• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

War of The Farmers V.95c

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is a beta map. It is not finished and needs MAJOR item changes.
Needs many more heroes.

Credits:
  • Brett - Terrian
  • Drenferalis - Triggers/Heros/Objects/Towers/Creator.
  • Arthas Model - General Frank

This game was inspired by:
  • Footman Frenzy
  • Castle Fight
  • DOTA
  • Hero Line Wars

You start getting to pick a side.
When the game starts you can pick 1 hero.
You then need to build spawn buildings or towers with your builder while defending your base or trying to defeat the enemies base!
You have to buy hero abilities.
You can buy hero attributes, or wait the many levels to gain them individually.

There are certain events in a game that will help keep the game fair.
If you decide that your not going to build creep spawns you will become diseased.
Disease will remove 3HP from your hero and 10 gold every second.
The only way to be cured of disease is to start building a spawn.
If you want to add attributes to your hero you can buy them from a shop.
All spawns give you the ability to research better weapons and armor for your ENTIRE team.
Some items give area of effect buffs to your units that could be very helpful in the battlefield.

If you wish to create a hero for this map then please send me a PM with the hero, Hero must:
Have a cost of 0 (Gold, Food, Lumber).
Have low starting attributes. (Attributes total not more than 6)
Must be balanced.
Must have no skills.
Attribute gains are .15 per level for sub attributes and .25 for main attribute.

Change Log

Add items/recipe system.
Add screenshots.
Add more abilities/heroes.

-Fixed Item Resell
-Added Drake O' Flame (Hero)
-Added Captain (Hero)
-Added Fireball/Firebolt (Spell)

-Fixed Deaths (AGAIN! WORKS THIS TIME!)
-Fixed some spells
-Fixed Hero Spawn
-Fixed Research Glitch

Fixed item system to determine if the item being "sold" was a spell. Thus removing the infinite gold glitch and allowing users to purchase other items.

-Fixed Multiboard Deaths/Killstreaks
-Fixed Drake O' Dark's Flying
-Leveling works again.
-SPELLS HAVE BEEN ADDED!
-Gold per kill increased 20.
-Hero Revives have been shortened.
-Fixed Defense Tooltip
-Fixed player colors for players 9 and 10

-Complete Hero Redo
-Added Disease
-Changed Hero Concept
-Added Multiboard
-Added Killstreaks
-Added New Hero

-Complete Unit Redo
-Added Upgrades
-Changed Towers Layout
-Changed Heros Attacks (Cannot Attack Structures)
-Added Hero Killer Tower
-Switched Abomination and Necromancer in Undead Tier

Want to help with this map?
Look for my topic on the forums!

Keywords:
DOTA, Footies, Footys, HLW, Hero Line Wars, AOS, TD, Tower Defense, WTF, War, of, The, Farmers, fun
Contents

War of The Farmers V.95c (Map)

Reviews
14:05, 6th Jan 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected (until updated) Read Krisserz's comment (post #11).23:16, 8th Feb 2011 -Kobas-: Map Status: Rejected Map wasn't updated for a month after warning!

M

14:05, 6th Jan 2010
ap0calypse: Rejected (until updated)

Read Krisserz's comment (post #11).
23:16, 8th Feb 2011
-Kobas-:
Map Status: Rejected
Map wasn't updated for a month after warning!

Level 4
o_O The Idea behind the hole thing is good, but as it is now it's realy bad.
The hero can't go over level 1 and they don't have any spells.

Level 6
Only One Type and One Category can be use so fix that first... Use the map update button to Fix this.

Description is good enough but not that excellent...

The File name is....... WTFv.85..... Ok i get it, or at least make its name WoTF v.85... :p

I cant Test the map for now because i'm too busy for the other maps. So i'm just reviewing it from the Map and Description preview...

Level 4
o_O The Idea behind the hole thing is good, but as it is now it's realy bad.
The hero can't go over level 1 and they don't have any spells.

Heroes will soon be able to level again and when spells are balanced to the playing field they will be added as well. If you have any ideas pop by the project recruitment forum and let me know ^^.

Only One Type and One Category can be use so fix that first... Use the map update button to Fix this.

Description is good enough but not that excellent...

The File name is....... WTFv.85..... Ok i get it, or at least make its name WoTF v.85... :p

I cant Test the map for now because i'm too busy for the other maps. So i'm just reviewing it from the Map and Description preview...

Just to clarify it says to pick more than 1 Type or Category hold down CTRL and pick them... Are you SURE?

I understand being busy, so thank you.

The name is designed that way, its to present a "pun". If this breaks HW rules than I will change it :p.

And for some reason spoiler tags aren't working in the description.
So its hard to add more to it AND be organized.
Figured out that is was HIDDEN and not SPOILER. Fixed description.

Thanks guys for the comments.
-Drenferalis

Last edited:
Level 6
Just to clarify it says to pick more than 1 Type or Category hold down CTRL and pick them... Are you SURE?

You can ask someone here in Hive that is more that 2 years here and ask him if the One Category and One Type is only allowed... I'm confused with that because they say that you only need one Category and Type, but the "Upload Screen" says that you can pick any that you want...

The name is designed that way, its to present a "pun". If this breaks HW rules than I will change it :p.

No, it didn't break any Rules... I'm just annoyed by the name, just don't mind me i'm a little bit "drunk"(just joking :p)

Level 18
All the tootltips are really bad. The terrain is really bad too. I small a little bit imbalance there. Items are nothing special. The buildings are lacking aswell. It lacks interesting gameplay.

I vote 1/5 and for rejection. It needs huge improvements.

Level 4
well.
This really is something i enjoyed :)
But there are some unbalances you should fix:
-The Creeps in the middle are way too strong
-The Attackupgrade doesn't work
-You should remove the basetile of all spawn buildings, cause they look strange.

i will give you +REP if you have done that .P

The attack upgrade works, but does not effect heroes. Is this what you are talking about?
What do you mean the creeps in the middle are way too strong? The upgrades?
Basetile will be fixed soon, thank you for the bugs!

All the tootltips are really bad. The terrain is really bad too. I small a little bit imbalance there. Items are nothing special. The buildings are lacking aswell. It lacks interesting gameplay.

I vote 1/5 and for rejection. It needs huge improvements.

Tooltips aren't my biggest concern right now, game play is.

Terrain will have to be redone, the person who did my terrain did it half fast and isn't going to be receiving credit after its fixed...

What is imbalanced? Please give me details...

Take a look at the upcoming features in the map description, items haven't been started yet!

Again, what are the buildings lacking? I need details or I cant do jack...

How does it lack interesting gameplay? Yet again your lack of details really makes your review REALLY bad.

If your going to give such a low score on a review you should at least give a little detail... The person making the map will have no idea what your talking about and have nowhere to start improving. Next time you give me such a low review can you please give me some more information?

Thank you anyways for the review, although the lack of detail provided me with no support and was just detrimental to the idea of even continuing this map.