• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World editor screenshot problem... (coming out black!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
I can't make screenshots!!!
I want to make an update of my map post but i can't take the screenshots!
Can anybody know how to fix it,when i try it just say: Screen capturing failed.

Also if you don't know how to fix this some link to an screen capturing program can be usefull.
Please help i can't play a single hero save/load map cause of it!

Level 18
If you take a screenshot, you can just open MS Paint and use Paste (Ctrl+V) to paste the screenshot, and then save it. If that doesn't work, you can use a program like xFire, which is able to make screenshots and video's.

I don't know what exactly could cause that, but my first thought is: Check the folder where the screenshots should end up (Default is: C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\Screenshots\). If you changed the name of the folder, removed it, or changed the entire Warcraft III folder to another hard disk, it might've caused the game to be unable to find the folder to place it, and thus gives the error.

Level 25
Downloading xFire as i type this...does it require some kind of registration via internet? I don't have Warcraft on this computer.
Also i don't know if it is relevant but the first time the problem occured is while i was playing Final Fantasy Epic with my bro on LAN.

Level 18
I don't think LAN could cause something like this.

And yes, you need to register an xFire account to log in, and when you're logged in, you can take screenshots and make video's. Check the Options to see (and maybe change) the hotkeys for this.
Registration is free and is done in a minute, so don't worry. You don't get any mails if you turn that option off, and xFire allows you to check what games your friends (who are registered on xFire and added to your Friends List) are playing. If there are server-based MP games (like most multiplayer compatible First Person Shooters), you can use the Join Server button (if you also have that game), and xFire will automatically start up the game, and connects to that server.
(Warcraft III is not such a server-based game, so that'll won't work)

Level 18
If you can't take screenshots at all (not even outside Warcraft III), then it has nothing to do with Warcraft III what-so-ever. If you use Windows, I suggest you go to their support forum and see if anyone can help you there. Don't know about Linux or MAC, but they probably also have a support forum.

Level 5
just... play warcraft 3 in window mode (there is a tutorial on this in the misc tutorials section), when u hav it in window mode, expand the window, and click another window to make the warcraft window inactive (but still visible) and then screen shot. the screenshot will then become like a normal screenshot

Status
Not open for further replies.