• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Worker Units Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello,
I've got a problem with an edited worker with a custom model.
I've created an Skeleton Worker (Skeletal Peasent by Cavman) based on a Acolyte.
When the unit summons a building, he builds the structure like a normal peasent/peon even if the building is constructing by itself.
The problem is not that one...the problem is that the worker doesn't stop his building action even after the structure was constructed...I can let him there for weeks and he doesn't stop....
Also...everytime a worker finishes his job it becomes an waiting worker that is show near the minimap(upper)....In this case, after the building is done, the worker doesn't become an waiting worker...
I want to know if I can make him stop when he summons the building or when the building is finished, without changing the base model/building style(summon/build)...Is there any way to do that?

Level 2
Well, MrBean...I don't know "how to add" new building abilities...searched the entire list of abilities and the only ability that has something to "deal" with buildings was "Unsummon Building".
Spartipilo, I've tried your trigger and I've also tried this:

Your trigger:
  • Worker Stop
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes construction
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Animation - Play (Picked unit)'s stand animation
My edited trigger:
  • Worker Stop
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins construction
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Skeleton Miner
    • Actions
      • Animation - Play (Picked unit)'s stand animation
Nothing worked...it still doesn't stop...the only thing it does now:it becomes an waiting worker, but it doesn't stop..

RE:When I change the worker's race it changes his building style...I've changed his race in Night Elf/Orc.Now, when the building construction starts, the worker enters the building and stays there till the building is summoned..when it comes out it has an standing animation so I might solved my problem.But...
I don't think this thread is solved yet because I want to know if there is a way I can make him stop without changing the unit type or race.

Last edited:
Level 17
This one really works
But i dunno if the '
is the right event for this, since the unit is not 'construct' any building, but rather summon it
  • Worker Stop
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Skeleton Miner
    • Actions
      • Animation - Reset (Picked unit)'s animation

Level 4
I think what Mr Bean is referring to is the first/second line in the object editor. workers have "build" as an ability. Try change that to something like Bean suggested...

Level 2
I think what Mr Bean is referring to is the first/second line in the object editor. workers have "build" as an ability. Try change that to something like Bean suggested...

Checked all worker-type units(all races) and there is no "build" ability.

It's no use, since the build is made up 'hard coded' so, even you add the orc build while your worker's race still undead, your worker will still build like undead, not orc

I didn't added the orc build style...I've just changed the race of the worker..and it builds now like an orc..it doesn't summon anymore.

You can detect the build order, then with a periodic trigger, check when the current order of the unit becomes null.

1.How I can detect that build order.
2.How I can check when the current order of the unit becomes null?
(I'm a big newby when I'm talking about triggers/jass and other stuff like that)

Level 17
Not sure if this will solve it, but:

screenqo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 2
It seems that this abilities are hidden...couldn't find them in "Abilities" tab.
Anyway..even if I add one of that "Build" abilities, it doesn't change the original undead building style..(Tried that on a Acolyte, than on my worker...added Build(Orc) but it didn't worked...)

Status
Not open for further replies.