• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Reading that text about the tuskarr befriending the Horde makes you THINK they'll get it, however it would be difficult to add them because there wouldn't be a good starting point, unless blizz suddenly adds an Island off the coast of Northrend for them and makes it so they can't swim across...

Level 12
In honesty, I'm damn sure Blizzard told themselves it was too much stress to add new races, especially the reception with blood elves and draenei. I won't start blaming anyone here, but I'll point out that options for new playable races were empty when TBC came out.

Level 26
In honesty, I'm damn sure Blizzard told themselves it was too much stress to add new races, especially the reception with blood elves and draenei. I won't start blaming anyone here, but I'll point out that options for new playable races were empty when TBC came out.
they have 10 races already. if they wanted to add more, don't you think it would have been sensible to wait a little?

Level 2
Taken right off the WoW website: In the cold, harsh northlands...The Lich King Arthas has set in motion events that could lead to the extinction of all life on Azeroth. With the armies of the undead and the necromantic power of the plague threatening to sweep across the land, only the mightiest heroes can oppose the Lich King's will and end his reign of terror for all time.

Blizzard Entertainment's latest expansion to World of Warcraft – Wrath of the Lich King – adds a host of epic content to the existing game world. Players will achieve soaring levels of power, explore a vast new continent, and battle other high-level heroes to determine the fate of Azeroth. As you pit yourself against the dangers of the north, prepare to:

Level 26
i have heard ALOT about deathknights here there and everwhere. i personally choose to believe it because im just like that.
Well, you can CHOOSE to believe it, or you can go to the world of warcraft site to find the Wrath of the Lich King expansion pack and read the words that say the death knight will be the game's first hero class.

Level 13
Over time between a certain level and 80 you will begin your quests to become a Death Knight, once you finally complete it you become a Death Knight. The Death Knight character however will be a copied version of your hero, you will still have your original one, then you will have your Death Knight.
Actually it goes like this (from what I've heard). You do a Quest Chain to unlock the Death Knight at a high level. THEN the Death Knight becomes available at the char creation screen. There you can make a Death Knight and it starts in it's own area at a high level. Blizz said that in an interview I think.

No it doesn't copy your char.

Also I believe Blizzard had said that they have no plans of adding new PLAYABLE races.

Level 26
WoWWiki said:
To be become a Death Knight, you must be level 80 and you need to complete a quest chain. All classes and races are able to complete this chain, and can be done by all kinds of players, even non raiders. Once the quest is done, you unlock the ability to create a new Death Knight character of any race. The starting level of the character will start at a high level, somewhere from level 55-70, which has not yet been decided. Death Knights do not have a Mana, Rage or Energy bar; instead they use Runes. There are three types of runes: Blood, Frost and Unholy (Presumably the Talent trees as well). You use a combination of those six runes in your bar to mix and match. Different spells require different numbers and types of runes, depending on how powerful that spell is. As you use them, the runes will go on a cooldown before you can use it again. There are plans for spells to restore runes in combat, so you aren't pigeon holed if you use the wrong abilities. The Death Knight has two roles: tanking and damage dealing. They do not use shields while tanking, instead using two-handed weapons or dual-wielding.

Level 8
So the Death Knight is a unlockable class right? One question I have is how the heck are they going to fit in story wise... *Looks at Warcraft 2's storyline* *Looks at Warcraft 3's storyline* Yep Warcraft 3 raped all the storyline that WC 1 & WC 2 made and WoW is based more off of Warcraft 3....

Level 35
LOL!!! OF COURSE......and there was also an entire new continent that houses thousands of High Elven evacuatee's who escaped Arthas.

Of course we all know of Blizzards..."unorthodox"....use of lore bending techniques.

But it wouldnt suprise me if there was a Death Knight island.

Level 11
Next expansion will be maelstrom and undermine...idk what the one after that will be, but the final WoW expansion will be Sargeras. Then they may need a Wc4 to get some more lore going, they may also release Diablo 3 at that point, then after awhile release Galaxy of Starcraft as their final shot =/

Level 34
People seem to not like blizz here =P And think they are going to ruin their whole company. I may be wrong but it seems to still be flourishing (I don't read up on things much).

Level 34
I'm just saying a number of people on here are saying Blizzard is ruining their company. Maybe I misunderstand and people are saying that Blizzard is just ruining it for them.

Level 34
Haha, well WC3 did anything but ruin the company, and WoW is the probably the most popular game ever. I would say they did something right. I do think WoW ruined "lore".

Level 11
I liked the Warcraft lore and such, and I wish I had some of the Warcraft books.

Though even though WoW has still messed up alot of lore it still is a fun and addicting game no matter how much we complain about these kind of things.

Blizzard said they will begin to focus more on the Lore with WotLk...I'm hoping that they go through with it without screwing it up even more, though either way I'll still be playing. Because a game is just that, a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.