• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World War III: Global Conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
"If we do not end war, war will end us."
H. G. Wells

WORLD WAR III : GLOBAL CONFLICT
A ultimate strategy map

Q. What is World War III, Global Conflict. What makes it different from other World War III maps?

A. World War III, Global Conflict is a war in a fictional, near-future world, Causing massive destruction. Details of events leading to war will be included both in the map and explained in details here.

The main goal for me is to make a entertaining, high-quality map. I hope the map will stand out from other countless world war 3 maps by adding extra qualities to little things from units to terrain.

Q. What kind of game play will the map feature?

A. The map will be one of these risk styled maps. Each faction starts in certain parts of the world with certain amount of units. You seek to achieve global domination by making a good use of your units, keeping your economy alive, and making right decisions at the right time.

One of the big factor of the map is the missile system I have seen in Ham Ham's Nuclear Sunrise map. From your naval ship or missile silo, you can spend certain amount of cash for a missile. With the missile you have bought, you can "fire" the missile at certain area. The missile will travel by air, and when it reaches it's destination, it will explode. The cost of missile will depend on it's range and fire power.

Q. How much is the project finished?

A. 0% for now it's just a idea.

Q. When are you planning to start working on it?

A. I'm not sure. I don't think I have enough guts to promise that the project will be finished. I believe that if I start the map in starcraft II, I will have more success.

Q. So what exactly do you want us to do in this thread? Leave it to rot?

A. I was expecting ideas for the map. Helping to curve out the stories a little and stuff.

Year 2013 February-March: Middle East Coalition Formed by several Middle Eastern Nation to control the Oil prices throughout the globe. Barrel of oil is sold for 1300 dollars. Causing many smaller nations to go bankrupt in result.

May: United Nations, disbands after a series of heated debates. In a single week, over 130 members dropped, after a month, the organization is completely disbanded, leaving hundreds of nations to defend for themselves.

Year 2014 April-June: The BRIMCK States are formed, a revised version of former BRIC. The both political and military alliance between six nations developing in massive rate. The fallowing nations are it's members. Brazil, Russia, India, Mexico, China, and South Korea.

September: The United states begins to shake as oil prices soars. Quad tripled population and their enormous demands for oil forces the U.S. to begin pumping their own natural resources. High tax demands upsets the states within.

February-November: Kim Jae Young succeeds Kim Jung-ll as the North Korean Leader. He revolutionizes the North Korean economy and completes the North Korean Nuclear program. North Korea increases their size of armed forces, putting pressure on South Korea.

Year 2015 January: China invades Mongolia. The invasion is completed in a single month.

March-June: M.E.C. collides with Israel. Using their new wealth, M.E.C. buys newest military hardware from China and India, making it formidable power. United States lacks resources to continue to support war in Israel. War ends with M.E.C. victory. Millions of refugees flee to Europe and U.S.

August: United States closes it's borders due to overpopulation.

Year 2016: January-April: North Korea invades the Republic of China and fully annexed in end of April. It is suspected that North Korea was pressured by China to slowly spread communism in Pacific.

June: "Ultranationalism" movement triggers civil war in Russia.

July: United States begins to pressure on the fusion technology.

Year 2017: February: United States' increasing demands for natural resources in Mexico causes protests and riots.

April: China's dependency on fossil fuels causes energy crisis in the nation. China, bordering on collapse, becomes increasingly aggressive in it's trade talks with the global markets. Unwilling to export oil to China, talks between China and United States break down.

June: Brazil, backed by the BRIMCK States, begins annexation of several South American nations citing their political instability and nuclear programs as a threat to Brazil.

July: End of Russian Civil War. Ultranationalist takes over the Russian government. Russia militarizes and becomes increasingly aggressive.

August-2018: North Korea, secretively backed by China, suddenly declares full-out invasion against Japan. Heavily out-numbered and out-gunned, Japan seeks aid. United States responds by pressuring South Korea to counter-attack North Korea and China, but the message was intercepted by Chinese government. China in responded by invading states of Hawaii and Alaska, first invasion on U.S. soil ever since Pearl Harbor.

Year 2018 January: United States allied with Canadian recruits advances to Chinese-occupied Alaska.

To be Continued

Last edited:
Level 34
Seeing global warfare coming on it's way, the New Reich is formed under China. joined by Russia and it's allies, seeing the Reich as threat, the Allies, composed of Australia, and the U.E.F. is created.

I don't understand why they are called the Reich. Is it because of the R.R.E? And if China started the Reich than why is it called the Reich and not something communist-like like the Union?

Oh and don't forget to put in standard events like season change and rare events like that suddenly America get's a national riot, resulting a spread out spawn of weak hostile civilians.

