• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World of Ham Ham beta 0.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
ok, well, take the trigger from loap, the one that respawns the germs in hospital or the ghosts in the graveyard

This may help as a base trigger:

Germ maker2
Events
Unit - A unit Dies
Conditions
(Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Germ
Actions
Wait 5.00 seconds
Unit - Create 1 Germ for Neutral Hostile at (Random point in Germ2 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees

Level 27
I would just use

-Events-
If a unit owned by (player (?))
-Conditions-
Dying unit equal to (the unit)
-Actions-
Wait (some time)
Create (the unit) at (region bla)

But also another is

-Events-
-Conditions-
Dying unit equal to (variable unit)
-Actions-
Set (variable unit) = no unit
Wait (some time)
Create (variable unit) at (region bla)
Set last created unit = (variable unit)

With the 1 you will be able to make them respawn at a point when ONE single one dies,

With the 2 one you will be able to make the respawn at a specific region when you want them to spawn not at one SINGLE place but at more places or a place where the creep should be

did i help?

JASS:
function Trig_CreepRevive_Conditions takes nothing returns boolean
    return IsUnitType(GetDyingUnit(), UNIT_TYPE_HERO) == false and IsUnitType(GetDyingUnit(), UNIT_TYPE_SUMMONED) == false and GetOwningPlayer(GetDyingUnit()) == Player(PLAYER_NEUTRAL_AGGRESSIVE)
endfunction
function Trig_CreepRevive_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
    local unit u = GetDyingUnit()
    local location l = GetUnitLoc(u)
    local integer i = 0
    local player p = GetOwningPlayer(u)
    call TriggerSleepAction( ( 60.0 + ( 2.0 * I2R(GetUnitLevel(u)) ) ) )
    call ReplaceUnitBJ( u, GetUnitTypeId(u), bj_UNIT_STATE_METHOD_MAXIMUM )
    set u = GetLastReplacedUnitBJ()
    call SetUnitVertexColor(u,255,255,255, 0)
    loop
        exitwhen i>25
        call SetUnitVertexColor(u,255,255,255, (i * 10))
        call TriggerSleepAction(0.01)
        set i = (i+1)
    endloop
    call RemoveLocation (l)
    set u = null
    set p = null
    set i = 0
endfunction
function InitTrig_CreepRevive takes nothing returns nothing
    set gg_trg_CreepRevive = CreateTrigger(  )
    call TriggerRegisterAnyUnitEventBJ( gg_trg_CreepRevive, EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_DEATH )
    call TriggerAddCondition( gg_trg_CreepRevive, Condition( function Trig_CreepRevive_Conditions ) )
    call TriggerAddAction( gg_trg_CreepRevive, function Trig_CreepRevive_Actions )
endfunction

try this, it respawns unit where it died. (yeah it has one bj call i was to lazy to use non-bj one :p)

Last edited:
Level 27
-Events-
-Conditions-
Dying unit equal to (variable unit)
-Actions-
Set (variable unit) = no unit
Create (variable unit) at (region bla)
Set last created unit = (variable unit)
Unit - Hide last created unit
Wait (Some time)
Unit - Unhide last created unit

Because you hide and unhide the unit it seems if you respawn it but acctualy you create it just after he died,if you raise the corpse now nothing will happen because the neutral hostile unit already is spawned and is hidden,so just unhide the creep when you want him to 'respawn'

This should work (PS - Maybe you should also 'pause' the unit im not sure ;) )

Level 27
Plz dont be to enthusiastic with World editor unlimited .. these kind of tools can corrupt,bug or ruin your map .. like i experienced .. i already knew i had to be alert when using these kind of tools and i didnt use them for every map i made .. but since it fucked up my map rly badly these kinds of tools are considered 'Dangerous' for me and i wouldnt use them if i dont have to ... just watch out ..

And yes the terrain just could HAVE improval but well it looks good to me how it looks now keep up this work .. and well .. its maybe me but your rpg doesnt rly give an rpg-feeling .. i dont know what it is ... i think its the zoomed out camera and the small units it gives a 'War of the ring' map feeling :p where you got to control large pieces of armies

The 0.12 is ready.

Now, the camera is 50% near, you can lock the camera on your hero and the terrain is much better.

These are the keyboard commands (I forgot to add them as a quest in the map):

@Lock - Lock the view on your hero, and make the camera rotate arround him.
@Unlock - Reset the camera.
@Repick - Remove your current hero and enables the chosing of other.

If you are going to travel in the sea, unlock the camera.

Last edited:
Level 27
K i like the cameras :) you should keep them that way they give you a feeling the world is alot larger and your units are still pretty big. good combi and also the camera following your hero is not irritating me at all because it goes quite slow so you can command your hero better.

Some things you should fix are the 'Selection circles' because every unit has its selection circle twice the size as the model size i dont know if you where going to do this but just saying .. and the name is still 0.11 hehe :p good work .. go on xD

Status
Not open for further replies.