• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Worlds Collide Competitive RTS Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello Folks,

Actually I started a Warcraft III - TFT Map Project, which is just a too big and too complexe to handle it by myself.

The Name of the Map is "Worlds Collide", like in the title... and its going to be a 3v3v3v3 map!
Download: Worlds Collide.w3x

Concept:
  • Actually working on 11+ playable races with AI-support (e.g. Highelves, a new interpretation of Humans, Orcs, the scourge of the Undead, the Burning Legion, Treefolk, The Goblin Conglomerate...and much more)
  • Each race will become a special playstyle, so forget about the normal Warcraft III gameplay and imagine each race is more different than the others (e.g. Goblins will get a Hero with an economy-boost-aura/buff, which allows ur units to gather faster, or carry more)
  • There will be more than just 4 max. heros to choose between, per race...and maybe some neutral heros too!
  • I wanna Design the Map with additional envoiremental Events, like killable Unique Creepcamps, which drop artifacts, which are part of a unique set (6 unique artifacts in total (or maybe there is a chance of dropping 1 of 3/4/5 artifacts per Boss, depending on the the race, which was involved in battle))
  • Im actually working on a system, where exists 2 great neutral citys, which attack, in a periodic event, the best player/team (in relation to global kills, and economy). (the 2 bases are a deamon-kind and a human-kind neutral race). They will only attack their counterpart (evil/good)
  • Planned also to include some questlines, for getting a better equipment to your hero (and maybe combine the quests with the uniqe creepcamps, so you have to follow the quest to get the most value)
  • Actually have created a system with capturable Sawmills, which generates resources over time...and i want to develope a system where your able to Upgrade these outposts. (these Objectives are recaptureable by other players, once you captured it)
  • A simple but time efficient trade system, where you can exchange resources on different locations for different prices
  • neutral shops with global and for everybody availiable artifacts and consumables
And much more!

so if you are interested in, I would realy appreciate your help lads!

I am searching for:
  • Mapdesigner (i did a lot by myself, but im better at having great ideas :p)
  • Abilitydesigner
  • Programmer
  • People who are interested in testing and helping to balance the units and so on... :D
(a first Mapconcept done with paint...i know...but at least it helps to understand my intentions):
Schaut euch mal dieses Bild an!
Legend:
  • X - Player position
  • V - Village with included Questlines (Q)
  • B - Uniqe Bosscamp
  • L - Sawmill
  • O - Goldmine
  • S - Neutral shop
Remember its just a concept. forget about the arrows, they just show routes and what i have to change... e.g. mountains, land, or rivers!

If there are ANY questions i will surely answer them, and i hope i can get at least some help... i think this concept is goin to be a nice future with hard work!

Stay tuned lads!

Last edited:
Level 2
Sure! :)

mav77i5k.png

Level 5
You want the sawmill to upgrade when the player pay it after taking control of it or do you want it to upgrade after some time where it have not been stolen(or yet one other option)?
Do you want the sawmill to lose all its upgrade when it change owner?
If I have some specifics I might make a system.

Level 2
The best would be a system, where the controlling player is able to upgrade the sawmill in exchange for ressources.
when an opponent capture the sawmill, it will get downgraded (not completly...just 1 or 2 lvls)

Level 5
Here is a map with a lumbermill system.
Use whatever you want for allegiance switch or for upgrade conditions or for the types of the lumber mills and their incomes.
This system can dynamically add and remove lumbermills.

Attachments

• windmill.w3x
    21.1 KB · Views: 96
Level 2
Sry for the late answer mate.... i had a lot to do for university in the last days :/
i looked at it, but did not implement it yet....i will do so very soon!
thx for your awesome help, i real appreciate your effort! :)
if you rinterested in doin more for me, that would be awesome too :D

Level 2
Hey there guys!
Yes I am still looking for staff members to join me!

Here is a first impression of my map (actual playable race High Elves).
take a look and enjoy ;)
Worlds Collide.w3x

Status
Not open for further replies.