• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Downshit - Competitive RTS Mod - need experienced editor-operator(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Downshift - Competitive RTS Mod - need experienced editor-operator(s)

Hi!
I recently designed the first concept for a WC3(tft)-mod called Downshift.
Downshift is no funmap, it attempts to be a competitve, strategically deep mod that is really easy to learn and understand but hard to master. (unlike most known RTSes that are hard to truly learn and also hard to master)

Downshift doesn't require any additional graphics, it can use given assets from the editor, so I just need an experienced editor-user who I can work with.
I myself am not really good at using wc3edit and I think that I need someone rather experienced who can judge what is possible to pull off and what not. (and who can also realize that, of course)
The mod doesn't need any crazy cutscene-/trigger-/camera-work so... well... I consider it being less time-consuming to build for good editor-operators. (unlike... say... big RPG-maps)

I wrote down basic explanations and concepts (and the basic practical concepts for a first alpha version) into a design document (v0.1). You can read it here if you are interested in the project/ want to know what it is really about:
http://www.archive.org/download/DownshiftDesignDocumentV0.1/DownshiftDdv0.1.pdf

My job in the project would of course be the design work: writing pages over pages of design-documents, tables, spread-sheets and what else can assist the editor-operator in building the mod. Wondering how to get the game balanced, organizing playtesting and all that.I'm not some guy wanting to surpress hard working editor-operators. :grin:
I would of course also be open for any discussion with my team-member(s) if they have ideas concerning the design, balancing and so on!
I really want to make this a team-thing. :D

So... I hope you guys are interested and the production can start soon. :) I really anticipate playing the mod myself, to be honest. :grin:

Happy New Year, BaronCid

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.