• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Worldmap & Miscellaneous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 51
Just some pencil/pen/photoshop shennenigans for a book-project I'm working on. Nothing too fancy but I'm still kinda proud of it. Note that the quality has been toned done extremly to make it uploadable. Also, everything is in German (a few descriptions below for those who are interested) so this is kind of like a mixture of worldbuilding and concept-art showing ^-^

Auuren2.JPG

Pergament showing an overview of the 'Auuren' (I guess, Auurs? in english), which kind of are the Gods of my world. Every Auur of the first and second circle represent a crucial aspect of life. The first four, called the 'Auroren' (Aurors) represent Life, Death, Knowledge and the Void. They are the most powerful among the Auurs.

The second circle, the 'Theoren' (Theors) represents more indepth attributes, such as Chaos, Love, Light, Night (Darkness), Wisdom, Virtue, Pain and Fury. They are very powerfull too, but lack in comparsion to the Aurors.

The third circle, the 'Nuraphen' do not represent any aspect or characteristic of life, but are merely offsprings of the second circle. They are not necessarily their servants but still act kind of like them. There is a great power in them too, but they are like ants to the Aurors for example.

Note that the overview is built just as the Auurs live, in Dualism. Every Auur has a counterpart which he faces on the other side of the circle, his other side. Light faces the Night, Love faces Death, Wisdom faces Chaos and so on. There's also a equal number of women and men, if they could even be classified in genders.

MAp.JPG

Second piece is a drawing of the world in which my story takes place and where the Auurs ruled/lived before their fall. The whole story takes place in a time sligthly after like the Middle Ages (just a comparison). Technology has not really evolved, but there is nothing that stops them from making progess. The slightly blue coloured area is the Empire ruled by the God-Empress. It features every kind of landscape you can imagine.

Rateniswald is a dark, cold place with mountains, pine forests and stony roads. Ravens grace their banners, as the lands are the homes of gigantic ravens who are sometimes hostile, sometimes friend to the Ratenians. They are also the most important supplier of iron and other minerals, which they gather in their deep mines in the mountains.

Pessos is kind of like a desert like area but has also its green lands. Pessos and Akatash share the same apperance, having dry and earie landscapes right next to lush and green oases. Especially Pessos is famous for their amazingly resistant and at the same time fast ships, which they use to supply the Empire with all of their exotic wonders they have to share.

Lymbuna is most easily compared with Italy. A relativly moderate climate in the north, with wide feels of corn and wheat and lush forests, the more south you go, the warmer it gets and corn and wheat switch place with olives and wine.

Ostwald is comparable to Rateniswald, only that the temperature in Ostwald is much warmer and the mountains are much higher and dangerous. They are not of any valuable rock-type though, so there is notreasure to be made of them. They still are famous for their gigantic blacksmiths they have carved into the mountains they call their homes and they are known for being fearless hunters and adventurers.

Typical for Durbon are their huge Lakes. Hand in hand with that comes; fishery. But not only sweet-water fish. They also use the enormous river that connects the 'Sturmsee' (Stormsea) in the north with the lake in the center of the continent to travel north and hunt whales and other large creatures there.

Latovien itself has a similar landscape to Lymbunas North. Relativly moderate climate allows lush forests to grow as well as wide and open fields to florish. Even though it is slightly colder then in Lymbuna, it is still warmer then in Durbon or Rateniswald. They are famous for their very fine clothes and a somewhat balky and bullish temper.

The Widdermark is a land covered in wide grasslands sprinkled with hills and rocky areas. Their huge and agile horses roam the wilds and as their banner-animals they are known for their knights and riders as well as their fierceness and their cunning.

The blue 'Eye' in the middle is Astalon, the capital city of the Empire where the God-Empress resides and rules. It's an ancient city of the Auurs, located on a big island which is on an even bigger lake. Ever since the God-Empress has taken the reigns, the city has expanded enourmously. Four large bridges span on the north-west, north-east, south-west and south-east over the lake, connecting it to nearly every country there is in the Empire.

On the left side there is Lokistan. Although not directly under the God-Empress' rule, it still uses its big and epic golden city Duplikai to make trade with the Empire. Lokistan is filled with big mountains and neverending jungles and forests inbetween. Lush and sandy beaches are on its outlines and many native tribes inhabite the unexplored regions.

The region connecting the 'Reich der Tausend Pforten' (Realm of the thousand Gates) to Lokistan is just plain and deadly desert.

The Realm of the thousand Gates is more interesting though. Seemingly unhabited, many explorations have shown that somebody or somewhat has lived there. It got it's name from it's strange rock formations which can be found everywhere in the desert, looking like huge portals. Even a city could be located, but not much is known of it. Not many have seen the 'Stadt der Säulen' (City of Collumns) and the ones that were there, did not talk much about it, if they survived what endangered them there.

Deep on the bottom is an unexplored landmass, which the Empire is aware of, but could not yet set foot on, though to extreme weather conditions on the 'Münzmeer' (Sea of Coins) making any form of travelling there impossible.

Way up in the north is 'Gundheim', a nearly forgotten islands which is said to be inhabited by strange and crazy folks. It is said that only men with long and grey beards lived there, together with bears and all other sorts of animals. Nobody could really ever prove it, and as it is a worthless junk of rock, the Empire has not made any effort to gain a foothold there, although strategically interesting in the case of a war with Lokistan.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Okay this has gotten a bit out of hand ^^ Went from: hey look some kinda art I made to: let me show you my world I created. But eh, why not. Tell me what you think :) The book is already in progress and I plan to stay at home this year, work part-time and write on it before going to university.

Status
Not open for further replies.