• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] World Editors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Greetings,

I'm wonderring if its any good World Editors out there.
Which can at least have 16 Tiles to place on the terrain.
I'm currently using USWE, but when i go to ''Extra-Tiles'' And choose 15-16 tiles and click ''ok'' it doesnt show when i click ''T'' on the map.
So im wondering if some one got at least an good editor to use.

-DUTY OF RS

Level 23
you dont save the map after you add tiles to it.

Tech background if you are intrested:
That is because adding tiles to map adds them to the file on your disk but world editor does not refresh the map, so you have to forcefully refresh it by closing and opening the map(you dont need to close the whole editor). If you save the map before reopening, you will overwrite the changes made by the program that gives you more tiles with your map from editor

Level 23
so basically.

Download JNGP(Preferebly newest version, 2.0.X[2.0.7 is newest afaik]), and then go to extensions, and select Edit Tilesets(first option). Then just select tilesets you want to have, and then reload JNGP(or map, if you know how to do that), BUT DONT SAVE!(Reason provided in the previous reply).

Woala, you have 16 tiles in one map

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Which can at least have 16 Tiles to place on the terrain.
Warcraft III comes with one. You might need JNGP for that. Keep in mind it is exactly 16 tiles as the bitfield used for terrain type is 4 bits.

The game also forces you to choose the type used by cliffs as well so it is only 15 customizable terrain slots if you use 1 cliff slots.

Status
Not open for further replies.