• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WoSA v1.3 AI

214829-albums6036-picture64476.png

War of Skills Accuracy

Version:1.3
AI:Available
Map Size:Large
Tileset:Cityscape
Players:6 vs 6 / FFA
Available Heroes:16 Heroes
Available Items:32 Items

D E V E L O P E R S

Neo_Sluf
(Main Developer,Terrainer,GUI Coder,Object Editor)
Furiion52
(Lead 2D Artist)

D E S C R I P T I O N

Although this map is a hero arena and uses Warcraft Resources still i added some features that makes it unique from other hero arena.

F E A T U R E S

- Choosable Battle Areas
- New Attribute System
- New Streak System
- No Mana Cost and Low Cooldown
- All Spells are TARGET POINT and NO TARGET type
- No EXP (+1 Level every killed hero)
- 1 sec. revive time
- Decent AI
- Spells don't cause memory leaks and 100% BUG FREE
- Uses ITEM UPGRADE SYSTEM

G A M E S Y S T E M

RESPAWN SYSTEM

- Every 0.05 seconds a trigger sets the RESPAWN POINT to the position of a random RESPAWN LOC UNIT in the area...
- If your hero dies, you will be automatically revive to the current RESPAWN POINT.
- So if your hero dies and the enemy's hero within the same time you will respawn both at the current RESPAWN POINT
HERO RANK SYSTEM

- No EXP is used in the game.I disable the Hero EXP Gained and the Unit EXP Gained
- So in order your hero to gain hero rank you need to kill an enemy hero
- Just like the leveling up,when you killed a hero you gain 1 Hero Point which you can spend to upgrade your 5 learnable skills
ITEM UPGRADE SYSTEM

- In order to upgrade an item buy it from the stores (PRESS F8/ OR CLICK THE STORE BUTTON AT THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THE SCREEN)
- Buying the item again and again will upgrade it changing its icon, increases its benefits and item ability
- You must know that when the item reaches SUPER Rank,it will stop upgrading
- So if you know that your item is at max rank STOP BUYING IT.
H E R O E S

- Uses Hero Rank instead of hero level
- Uses 4 Main Spells (DASH,JUMP,HEAL,DEFEND)
- Uses 3 Attribute Types (PHYSICAL,ENDURANCE,COMBAT)
- Some spells uses (COMBAT x SPELL COMBAT DAMAGE USAGE PERCENTAGE) damage system

FOR NEW PLAYERS

- So at the start of the game,if your the game captain you will view the following dialouges
- 1st:pvP Modes
- 2nd: FFA/Team Game Modes
- 3rd: Amount of Needed Kills
- 4th: CHOOSE BATTLE ARENA

- In choosing the battle arena, you must consider the amount of players you have in the game.
- Their are battle arenas suited for (5-8 Players) (2-4 Players) (7-12 Players).
- Next you will select your hero just open the HERO ABILITIES to see what skills they have.
- If you finally choosen it click the SELECT THIS HERO button.
- That's it! You may now start killing heroes!.
- To buy items PRESS F8 or click the STORE ICON on the bottom left of the screen.
- Remember the HOTKEYS are (Q, W, E, R, T, Y) .

SCREEN SHOTS

Ashen Forest
214829-albums6036-picture64698.png

214829-albums6036-picture64550.png

Browngrass Forest
214829-albums6036-picture64475.png

Wetsnow Land
214829-albums6036-picture64484.png

214829-albums6036-picture64549.png

City Labyrinth
214829-albums6036-picture64477.png

Great Ruin Islands
214829-albums6036-picture64479.png

16 Heroes
214829-albums6036-picture64478.png

In the Game
214829-albums6036-picture64483.png

214829-albums6036-picture64482.png

214829-albums6036-picture64481.png

214829-albums6036-picture64480.png

Author's Note

- So this map is on its early version so dont expect with a 100% and no error free gameplay
- So if you will say that this map still lack features,don't worry i will add new features on the future versions
- To the reviewers mostly on the terrains, this map is a HERO ARENA so don't expect i will use IMPORTED TREES or other IMPORTED TEXTURES.Pls consider that you must prioritize that the TERRAIN must fit to the battle environment.But i promise i will make the terrain as good as i can.
- Don't worry i accept criticism and i would like to thank advance to those who will review.

C R E D I T S

bananaHUNT
CRAZYRUSSIAN
PeeKay
-BerZeKeR-
Mr.Goblin
M0rbid
Elainiel
Power
Peekay
Epsilon
WILLTHEALMIGHTY
JesusHipster
Nasrudin
bigapple90
I3lackDeath
Bakura Yuri
67chrome
Nudl9
Golden-Drake
bigapple90
Marenko
Darkfang
HappyTauren
UgoUgo
NFWar
Hossomi - Barbarian
Unbekannt - dynamic indexing
calex3 - Power Hook
-Kobas- - Item Level Up

C H A N G E L O G

Version 1.0 AI
- Released to the Public
Version 1.1 AI

- Balance all skills
- Change Wetsnow Land
- Improve the terrain of Ashen Forest
- Added -music 1,-music 2,-music 3
Version 1.2 AI

- Added information to INFORMATION [F9]
- Improve some text and add some colors on Game Interface
- Added new feature HERO INFO
- Added new feature BEGINNER'S TIPS for every hero
- All of them can be seen at the hero selection
Version 1.3 AI

- Added Anti-Stuck Up System
- Balance all hero spell damage
- Added Item Catergories and 8 new items
- Improve the Ashen Forest
- Added Hero Selection Timer
Keywords:
neo_sluf
Contents

WoSA v1.3 AI (Map)

Reviews
Approved - when DotA is not enoughWoSA (Version 1.1 + AI) RateScorePercentLetter 5/591-100A RateScorePercentLetter 4/581-90%B RateScorePercentLetter 3/575-80%C RateScorePercentLetter 2/570-74%D RateScorePercentLetter 1/550-69%F...
Level 5
This is a very well made hero arena type map. I love the idea of be able to select different type of maps for a different amount of players. This gives a new gameplay feeling everytime you play with fewer or more players.

