• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World of the Ancient Heroes - ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
World of the Ancient Heroes - ORPG + AOS!

- Closed -

Attachments

• wotah3.jpg
    wotah3.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 332
  • wotah4.jpg
    wotah4.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 290
  • wotah5.jpg
    wotah5.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 279
  • wotah6.jpg
    wotah6.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 247
  • wotah7.jpg
    wotah7.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 262
  • Starting Village.jpg
    Starting Village.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:
Level 4
Ye well there are alot of basic items too, would take too much time to make all of them like.. something else :p some items makes the skills of some heroes improved and so on too..

Ye well, the story might change durring the project time ^^

*** EDIT ***
Story has changed a bit, added some more stuff to the "features"

Last edited:
Level 6
sounds nice... im not the biggest ORPG fan but this sounds fun!
im just confused on how that admin system will work in warcraft 3.

but any way, don't you think the game would be a little short if you just go evil? like you have the help of the wizard and his army and all you have to do is capture ONE TINY TOWN. Like i know you have some other quests too but for the amount of time put into making that game it would be a very short game for the evil side.

***EDIT***
what exactly are you looking for, for helping on your map? cause i can do terrain pretty well now.

Last edited:
Level 15
Woah, you seem wayyyy too ambitious...
1000 items is plain crazy, if you check how much memory one item data is, you will find that your "dream" map would have a huge filesize. Not to mention it would probably take a long time to make those items and for the map to load :S
Aim lower, don't aim for the sky so fast... who knows how long it will take for you to complete your dream map.
My suggestion is to make more quests and less items. Items are good, but crazy amounts of it will make players confused and stuff. Quests are funner and more important, maybe just create 1 reward item for each quest, some quest items, a pool of basic items and a small amount of godly artifacts and maybe some item sets (combined items). Make more quests :D

I can help with custom models and icons but I don't know if I will actually do anything, I'm a really lazy guy :(
But if you need help with those, feel free to ask :D
PS: Good luck!

I suggest you make 200-300 items, not more (even that is much but 1000?? call me crazy but that's crazy)

Edit: I dont like the army idea, it sounds bad. I suggest you make it like this: if the hero becomes evil, he fights against good heroes, and make a mini AOS, but bases cannot be destroyed, and those creeps do not give exp that attack bases. I would help you terrain, i am a advanced skilled terrainer. I have a hosted project at hive and i make terrain, here is an example.

Attachments

• Contest terrain.jpg
    Contest terrain.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 197
Level 4
ok thanks! :D
Well, u can start with the terrain, ill come back with more info later

** EDIT **
I suggest you make 200-300 items, not more (even that is much but 1000?? call me crazy but that's crazy)

Edit: I dont like the army idea, it sounds bad. I suggest you make it like this: if the hero becomes evil, he fights against good heroes, and make a mini AOS, but bases cannot be destroyed, and those creeps do not give exp that attack bases. I would help you terrain, i am a advanced skilled terrainer. I have a hosted project at hive and i make terrain, here is an example.

Ok, want to join the project?
I'll give you access to our private forum where you can find more info about terrain etc.

Last edited:
Level 4
Ye, as I said, ill come back with more info soon ^^

*** EDIT ***

Want to join this project?
U'll get access to our private forum where u find more info about the game/map!

Last edited:
Level 4
sounds nice... im not the biggest ORPG fan but this sounds fun!
im just confused on how that admin system will work in warcraft 3.

but any way, don't you think the game would be a little short if you just go evil? like you have the help of the wizard and his army and all you have to do is capture ONE TINY TOWN. Like i know you have some other quests too but for the amount of time put into making that game it would be a very short game for the evil side.

***EDIT***
what exactly are you looking for, for helping on your map? cause i can do terrain pretty well now.

It's not just 1 little town he controlls, he rules the whole world u know ^^
Ye, well I might need your help sometimes :D
The "evil" side grows since players can behave bad and therefore become
evil (then they wont be allied to the other "good" players)
Don't worry, the story will be great :thumbs_up:

Woah, you seem wayyyy too ambitious...
1000 items is plain crazy, if you check how much memory one item data is, you will find that your "dream" map would have a huge filesize. Not to mention it would probably take a long time to make those items and for the map to load :S
Aim lower, don't aim for the sky so fast... who knows how long it will take for you to complete your dream map.
My suggestion is to make more quests and less items. Items are good, but crazy amounts of it will make players confused and stuff. Quests are funner and more important, maybe just create 1 reward item for each quest, some quest items, a pool of basic items and a small amount of godly artifacts and maybe some item sets (combined items). Make more quests :D

I can help with custom models and icons but I don't know if I will actually do anything, I'm a really lazy guy :(
But if you need help with those, feel free to ask :D
PS: Good luck!

Look, I wont make 1000 items right away in v1.0... more version will come with improved and new items.
My goal is to have about 1000 items, but alot of them are really simple once!
The Object Data don't take too much space on a map, and I'll use as litte imported models and such as I can..

I would love to get your help when it comes to modeling and such, want to join the project?
Can add you to it if you want, and u'll have access to our private forum.

BTW: SORRY FOR DOUBLE POST!

Level 4
Don't have skype on this computer (sorry)...
Did you register to the privet forum? :O
All info is there, don't want to give it via this public, + your PM dont work :p

Level 6
very nice dude i would put some more smaller rocks around the big rocks especially on the outside to make it look more realistic cause the likely hood of the rocks being like that is very unrealistic

but that is some good terraining i must say

Level 4
I would add small rocks but the problem is lagg and doodad limit. I cannot use the tools because of this new patch 1.23. All tools are meant for versions like 1.21, 1.22.

Here are more Screenshots, i made a Cave! i hope you like it.

Great job man! :thumbs_up:

i can help you with 2d art. I'm not the best, but.... you know :D
here there is a sample of what I can make:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f341/skin-icons-shop-not-pay-d-123063/
i'm better in artworks... i do attach a scrnsht soon. Good Luck with the project.
See ya :D

Ye sure man! :D we need a icon maker, i'll come back with more info soon!

Now thats what i'm talking about! :thumbs_up:
I'll add them as Previevs of the map soon, UPDATED terrain progress!

Level 7
Have you thought about if two players control the same city and they join the same game, when they load who will then control the city?
Personally i think its a bad idea to let players control cities and armies because then they can use their army to kill bosses and so on.

Level 4
Hey!
Sorry for beeing AFK for some time, and Yes, the Base part is now deleted!

Ye, Oziris have done a great job with Terrain!! :D

I've Played alot of Rpgs and this sounds pretty epic man I wish i could help :)
That would be great! :)
I'll PM you as soon as I have the time to add you!

Level 7
Uh hi.. I was just looking through your info and I thought that the name of the Orpg sounds a lil weird... I think that maybe renaming it to "World of Ancient's" would be better than having it with the hero... Just my idea, dont take too much attention to this post =]

Level 4
haha ye, and i'll add "credits" to the first post when I start importing icons and hero-creeps models :)

Terrain credits is up to Oziris, and you Belgarath if u want..

Status
Not open for further replies.