• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World of Warcraft Machiminima

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hope i spelt that right. But anyway...

Ive always been a movie maker, but i wanna know, most people here can model, and usually if you can model other things come with it, so does anyone know good Machiminima Programs? Anyone good and useing WoW model viewer to make them? Please post. TY :infl_thumbs_up:

Level 22
Its basically anything that uses its current game engine, wether actually in-game or not. I see a lot of machinima makers using the model viewer spliced with fraps-recorded backgrounds. Takes a lot of work, I'd imagine.

Oxhorn is probablythe most famous of them. You can check out his work at warcraftmovies.com

There's actually a totorial on making basic films in WoW, I'll see if I can dig out the link sometime soon.
-VGsatomi

Level 36
As was stated, Machinima, (machine-ima) is any movie that's created using a video game. So basically, you're recording the game as you play it, and you use that to make a movie. Whether you mod the game, and show the differences, use in game conematics or footage you take to make a story-based movie, or mash the cinematics of the movie together for humorous effect, is entirely up to you.

You don't need to know how to model, or how to MPQ edit. The only thing you need to know, is how to screen capture. And there is a simple, powerful, very popular and I-promise-spyware-free program that everyone and their brother uses.

Fraps. You can download it at www.fraps.com. It is very easy to work.

Warning: FRAPS records your screen in AVI format at a VERY LOW compression rate. Clips that are 30 seconds long could be OVER 500 MEGABYTES in size, so make sure that you have harddrive space available.

If that doesn't work out, you could also try GameCam, another popular one that works in much the same way. I don't like it as much, but my friends do.

Windows Movie Maker is the tool you need. Don't bother with Premier or anything fancy, as they cost too much money, and Movie Maker is free, comes with Windows, much easier to use and still powerful.

Have fun!

W

Status
Not open for further replies.