Did not find ANY bugs, very nice!

Some suggestions are:

For the defend ability it would be nice if you could use it to remove negative buffs; for example: Blizzard Cold.

The heal ability is a nice touch but it seems to imba, for people with low health they can just jump/dash away and heal rather quickly for it has such a short c/d. Maybe increase the amount of time it takes to cooldown, or decrease it from 4x physcial hp to 2x or 2.5x.

Other than that very nice map! I give it a rating of [color=green1]4/5[/color] and [color=green1]+rep[/color]!

Level 6
This is a very well made hero arena type map. I love the idea of be able to select different type of maps for a different amount of players. This gives a new gameplay feeling everytime you play with fewer or more players.

Did not find ANY bugs, very nice!

Some suggestions are:

For the defend ability it would be nice if you could use it to remove negative buffs; for example: Blizzard Cold.

The heal ability is a nice touch but it seems to imba, for people with low health they can just jump/dash away and heal rather quickly for it has such a short c/d. Maybe increase the amount of time it takes to cooldown, or decrease it from 4x physcial hp to 2x or 2.5x.

Other than that very nice map! I give it a rating of [color=green1]4/5[/color] and [color=green1]+rep[/color]!

The heal ability is now remove.....for the next version it will be AUTO-HEALING SYSTEM.....its a kind of regeneration but with certain conditions..you can see it when i released it on the next version..ALSO MORE BATTLE ARENAS IN NEXT VERSION!!...

When I took a look at the terrains, the old ones seemed like " Oh.. what a terrain. It's child's play." But when I saw the new ones.. goodness! what an epic combination of tiles, doodads and other things! The heroes, nice ideas, genuine and lots of originality. 4/5 Though I haven't played it yet.

Level 6
I love it but the heals seem so broken especially with that item that boosts it I could literally just stand there taking hits and heal it all back up in one or two heals rofl 150/8 on my first try XD.

@Entropy I got that one too XD I guess it bugs out if you get too many kills without dying

Level 3
I really like the game! My brother and I played together against a set of 3 AI with only me and him, and it helped us actually understand the characters.

I like your shop feature and how you upgrade your item by buying it again, but I found a bug that I'm not sure if it's fixed or not. For the item that increases your ENDURANCE by +20 each time, the final one says 3 instead of Super. It confused me and I ended up wasting an additional 1200 gold on it :S

Overall, I think the AI is perfect. They use the shop system and every ability is executed perfectly. +1 !

Last edited:

Cokemonkey11

Code Reviewer
Level 29
I've tested your map. Before I talk about things I see as poor game design choices, I'd just like to say that I found this map to be quite good - on the level of 1000x better than I expected.

Now on to the not so fun part -

• Your terrain design leaves little to be desired. I only tested on the brown forrest, but it's essentially just a random scattering of doodads (for path blocking) with two walls in the center. As more of a programmer, I've always found terrain as being cumbersome and boring to make, but I want to instill in you the fact that good terrain design is an extension of good game design. If you want to make your game strategic, fun, and interesting, start with good terrain.
  • The extremely low cooldowns and free mana costs of all abilities leaves much to be desired. A perfect player could essentially spam ERTY constantly to be nearly unkillable without any skill. Force your players to make tactical choices by limiting their abilities. One could argue for increasing cooldowns, but in a high pace game with many respawns, I think reducing the number of abilities would be even better. Suggestion: Make the currently ERTY (dash, jump, heal, invuln) options of which players can only choose 2 of when the game starts. Promote the difference between dash and jump by making dash a target location ability and jump a disjointing (dodging) ability. I would additionally argue for the removal of basic attacks and stats. Don't get me wrong, you've done a clean and good job of implementing all of these things, I just don't see it as good design.
  • You should introduce some new game modes. A linear objective style game mode or a capture the flag game mode would be really fun in this, in my opinion. This will also give you a chance to show off unique ideas and well designed terrain.
  • Spawn locations are a huge problem. On the tiny map with 2v2 (the recommended number) of players, spawning on top of enemies happened very often. I suggest making your respawn algorithm (i) look for places with no enemies, (ii) increase the delay before respawn, (iii) potentially limit damage to players who have just respawned.
  • Grammar is always a big problem for map developers whose native language is not english. Your tooltips and descriptions are quite good, but you really must have a native speaker test things out for you. "Good Killer" sounds hilarious in English, and there's no way around that.

Over all, I think you have a very cleanly made map with great AI. You've "completed" many of the systems and features that a huge subset of games never hope to get. You have a game worth playing, and an impressive AI as well.

What you don't have is great game design sense, so I can't award this map 5*.

Suggestions: Add another non-trivial game mode. Improve terrain. Force players to make decisions.

Good luck!