• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WorpeX Arena 2 v.95c

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Narrat0r
Ladies and Gentlemen! Get ready for the most intense gladiator matches in history! 8 of the worlds best warriors have come today to bring to you the most thrilling single elimination tournament ever!

Come to cheer on your favorite contestants, wager money on the winners, or enter your own hero into the fray! Features a fully customizable hero creation system. Enter your creation in the tournament to compete against friends or the house AI!

Meet the House Gladiators:

infernal.gif
Crusha

Not your average infernal. He is more like an experiment gone wrong, as scientists attempted to create a powerful loyal creature that would fight wars for them. They got half of him correct. Minutes after he was created he slew the scientists that brought him life. So much for loyalty.

-Melee-
Abilities: Immolation / Firebolt
Attack Type: Normal
Armor Type: Heavy
Primary Attribute: Strength

Makrura-Deepseer.jpg
Bluu

Bluu is a very shy creature, and reveals very little about himself. However, we do know that he is the leader of a makrura tribe not far from this very arena. From what we understand, he is here hoping to raise money for the tribe so they can have their annual dance off.

-Melee-
Abilities: Summon Prawn / Entangle
Attack Type: Magic
Armor Type: Medium
Primary Attribute: Intelligence

Read about the other 7 Gladiators back story and arena information in the Quest's menu of the game!

wa1.png

wa2.png

wa3.png

Keywords:
Arena
Contents

WorpeX Arena 2 v.95c (Map)

Reviews
10:48, 28th Jun 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Rejected Comment
Level 7
Oh, I shoulda mentioned that. I didn't want to write them all out cause that would have taken up a lot of space. There are 9 'House' Gladiators in total (Including the two in the description). They are really just there to take the place of empty spots in the game so you can play with as many or as little real people as possible and still have a 8 person tournament!

Edit: Added Screenies!

Last edited:
Level 4
OK, i tested it. *sigh* There's a lot to tell. And you ain't gonna be pleased.

Terrain: I didn't play the original dating way back from 2006, but I don't think that the terrain differs in this one too much from it. Blizzard cliffs, randomly placed NPC's, cheap tilework, e.t.c. I know it's supposed to have a gladiator-style feeling, but without a single custom doodad, it just can't. Dated and unoriginal, terrain gets 1/5.

Gameplay: As I said, I haven't played the first one. And as I also said, I don't think this one differs much from it. The hero selection is nice - except that they (almost) all use default Warcraft 3 models. Then, the spell selection - this is where the map stopped in place. All spells, and I mean every single one of them, is also a preset WC3 spell, just enabled to be bought. Also, the fact that you can buy a little puny mage spells such as War Stomp and Thunder Clap is just... silly. There should be separate sections for STR, AGI, and INT heroes. OK, then goes the betting. This is a nice aspect - it's like a competition within a competition; while gladiators fight, humans race to who will be the gambler that gambled the most money. While not very varied, this is a nice addition to the map. And then... the fights. The dull, uninspired, 30-second fights.
1. Heroes have insanely low, or insanely high HP. Tome buying should be removed and heroes should all start with much more health and mana.
2. The option that you can buy only 2 spells, and if you didn't buy INT tomes, use only one in the battle, is absurd. As I said, add more HP and MP to the heroes and enable buying more spells.
3. I killed Jeff the janitor.
With gambling and the slight "hero creation", gameplay gets a pitiful 2/5.

Packaging: Ermm... OK, you added screens, good. But the description could have more content on gameplay and hero information. The loading screen from WC3? Derp derp. Packaging gets 2.5/5.

Overall rating: 2/5, no +rep. I am really, REALLY dissapionted. This could've been soooo much better, if it wasn't an equivalent of a 2006 map. As a sequel, you shoul've tried waaaay harder to improve it.

Level 7
Thanks for the review, but as you said, its the equivalent of a 2006 map... and there is a reason for that. I made this version back in early 2008, i just never uploaded it until now. I stopped playing WC3 almost a year ago now. :(

Sorry that your looking for Custom work, you wont really find that here or in any of my maps really. I only made them for fun, not to try and make something completely new and original.

Level 20
I just quickly tested it in Single Player because it wasnt protected and I would like to point out that you should use either "|n" or "Ctrl + Enter" when you want to start a new row in a tooltip.

In your way, spamming spaces, it ofcourse works to all with the same aspect ratio but in my widescreen all rows get messed up.

So I did not test it in Multiplayer, but I think that tomes and the freedom to choose your abilities leave hardly any balance to the game...

Level 7
Ya, I understand. ^^ I would have loved to have done more work on it but I don't think I ever will since everyone I played with in the past has moved on to other games. I also can't keep up with the map making community now, they are all just so much better than I am and expect a lot more from me than I can do. :(

Edit: @Super-Sheep: Ah! That's how you do that! I've always wondered. Thanks for the tip!

Level 2
Level 22
OK, i tested it. *sigh* There's a lot to tell. And you ain't gonna be pleased.

Terrain: I didn't play the original dating way back from 2006, but I don't think that the terrain differs in this one too much from it. Blizzard cliffs, randomly placed NPC's, cheap tilework, e.t.c. I know it's supposed to have a gladiator-style feeling, but without a single custom doodad, it just can't. Dated and unoriginal, terrain gets 1/5.

Gameplay: As I said, I haven't played the first one. And as I also said, I don't think this one differs much from it. The hero selection is nice - except that they (almost) all use default Warcraft 3 models. Then, the spell selection - this is where the map stopped in place. All spells, and I mean every single one of them, is also a preset WC3 spell, just enabled to be bought. Also, the fact that you can buy a little puny mage spells such as War Stomp and Thunder Clap is just... silly. There should be separate sections for STR, AGI, and INT heroes. OK, then goes the betting. This is a nice aspect - it's like a competition within a competition; while gladiators fight, humans race to who will be the gambler that gambled the most money. While not very varied, this is a nice addition to the map. And then... the fights. The dull, uninspired, 30-second fights.
1. Heroes have insanely low, or insanely high HP. Tome buying should be removed and heroes should all start with much more health and mana.
2. The option that you can buy only 2 spells, and if you didn't buy INT tomes, use only one in the battle, is absurd. As I said, add more HP and MP to the heroes and enable buying more spells.
3. I killed Jeff the janitor.
With gambling and the slight "hero creation", gameplay gets a pitiful 2/5.

Packaging: Ermm... OK, you added screens, good. But the description could have more content on gameplay and hero information. The loading screen from WC3? Derp derp. Packaging gets 2.5/5.

Overall rating: 2/5, no +rep. I am really, REALLY dissapionted. This could've been soooo much better, if it wasn't an equivalent of a 2006 map. As a sequel, you shoul've tried waaaay harder to improve it.

Review Marked.

Rating: 2/5
Vote for:
Rejected

Level 7
looool. Rejected because there isn't any custom doodads in the map and because one guy didn't like it? There is no reason for this to be rejected. The map works as intended, if you don't like it don't download it. I enjoy it, I enjoyed making and i'm proud of it.

Level 4
Aren't you a bit... late?
Also, it's not only because there aren't any custom doodads, the map was severely lacking overall. You can see all the stated reasons in the review. And it's not because one guy didn't like it, the moderators judge the quality of the map and decide if it's good enough for approval, which in this case it wasn't. Yes, the map works, but it doesn't measure up to the standards of quality maps that are good enough for an approval.
We're not telling you to stop mapping, we support everyone, and we'll support people even more if they offer quality resources. :)