Level 8
I don't understand why they are called the Reich. Is it because of the R.R.E? And if China started the Reich than why is it called the Reich and not something communist-like like the Union?

Dunno, It's just a streotypical thing when it comes to World Wars. Do ya got anything better ideas?

And Thanks for your support Gyrosphinx +rep

p.s. I learned how to use the quote key now~~ oh! and I edited the History.

Last edited:
Level 35
Modern warfare maps are always fun. Looks like it will have a lot of awesome features. However, the two guys above have a point, "Reich" was used by the fascist Germany in WW2, it's rather inappropriate when talking about (former) communist countries. Considering that the Soviets used the word "Union" to express their...uhm...union, I'd recommend you to rename them to "New Union" or "Noviy Imperiya" (New Empire in Russian). Can't wait to see the screenies :D

btw, United European Federation is listed twice D:

Level 8
Alsome, thanks for the name suggestion, I've changed the Reich to Imperiya. I'm workin on the map due to this date. Workin on American terrain (Pacific Front) right now. Screenies will come soon.

Oh! and United European Federation is listed twice because there will be two players controlling Europe (it's a too big of a land for one player to cover and it's also nice when one player can cover (at least try) Russia and other one cover the R.R.E)

Level 8
Realistic, I will try to keep. There will be advanced tanks and weapons that does not exist in Modern days right now at this time, but I will still try to keep things realistic (like no laser guns or mini nuke bazooka)

Screenies will come soon, I promise.

BTW, what do you guyz want to see in a map like this? what do you think of my story and shitz?

Level 7
Haha yeah, Ok here we go..

Ok, think paratroopers.. then add in armored shells? You get the Halo 2 and Halo 3 pods..

Do somthing like that, except. When launched the pod lands somwhere(Target) and it spawns(unloads) say 6 men or so.

Level 7

Here is an idea for the paratrooper thing i said above.

A building (or plane) can send 1 massive(pod) to a location for a fee of course, and once landed(or trained) the pod releases 6(or more) basic infrantry(or what ever your using as a base vaule unit)

Level 1
Oh my god I love the idea, I'm sick of all the bad ones, and I hope so badly that this one will be good..

A couple things that might be nice doing;

Keep some of the old tanks and aircraft, for example the M1A2 Abrams, the F-35 and things like that, don't make it ALL science fiction :p

Secondly, could you try to make a good Aircraft Carrier system? I've been missing that so badly..

And third, please, model everything, I'm so sick of seeing gyrocopter Apache's..

Just a couple ideas :>

Level 8
Guyz Guyz, this take place in 2020, not year 3000..... of course there will be old tanks and stuff. 80% of Tanks and Vehicles will be Modern (Cold War era at least). 10% will be modified vers of old tanks, and other 10% be advanced tanks and vehicles. Most of them will be modeled, seeing how Ham Ham was able to give every vehicle a model, I think I can do a same.

Handycombinder, I got all the unit type thing on my head. This is what I have in my mind.

Infantary (Conscript, Chinese Rifleman, Airborne Legionnaire etc) [Pierce/Unarmored]
Anti-Tank Infantary (RPG Infantary, Stinger Infantary etc) [Magic/Unarmored]
Armored Vehicle/Light Armor (Euro Boxer, Humvee etc) [Pierce/Medium]
Medium Tank (Type 96, etc) [Magic/Medium]
Heavy Tank (Type 98, M2 Abrams, K2 Black Panther) [Magic/Heavy]
Artillery (M-198 howitzer etc) [Siege/Light]
Helicopter (AH-64 Apache, Mi-24 etc) [Pierce/Light]

For now this is what I got.

Last edited:
Level 7
Infantary (Conscript, Chinese Rifleman, Airborne Legionnaire etc) [Pierce/Unarmored]
Anti-Tank Infantary (RPG Infantary, Stinger Infantary etc) [Magic/Unarmored]
Armored Vehicle/Light Armor (Euro Boxer, Humvee etc) [Pierce/Medium]
Medium Tank (Type 96, etc) [Magic/Medium]
Heavy Tank (Type 98, M2 Abrams, K2 Black Panther)
Artillery (M-198 howitzer etc) [Siege/Light]
Helicopter (AH-64 Apache, Mi-24 etc) [Pierce/Light]

Good ideas, I like them.
P.S The game sets in 2020? So that basicly means only a few countires would have 'advanced' technologys post-cold war. I realy am starting to like this game.. Whats the proggresion on it? (=

Level 8
World is Suffering from Global Depression, and EviL oil prices. Most of these nations are Modern to Cold War Tech and are not ready for war.

The Map is barely being started......

Level 3
Sounds cool. Such things are just my taste.
I've been thinking about making such a World War III map myself.
Can't wait to the beta release.

