• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Adding more terrain tiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I am figuring alot of people have wondered about this. When you are trying to make a map with alot of different zones you need alot of terrain tiles. But imo the editor doesnt give you enough tiles to have on your map at the same time.

I was thinking maybe able to do with triggers or maybe some settings to increase the amount of types of tiles you can have. I am a pretty good terrainer (atleast no one said it sucked and usually say its good :thumbs_up:.)
but I know very little Jass or in depths of the Editor settings.

Looking forward to the responses
~Palin Twinblade

Postscript: For the record im using WEU(world editor unlimited)

Level 24
I believe that the number of tiles they allow in a single map has to do with map size. It's not just something like "Oh, 14 (I believe that to be the WE limit) sounds like a good number, it will totally piss all these hardworking modders off", but that there are actual issues with map size or lag for exceeding whatever the number is.

Level 24
I believe 14 to be the total cost allowed for tilesets in WE. Yes, I know that many tiles cost 2 instead of 1.

Level 5
well i relise why some cost 2 and 1. if you look the ones that cost 1 are usually the stone diamond patterns or marble, etc that are very simple. usually the ones that cost 2 is the detailed grass and everything that has 4 or more different patterns.

Also I relise they just didn't decide just to piss off its just i want to know if I can increase it or not cause it would be nice to have more. I'm pretty sure normal we has more then 7 because default tilesets are like 10-12. WEU does give there custom sets of tiles to give you like tiles that usually are only there for cliffs but it doesnt expand how many you can use.

Level 5
i use WEU and there is alot of tiles that cost 2. huh maybe im misunderstanding

postscript: oh hey Pyrite on an off note trying to play your adventure but cant get campaign in and liked those doodads sry never messaged back sorta forgot!

postscript: oh hey Pyrite on an off note trying to play your adventure but cant get campaign in and liked those doodads sry never messaged back sorta forgot!

I didn't understand a word of that.

Did you put in the campaigns folder? Do you have TFT? Do you have the latest patch?

Here is not the place to talk about that.

Level 5
oh i didn't really mean you had to answer it was just something was bringing to your attention and didn't mean to start the conversation here thats why its in a p.s. so finish the off topic-ness back on-topic!
mwuhaha ^.^

Level 5
nvm thats what opens the menu.... stupid me k maybe i get the 16 tiles then but i know some costs 2. so now i just wanna figure out if u can increase the max still guess its not a real biggie but still would be nice.

p.s. i have 2 do this doing ur campaign now very...odd.. but other then disturbing acting everything else is good. oh and music hate it its on v for vendetta too

If it's about my campaign, post it in the appropriate thread, in the map development forum.
That song is called Yakity Sax, and it's quite old. It was also the theme song for some TV show called Benny Hill, I believe.

If you're adding tiles via the Enhancer, then it doesn't matter if they cost 1 or 2. That's the beauty of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.