1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Join Texturing Contest #30 now in a legendary battle of mythological creatures!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Aftermath has been revealed for the 19th Terraining Contest! Be sure to check out the Results and see what came out of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Melee Mapping Contest #3 - Results are out! Congratulate the winners and check plenty of new 4v4 melee maps designed for this competition!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The winners of our cinematic soundtrack competition have been decided! Step by the Music Contest #11 - Results to check the entries and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice

WoSA v1.3 AI

Submitted by neo_sluf
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
[​IMG]

War of Skills Accuracy

Version:1.3
AI:Available
Map Size:Large
Tileset:Cityscape
Players:6 vs 6 / FFA
Available Heroes:16 Heroes
Available Items:32 Items

D E V E L O P E R S

Neo_Sluf
(Main Developer,Terrainer,GUI Coder,Object Editor)

Furiion52
(Lead 2D Artist)

D E S C R I P T I O N

Although this map is a hero arena and uses Warcraft Resources still i added some features that makes it unique from other hero arena.

F E A T U R E S

- Choosable Battle Areas
- New Attribute System
- New Streak System
- No Mana Cost and Low Cooldown
- All Spells are TARGET POINT and NO TARGET type
- No EXP (+1 Level every killed hero)
- 1 sec. revive time
- Decent AI
- Spells don't cause memory leaks and 100% BUG FREE
- Uses ITEM UPGRADE SYSTEM

G A M E S Y S T E M

RESPAWN SYSTEM

- Every 0.05 seconds a trigger sets the RESPAWN POINT to the position of a random RESPAWN LOC UNIT in the area...
- If your hero dies, you will be automatically revive to the current RESPAWN POINT.
- So if your hero dies and the enemy's hero within the same time you will respawn both at the current RESPAWN POINT

HERO RANK SYSTEM

- No EXP is used in the game.I disable the Hero EXP Gained and the Unit EXP Gained
- So in order your hero to gain hero rank you need to kill an enemy hero
- Just like the leveling up,when you killed a hero you gain 1 Hero Point which you can spend to upgrade your 5 learnable skills

ITEM UPGRADE SYSTEM

- In order to upgrade an item buy it from the stores (PRESS F8/ OR CLICK THE STORE BUTTON AT THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THE SCREEN)
- Buying the item again and again will upgrade it changing its icon, increases its benefits and item ability
- You must know that when the item reaches SUPER Rank,it will stop upgrading
- So if you know that your item is at max rank STOP BUYING IT.

H E R O E S

- Uses Hero Rank instead of hero level
- Uses 4 Main Spells (DASH,JUMP,HEAL,DEFEND)
- Uses 3 Attribute Types (PHYSICAL,ENDURANCE,COMBAT)
- Some spells uses (COMBAT x SPELL COMBAT DAMAGE USAGE PERCENTAGE) damage system

FOR NEW PLAYERS

- So at the start of the game,if your the game captain you will view the following dialouges
- 1st:pvP Modes
- 2nd: FFA/Team Game Modes
- 3rd: Amount of Needed Kills
- 4th: CHOOSE BATTLE ARENA

- In choosing the battle arena, you must consider the amount of players you have in the game.
- Their are battle arenas suited for (5-8 Players) (2-4 Players) (7-12 Players).
- Next you will select your hero just open the HERO ABILITIES to see what skills they have.
- If you finally choosen it click the SELECT THIS HERO button.
- That's it! You may now start killing heroes!.
- To buy items PRESS F8 or click the STORE ICON on the bottom left of the screen.
- Remember the HOTKEYS are (Q, W, E, R, T, Y) .

