big gray coffin in the middle, but still.

... Man sometimes I forget how gnarly the OG Meat Wagon really is. o_O

Level 15
It should be pretty simple to just take the actual barrel mesh from this model & copy it onto any old projectile, right?
Hmm... now that I think about it, the closest match would be from "BallsOfFireMissile.mdx" file (located in "Abilities\Weapons\BallsOfFireMissile\BallsOfFireMissile.mdx" inside "War3x.mpq" file). If the rock-like ball mesh were to be replaced with a spinning barrel mesh and the dust and fire effects changed to green puffs and green fire effects, you'd get a perfect barrel projectile model! 😉

Last edited:
Level 15
@kangyun, I just created two different barrel missile models for you... one is very fiery when launched and the other is less fiery when launched. Feel free (and I also recommend) to make whatever adjustments (and fixes) you see fit until it is satisfactory. Oh, and do a sanity check since I don't know how to use it. When done, upload it here to give this awesome catapult a proper barrel missile! By the way, I used Magos' War3 Model Editor and Oinkerwinkle's MDL Vertex Modifier.

But first, would you like me to upload them here or in private?

<EDIT>
Here's how they look (the bottom is very fiery when launched and the top is less fiery when launched), just to satisfy everyone's curiosity...! 😉

<EDIT 2>
Here's another looksie but with a different angle, and I had to fix the "very fiery" one because the barrel mesh was not aligned with the green fire.

<EDIT 3>
Oh, one more thing... I know you didn't ask, but I only did this out of kindness... and boredom. You're free to accept or refuse.

<EDIT 4>
I just tweaked (one last time) and created a third barrel missile model. The barrel will no longer ignite when launched but still explodes normally upon impact. I also replaced the catapult missile death sound with three combined sounds of the meat wagon missile death sound, the egg sack death sound, and the gate death sound.

Attachments

• BarrelMissileTest.gif
    BarrelMissileTest.gif
    5.4 MB · Views: 80
  • BarrelMissileTestToo.gif
    BarrelMissileTestToo.gif
    6.4 MB · Views: 76
  • BarrelMissileTestTee.gif
    BarrelMissileTestTee.gif
    3.4 MB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Level 12
so there is misslis ? becuas i really want to use this model it sick pun intended lol

Last edited:
Level 15
No, there aren't any missiles... yet.

What I've shown in my last post here were sort of WIP-like examples. I'm kinda willing to go for the third one, because it seems like the best choice (and it's pretty logical to me that the barrel should ignite only when it touches the ground). Sure, I'd love to share the missile model, but I can't do that... not until I get full permission from @kangyun (because I used his barrel mesh), the model also needs to be checked through sanity test to see if there are any inconsistencies, and I'm still waiting for his reply.

Last edited:
Level 34
@kangyun @TheDarkGiganotosaur Any chance those missiles TheDarkGiganotosaur posted a few posts above could be released? I'm working on an update for my Forsaken campaign and I'd love to include them along with the plague catapult model, it looks pretty fantastic.
sure... give me some time... cause i working on with other character...

Level 15
those missiles TheDarkGiganotosaur posted a few posts above
It's just one missile model now because the third one is definitely much better than the other two.

<EDIT>
Well, looks like @kangyun has already made and provided a proper barrel missile model in the new update, therefore I'll discard what I had made earlier... it's much better this way. I'm sure everyone (including me) will be pleased with this, so I thank you. 😄👍

Last edited:
Please fix the following issues:
  • The wheels squish during the decay animation. Solid objects should not do that.
  • The decay animation is faulty and the model does not disappear at the end of it. It should disappear and you need to use proper geoset animation to do so.
  • The status bar is too high above the unit (see image). This might be caused by recalculating extends without care.
    1681325843912.png