• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WoC: Help me make my campaign lore friendly

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrRious

M

MrRious

[GENERAL INFO]
You guys told me about a year ago that I should post the plot of my custom campaign, so you could help me make it a bit more lore friendly. I know I took a lot of time to do it, but I've forgot about it, while working on much more important things.

[IMPORTANT INFO]
Keep in mind that the campaign is set in an "alternative timeline" which ignores the WoW lore, yet is "canon" to the WC3 campaigns. I know that this might be a controversial choice and that a lot of you won't be able to help me, but I've done it to have more creative freedom and frankly, because I've never played WoW and really don't like it's story retcons.

I've read the WC3 manual, but am not that big of a lore guy, which is why I'm asking you for help.

Now, let's move on to the story... I wanted to create something original, which would entertain the player and expand on the WC3 lore (The Orc Revolution from the Human Campaign and their presence in the Undead Campaign)

[SHORT VERSION - ACT 1/3]
The action takes place after the events of the Tutorial. The not yet fanatical, but still harsh Blackrock Clan is commanded by Dragnar BurningAxe [The last name is just a placeholder] - an old yet powerful, nostalgic and charismatic war veteran. Now that the Horde left, The Blackrock Clan left on it's own has to adapt to the dark days ahead of it. The humans are already onto them, destryoing their main camp somewhere in the [wherever the hell it is?] as a retaliation for the events from the tutorial.

With no place to hide and no Warchief to command him, nothing is holding Dragnar back from his years old desire to free his brethren, enslaved in the Internment Camps. During his journey he meets the Bleeding Moon Jungle Troll Tribe, leaded by a mysterious and cunning Shadowhunter Zul'than. These trolls traveled many miles, jumping from shadow to shadow and present what would most likely become of the Blackrock Clan have they not met.

Just like the orcs, the trolls are sick of hiding. They decide to join the arms. Together, they destroy one of the internment camps - a big sign of hope for a better future. So starts the revolution and the proper Blackrock Clan is being formed. No longer is it just a clan, now it's a Horde of it's own.

All of this caught Lordaeron's attention. Soon they'll send their best men against the rebels. Zul'than uses it to direct Dragnar into a certain, dark path. The Blackrock Clan, big in it's quantity, somehow lost it's old power. It's as if the anger running through their veins suddenly dissapeared, because that's actually what happened. Zul'than, somehow aware of the dark pact of the orcs and demons, convinces Dragnar to serve them again. The new Warchief's decision isn't fueled by his nostalgic memories, but rather his fear. He loves his brethren and though he doesn't want them to lose their free will, he sees damnation as the only way to assure their survival.

Soon, they'll try to grab the Burning Legion's attention. The problem is, demons already have thier own servants. The Orcs will have to prove they're more worthy than the still forming Plague.

[LONG VERSION]
I've tried to write it, but it got way too long. Instead, I'll just post the first act [3 Missions + an Interlude] once I make it. I think I've nailed the gameplay, so that's a thing definitely worth waiting for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 9
I think 'Burningaxe' is a good surname for an orc--no need to change it. Also, in my opinion, most of it makes sense in terms of wc3 lore.
Zul'than, somehow aware of the dark pact of the orcs and demons, convinces Dragnar to serve them again.
Make sure this happens before the RoC Human Campaign mission 2 (Blackrock and Roll (WC3 Human)). Otherwise, it will contradict wc3 events.
Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.