SCREEN SHOTS

Ashen Forest

New
[​IMG]

Old
[​IMG]

Browngrass Forest

[​IMG]

Wetsnow Land

Old
[​IMG]

New
[​IMG]

City Labyrinth

[​IMG]

Great Ruin Islands

[​IMG]

16 Heroes

[​IMG]

In the Game

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Author's Note

- So this map is on its early version so dont expect with a 100% and no error free gameplay
- So if you will say that this map still lack features,don't worry i will add new features on the future versions
- To the reviewers mostly on the terrains, this map is a HERO ARENA so don't expect i will use IMPORTED TREES or other IMPORTED TEXTURES.Pls consider that you must prioritize that the TERRAIN must fit to the battle environment.But i promise i will make the terrain as good as i can.
- Don't worry i accept criticism and i would like to thank advance to those who will review.

C R E D I T S

bananaHUNT
CRAZYRUSSIAN
PeeKay
-BerZeKeR-
Mr.Goblin
M0rbid
Elainiel
Power
Peekay
Epsilon
WILLTHEALMIGHTY
JesusHipster
Nasrudin
bigapple90
I3lackDeath
Bakura Yuri
67chrome
Nudl9
Golden-Drake
bigapple90
Marenko
Darkfang
HappyTauren
UgoUgo
NFWar
Hossomi - Barbarian
Unbekannt - dynamic indexing
calex3 - Power Hook
-Kobas- - Item Level Up

C H A N G E L O G

Version 1.0 AI
- Released to the Public

Version 1.1 AI

- Balance all skills
- Change Wetsnow Land
- Improve the terrain of Ashen Forest
- Added -music 1,-music 2,-music 3

Version 1.2 AI

- Added information to INFORMATION [F9]
- Improve some text and add some colors on Game Interface
- Added new feature HERO INFO
- Added new feature BEGINNER'S TIPS for every hero
- All of them can be seen at the hero selection

Version 1.3 AI

- Added Anti-Stuck Up System
- Balance all hero spell damage
- Added Item Catergories and 8 new items
- Improve the Ashen Forest
- Added Hero Selection Timer

Keywords:
neo_sluf
Contents

WoSA v1.3 AI (Map)

Reviews
ORCNET"][img] [img] [img]Approved [img] - when DotA is not enoughWoSA (Version 1.1 + AI) Rate[c]Score[c]Percent[c]Letter [r][img][img][img][img][img][c]5/5[c]91-100[c]A Rate[c]Score[c]Percent[c]Letter...
  1. [img]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/images_all/icons/peonpower01.gif[/img] ORCNET
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    • Approved [​IMG]
      - when DotA is not enough
    • WoSA (Version 1.1 + AI)

Rate Score Percent Letter
      [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 5/5 91-100 A
      [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 4/5 81-90% B
      [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 3/5 75-80% C
      [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 2/5 70-74% D
      [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 1/5 50-69% F

Overview:

Gameplay

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

"War of Skills Accuracy" is a Hero Arena map that lets you brawl your way with skills and micro management.

"Game play feels a little complex but very challenging with the use of hot keys as a center point, the game can quite be difficult when too much spell spams is going on around the map, looks to me the hero 'Exploder' is too strong I recommend nuke his abilities for he's abilities deals too much damage when in mid games especially some heroes who also has strong abilities please loosen them up a bit, and is it me or every hero has same model and ability based on the infamous wc3 game 'DotA'? but anyways this is a hero-to-hero straight forward fight than building items and training your hero, all is well good with friends or online gaming."

Terrain

"You don't get 1 Terrain ground to unleash out your skills but 4 more when picking a good place to test your mettle, which reminded me of arcade games, good job with that this way it doesn't make the map repetitive from its environment."

Management

"Overall, game is great and can be useful to play with multiple players, but I had some suggestions to improve your scoreboard, when a player reaches a high score move the player's name from going top the scoreboard like what top score games do, also give the map some noise since its a total brawl in-game like sound streaks and stuff, all else this is good game play."

Total Score:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 10/15 83% B
    • [​IMG] Orcnet
      - has reviewed version 1.1 AI
      [​IMG] APproject
      - has reviewed version 1.2 AI
      [​IMG] Destiny.Knight
      [​IMG] Hell Master

2. Lenura

Lenura

Resources:
    Resources:
    really well done map, +1 from me!
    what i didn't like is that you kind of die in a few seconds even if you manage to get used to dash etc to dodge, also most of the heroes kinda got taken over from a certain game, not that i mind but some more creativity wouldve been nice ^.^ .

the pudge hero seems to be kind of op to me, i can oneshot people with him.

