• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

screenshot problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
when I use "Print Screen" it makes my screenshot with .TGA tho when I want to add a pic to my skills it said I can only add a picture with .JPG ,does anyone know how to solve the problem, or where to get a screenshot taker that takes . JPG files?

Level 23
Well, you could... ehm... Warcraft 3 is automatically a tga file when screen shotting, that is correct. But it doesn't mean you have to use just that one. Basically when you 'print screen' the image is saved by jpg format, no matter the game or of what you screen shot. Now, this .jpg-file is saved in a temporary folder on the harddrive. But you don't need that one either. For instance, when you have made the print screen open up Paint and use the paste function. And voilà! Save the image to jpg or png or whatever you want.

Edit: Though, if you have Photoshop or Gimp (which is free I think, and can be found at the tools section here), simply open the tga and resave it.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
You have to convert the image type into a .jpg.

Basically they are both image formats but the site only axcepts .jpg.

I recomend using a lowish compression factor for .jpg as it is a compressed file and can easilly lose quality. A lower res with lower compression is better than a high res with high compression.

Status
Not open for further replies.