Level 3
Try to make the story line somewhat more realistic, as it really helps add to immersion. This is going to be a huge post.

The recreation of the Roman Empire by the Republic of Italy? This is impossible. Instead stick to the European Union becoming a single powerful state (in reality, were it a real single state, its wealth would match the US' and its population would exceed the US' by nearly 200 million). Fascists capability to take over the Italian government in the 1930s was because the Italian government required the permission of the king to use the military to fire onto Mussolini and his men, but the king denied this. However, Italy being a Republic no longer has a king, and so its government is entirely secure from any similar coup attempts. Furthermore, being part of the EU is a massive benefit to Italy, and so leaving it would be against any sense. Eastern European nations, no matter their economic situations have always looked westward. They did not want to make pacts with the Nazis, but they had no choice. They did not want to live under Communism, but they had no choice. Being part of the European Union gives these nations the freedom to remain as a part of the Western World, and that is what they would choose no matter what.

As for the Reich, it is a German word meaning empire.

Look, even Old English had the word:

Tó becume ðín rice.

That is a line from the Lord's Prayer which is the equivalent of our version's "Thy kingdom come,"

Compare Old English kingdom (rice) and German empire (reich). So no one is going to be using the word Reich, unless it's a German.

Be wary in making Russian and Chinese alliances. China is a huge nation which is hungry for natural resources. Russia's population is primarly centred in Europe, with much of Siberia being open, sparsely inhabited land, but rich in natural resources.

If China goes to war with someone with the intent of conquest, it would be Russia.

A final note, I understand the story line requires the United States to no longer be the sole world power, but the reality is this: no matter what happens, the US will never, ever recoil and become a weakingly in the near future. It has a constantly growing population, fueled by skilled workers immigrating to it from all over the world. It has a large, well-educated and capable workforce. Today, it, Japan and Germany are the only countries who are the centres of High-tech technologies, meaning they have a huge advantage over everyone else. The US' wealth is enormous, despite its huge governmental debt. Its weapons technology is the best in many fields, and its fire power is second to none. No one even comes close to the US' military strength.

An invasion of the US is basically impossible. Cuban soldiers wouldn't get near the US before they'd be blown out of the water or air, same goes for Russia. Think about it. The Russians would have to try to send all of their troops all the way across Siberia, load them into ships and then send them across the Pacific to attack a nation which is more than a dozen times more wealthy and several times more powerful, and with a population that by that point will be about 4 times as large. It would be a suicide on the Russian's part, if they even made it to the American coast. Let's not forget that the United States would know about any sort of invasion long before it is being launched - they would know about it being prepared. Even without spies or anything, the Americans have hundreds of satellites that would notice a massive invasion being prepared in eastern Siberia.
Red Alert 2 and World in Conflict storylines of the US being sneakily invaded are absolutely ridiculous; don't take ideas from them in case you are.

China has very unfavourable demographics. Due to the one-child policy, China's population is going to see a significant drop in the near future. Then to top this all off, much of the children being born are males, meaning there are very few females in China. Without females this population decline in China will continue leading to serious demographic problems.

Africa's states truly only exist politically. Africa's population is still mostly divided up along tribal lines, and conflicts amongst tribes are very common. Therefore a united Africa is nearly impossible.

The Australian Commonwealth is also beyond me. Australia belongs to the British Commonwealth, as in, the the British monarchy still rules over Australia, just as it does Canada and New Zealand.

Don't forgot about Brazil, Brazil is an economic success story just as India and China are. It has an incredibly fast growing economy and a large population to boot. It should have a part in your map if you're aiming for realism.

That's all I have to rant, I suppose. You don't need follow exact reality as I have written down here, but just try to not make it too fictional. I've had enough of all those fictional stories. Good luck.

Level 8
Mr. Smartypantsss

You know to tell you the truth, I was thinking about the same thing. The story is ridiculous and italy becomin facist nation is nearly impossible. large scale invasion on U.S. west coast will cost millions and is probably impossible. Just like you said, cuba can't do shit in this state, and everything else sounds just ridiculous. I was a red alert fan back then.

So yes, I thought about changing the factions and the story and other things, but the thread was dead for like several month now, and I'm kinda surprised on how many people would take interest in such idea. Besides, warcraft is rapidly dying. When starcraft II comes out, warcraft would be like a pimple on the face of hive.

I thought of continuing the project after starcraft II comes out, you know, I will have advantage in making modern/sci-fi map in starcraft than medieval themed warcraft, but for now that's just a dream.

Istvan Kiraly, for your passionate support for the dead project, rep and some love.

I will update the thread nevertheless with your infos.

Status
Not open for further replies.