• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Worst virus ever released, april the 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi everyone, i dont know if this is true or anything but, i'd like to warn everyone of the release of the new Conficker C Virus, coming April 1st.

Many sites recommend you to turn of internet connection and PC the whole day.

''Conficker first bubbled up in late 2008 and began making headlines in January as known infections topped 9 million computers.''

Read About It

Wanna read more serious?

If you get infected by this virus, it will steal everything important from you pc, and probably destroy it. But still not sure.

To prevent this! Make sure your PC is completely clean of virus! Even the slightest virus could ruin it all. If you're not sure about you have any virus or not, please follow my top advice.

Level 3
no...

What is happening today is that the Conficker.C worm, which has infected a lot of computers and is notoriously hard to remove for people who know their way around computers (nevermind the general populace, they won't even try to remove it as long as it allows them to get on the internet :thumbs_down: ), is going to go though an update which will improve its peer-2-peer network and spamming capabilities.

Conficker.C is updating itself and becoming Conficker.D today. The only real reason to panic is that it is a huge botnet and might accidently DDoS some servers in the update process. No reason to worry, unless you are already infected.

Then again, if you were infected and weren't worried already (meh, mah internetz still wurks so wut) you won't notice the update you evil evil lazy person you. Your computer is just learning to be a better spam zombie.

Level 3
Uh-huh. Really now.

You tend to see how these sorts of people think once you're a programmer yourself. The drama this sort of thing causes is hilarious.

:xxd:

I don't know whether that Uh-huh. Really now. is supposed to be condescending or not. I probably got a detail or two wrong.

The drama is annoying to me. I guess it would be funny if I owned a chunk of that botnet. :wink: But I don't, and I guess I am feeling empathy for certain friends who will be dealing with the new improved zombies at work after the update.

Arafor said:
Well what do you look for when there is a super-virus?
Hmmm... the recent trend has been CLICK THIS LINK TO DOWNLOAD ANTIVIRUS 2009!!!! DELETES CONFICKEER!!!!! YOUR COMPUTER MAY BE INFECTED1111 CLICK NOW!!!!!!!!!!

Don't download unfamiliar antiviruses, chat bots, map hacks, computer games, smileys to improve your IMs, birthday cards, etc.

Well what do you look for when there is a super-virus?
Other people bawwing about how they got it because they were an idiot :p

The drama is annoying to me. I guess it would be funny if I owned a chunk of that botnet. :wink: But I don't, and I guess I am feeling empathy for certain friends who will be dealing with the new improved zombies at work after the update.

Except viruses don't just "suddenly appear". They have to be downloaded from somewhere, usually from either other people or high-traffic program-hosting sites. Like I said, if you know what you're doing then you'll be just fine.

Level 3
Except viruses don't just "suddenly appear". They have to be downloaded from somewhere, usually from either other people or high-traffic program-hosting sites. Like I said, if you know what you're doing then you'll be just fine.

Oops, I should have just said improved zombies, not new improved zombies.

Poor zombie slayers....

LOL, java update isn't it, you silly. That update was just a unfortunate coincidence :hohum:

Level 2
I got myself Rick Roll'd

I reckon its the worm virus as it passed Norton and Firefox. A music video and floaty heads... yeah FIENDISH!!! Then I sung along to it as I tried to change the page...

I probably should be getting the hell off the internet... but I'm feeling lucky. This is Zedralan suspended by a rope bridge at the top of the Virus volcano, signing out.

-Zedralan... or a virus incarnate?

P.S.: The hive wasn't responsible... I don't think its a download... I opened a web page...

Level 18
Hm, spreading a virus with everyone just saying it's an April Fool's joke would be quite a good idea. :p (not that I am saying this virus isn't a joke)

it is 10 38. quit past the announceed time. no matter what bloody time zone it is, it is past the doomstime. all i have is that i cant update to latest windows patch. latest i updated is 4 days ago so i am fine. i am sure that MS fucked it up on their side.

and no the virus is not released on today. it has already been released and has infected 1.6 million coms already.
what the countdown means that all the infected coms will receive a command from the main com on this day at a certain time.
it is supposed that all the infected coms will join into a massive network and create a botnet.
what the command is, nobody knows it seems. the botnet will have massive processing power and so forth so it could be some sort of super hacking machine

my friend's mcafee has been raped by confliker C and it basically has taken over every other security measures. he will leave the com on for the whole day and will see what the virus will do. my IT teacher is excited to see what the virus will do. he is such a rebel^_^

if you see anything, just pull your internet cords out. simple

Level 27
To check whether you have it or not, try going to the sites of anti-virus programs. From what I heard conficker blocks 'em.

lol, now you telling me that. I might actually believe my old PC had conficker =/

I remember going to site's that provide such things and i got automatically thrown back to google or something.

Mh... where did it go? Oh yeah i sold it :D

Level 2
Mmm,
Conficker virus isn't high threat, and you'll probably only get it if you're an idiot...
The only reason it made the news, was because it was announced that its out there..
Has anyone ever announced a virus before? Noooo, but they're out there, much
worse then conficker, but anyway. So I was looking at this site right?
and the link was like "CLICK HER FOR FREE ANTIVIRUS!! REMOVES CONFICKER!!!"
So I clicked it cause I wanted to see if i had it. AND BAM! I was like damn
anyway so Im a zombie now its pretty fun.

Level 34
Wiki says...
Reverse psychology is a persuasion technique involving the false advocacy of a belief or behavior contrary to the belief or behavior which is actually being advocated. This technique relies on the psychological phenomenon of reactance, in which a person has a negative emotional response in reaction to being persuaded, and thus chooses the option which is being advocated against.

Although that may not have any links with the virus. People say there is a virus, making them want to turn off their computer. But yesterday it was AFD, making people think it's a joke and think the virus is a fake. This 'fake' virus could be 'real'.

Level 5
Why go hack into a million computers? Why not just get a few really nice ones and then hack into the bank to pay them off?

Status
Not open for further replies.