3. neo_sluf

neo_sluf

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    OK....SO ABOUT THE DASH.....I will explain it on the map description....but heres the explanation...

DASH....only moves you to a point but can't pass through any pathing blocker...NOTE: Only moves you to a point not make you invulrenable so if someone cast the following on you (MACROPYRE,BLIZZARD COLD,PYROSOUL,OR EVEN SPIKEWAVE (almost all spell).... they will deal damage...

Because there is a 0.05 seconds split time before you take a damage and casting a dash would need a 0.03 seconds..so if you cast DASH after 1.0 OR 0.70 seconds after hit by a projectile or effect there is a chance that damage will hit you within 0.10 seconds so you will still be damage..

ABOUT THE SKILLS.....pls. dont tell me that some heroes are behind....if you know how to use them then you will win...

FOR EXAMPLE....EXPLODER is a hero needs to wait for the bombs to occure so if you dont know how to predict or even to estimate a distance from the target you gonna never kill a hero...

JUST ALWAYS PRACTICE THAT HERO and see how good it is...

THANKS FOR THE REVIEW...!!!+REP

4. Legendary

Legendary

Resources:
    Resources:
    well yeah Everything is perfect but the skills its too strong.. I have tried the wisp and its too strong for Us to battle with it i suggest lower the wisps skills damage a little

5. neo_sluf

neo_sluf

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    No...all the damage is enough....i will just increase the HP and reduce the Spell Damage done to Hero Armor from 1.5-1.0...but if it is really an imbalance i will reduce...

6. Legendary

Legendary

Resources:
    Resources:
    Really i tried it with my friends it is really really fun though Skills are incredible and amusing we play on Free For all

7. Legendary

Legendary

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sorry i forgot to mention about the respawn of the hero if we both die we will respawn in the same place

8. neo_sluf

neo_sluf

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    - Every 0.05 seconds a trigger sets the RESPAWN POINT to the position of a random RESPAWN LOC UNIT in the area...
    - If your hero dies, you will be automatically revive to the current RESPAWN POINT.
    - So if your hero dies and the enemy's hero within the same time you will respawn both at the current RESPAWN POINT

9. Legendary

Legendary

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ow so thats just okay?

10. neo_sluf

neo_sluf

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yes...thats ok...JUMP AWAY FAST...so you won't die again..

11. Legendary

Legendary

Resources:
    Resources:
    Game so Addicting Hehe nice

12. Lenura

Lenura

Resources:
    Resources:
    perhaps add a few maps later on with less trees (more openfield), more like an arena? would be a nice change instead of playing with almost no vision :3

13. neo_sluf

neo_sluf

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    If you want that kind of arena try BATTLE ARENA: CITY LABYRINTH

See SCREENSHOTS so you can see that arena..

14. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The ashen and snow arena, improved a little bit, its unacceptable to my taste but I think its fine to others.

For the Ashen Forest, you still don't know how to use the doodads consistently, I mean you can spam those shrubs, flowers others but still making it neat, instead of spamming them and putting them away each other, try to spam them cramp them on one place. Use the rock more often since it have a magic of making the terrain neat.

For the wetsnow, please don't use that ugly tiles, i mean there are better tiles that you can use other than that.

15. Legendary

Legendary

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hehe will yeah it is acceptable and i think terrains in fighting arena is not that much of a problem because the action that counts that;s in my case :grin:

16. Orcnet

Orcnet

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    map approved, good luck with the updates :)

17. Justicebringer

Justicebringer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    That.

And dont use regular blizzard cliffs,wc3 trees becouse they are ugly as hell!

18. Orcnet

Orcnet

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    depends on how you apply it :)

19. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Blizz cliffs is fine, actually it can also looks good, it really just depend on how you use it.

About the trees, the only default tree that I love is the village(fall) tree.