• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Does anyone know a good live streaming program for Warcraft 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Be aware that for any good live stream you will need...
1. A decent GPU to actually render the game and to help encode the rendered images in real time.
2. A decent multi core CPU to help render the recorded images (only for backwards systems which do not or cannot use the GPU to accelerate them).
3. A high speed upload to the internet. Most ADSL (broadband) systems do not have this. Only systems like Cable or Fiber-optic broadband or other fiber-optic services do.

Although faster memory will help reduce bandwidth bottlenecks it should make virtually no difference compared to any of the above elements.

This is why you often have people streaming games at lower visual settings nowdays despite having systems more than capable of maxing the game visually.

Level 22
^ Streamers always lower the graphics e.g in SC2, such an old game as war3 doesnt require so much memory..

This is a good step for THW's mapmaking. I've seen Sc2 Mapster doing streamings on either a map in-game or doing something with the editor, very useful.

Level 37
lol tinychat? skype?

Is it possible to stream with those two...?

Yea I think I have fast enough computer and internet speed and everything went okay when I was last time streaming. Of course there were some problems... But that was first time ever. Next time I'll get a better program, prepare more and somekind of plan.

I'll try ustream next. Thanks for the suggestion, Sky Green.

Status
Not open for further replies.