• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Worgmaster

Level 19
Worgmaster

Introduction:
The Bloodbane orcs are a though group of battlewarriors. Self sufficient they have oakwood's best beastmasters training feral beasts for their plundering armies. After years of beast-training some orcs got a title representing the furious worgs they always brought with them. Many orcs have failed to train those furious battleworgs which makes it that the greatest of their tribe have been known to raise a worg into a powerful battleworg trained to savage their foes on the field of battle. It is those warriors that are now called Worgmasters. And it is one of those warriors you'll be able to control.

While the vast majority of orcs focus on their own strength and muscles, there is a smaller subset of warriors more in tune with the bloodbane beasts. A worgcub would doubtless become a savage and deadly beast if left in the wild, but with the right training a young worg can become a loyal companion as well. Fiercely protective of their masters and their adopted pride, these worgs are thereafter known as "Battleworgs" for they make formidable weapons on the battlefield.

worgmaster.jpg

Credits: AlienAntFarm for the model.

Worg Energy:
Worgmasters have their pet’s energy as their special bar. Because of this they can easily keep track of the energy their pet has and use abilities based on that.

Playing as a Worgmaster:
Playing a Worgmaster is all about synergy between the orc and his savage beast. Both the Worgmaster and the battleworg are strong individual fighters, however it is when they work together that they truly become a fearsome foe. How your battleworg is trained is up to the individual; some may train their battleworg to stand side by side with them on the field of battle taking down multiple foes in a flurry of mace and claw. Some battleworgs are trained to be savage fighters, drawing attention away from the Worgmaster and his allies so they can strike an opponent's undefended flanks. Particularly furious battleworgs stride into battle, drawing attention to themselves while their partner lies in the shadows ready to leap from behind!

Playing against a Worgmaster:
Engaging a Worgmaster in close combat is always a dangerous situation. Not only is the master a hardy warrior but you have to worry about his savage battleworg as well! The safest way to deal with the pair is to destroy the master from range. Battleworgs will always be able to leap back to their targets while their trainers can't do much against the right slows and immobilisation.
If you're still tasked with the unenviable job of engaging the Worgmaster in close combat you must pay careful attention to the duo's tactics. By watching the positioning of master and beast you can determine who is the larger threat and finish them off first!

Abilities:

Doublestrike
btndoublestrike.jpg

Cooldown: 5.00 seconds (autocast)
Cast: Instant
Range: Melee Range
Cost: 25 energy (20 worg energy)
Description: The Worgmaster hits the target with his axe; dealing str*1.8 damage. If the Worgmaster has a Worg within melee range it will also attack the target; causing the target to bleed for an additional Agi*1.2 damage over 4 seconds.
Bloodworg Frenzy
btnwolfhidecap.jpg

Cooldown: 45.00 seconds
Range: -
Cost: 30 energy (30 worg energy)
Description: Increases the Worg's Agility and attack speed by 25% and causes his damage done to heal him for 100% of the damage done for 12 seconds. Friendly units near the Worg will also gain a 15% increased attack speed buff as long as they're near the Worg.
Might of the Worgmaster
btnbondofenergy.jpg

Cooldown: 60.00 seconds
Range: -
Cost: 45 energy
Description: Increases the Worgmaster's armor by Level*3, damage done by 45% for 9 seconds and refreshes the cooldown of Summon Battleworg after the duration. All the effects are at the cost of a 20% movementspeed reduction for the duration. This ability is only useable if there is currently no Worg under the Worgmaster's control.

Last edited:
Level 19
The concept of the hero is good and the way you implemented it in Warcraft also.

I like thrall more on the wolf though but that is my personal opinion.

That's exactly the reason why we used the Thrall on Foot model.:wink:
You got my point?:grin:

Level 19
I'm seriously considering to give every class a number instead of a name because everyone seems to care about the names too much...:p

Level 15
I have checked all classes, and I can say this one is my favorite. He reminds me on White Lion from WAR. When are you going to reveal other spells for some classes? Right now you have revealed 3 spells for some classes, but 5-7 spells for other classes ! =D