• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cleaning the editors stored-units-chache. How?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi, i'm making a risk.

Features:

- 57 Provinces
- 8 (?) Capitals (a unit-producing building, four towers, one circle)
- ~400 preplaced Buildings (a unit-producing one, one circle and a tower - every building is different)
- "some" different units (actually 205, most with auto-skills - later up to ~350)
- …

Well. Cause of the many different unit types and the masses of preplaced buildings my world editor gets a huge lag (~5 minutes) when i click on an unit- or an unittypevariable (because there are already many stored in the editors units-cache):

e.g.:

• Get CAPITAL 012 Blackhammer
    • Events
      • Einheit - A unit enters CAPITAL 012 Blackhammer <gen>
    • Conditions
      • ((CAPITAL 012 Blackhammer <gen> contains (Triggering unit)) Gleich True) and (((Units in CAPITAL 012 Blackhammer <gen> owned by (Owner of (Dying unit))) is empty) Gleich True)
    • Actions
      • Unit - Change ownership of Darkhammer (Capital: Dark Dwarves) 0095 <gen> to (Owner of (Entering unit))
      • Unit - Change ownership of Darkdwarven tower [Darkhammer] 0097 <gen> to (Owner of (Entering unit))
      • Unit - Change ownership of Darkdwarven tower [Darkhammer] 0096 <gen> to (Owner of (Entering unit))
      • Unit - Change ownership of Darkdwarven tower [Darkhammer] 0098 <gen> to (Owner of (Entering unit))
      • Unit - Change ownership of Darkdwarven tower [Darkhammer] 0099 <gen> to (Owner of (Entering unit))
      • Unit - Change ownership of Circle of Might <gen> 0094 <gen> to (Owner of (Entering unit))
It's really annoying if I click on, for example, "Circle of Might" and want to change it, but the computer laggs the hell out!

For setting up 1 (of 65!) area i have to do... up to... erm... maybe 100 variable changes - the time I need would be huge (100x5 minutes per area cause of the lag) if i hadn't a trick to make them faster - a circuitous trick.

Actually I create a copy of the actual map and remove every region and unit but the ones I'm editing / making (--> the editors chache gets empty because the preplaced units do not exist anymore), but that's much too circuitous.

Does anyone here know a better AND faster way?

Last edited:
Level 9
lol, after reading it i still dont know what your saying, and the

100x5 minutes per area cause of the lag

that means 500 minutes per area cause of the lag? doesnt make any sense, i dont know what your problem or what your dealing with here.

Level 11
I understand what your saying. And theirs only one way out of that problem. Use more variables and less units. The lag drives me insane too, but the only way to completely avoid it is JASS. (WHEE!)

Level 5
I understand what your saying. And theirs only one way out of that problem. Use more variables and less units. The lag drives me insane too, but the only way to completely avoid it is JASS. (WHEE!)

I wanted to use JASS instead of GUI, too, but I have to use a (preplaced) units raw-name then - and I don't know where they are displayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.