• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Nightshift Lore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Hey! I decided to write a little lore story for my AoS project, Nightshift. Please tell me what you think, if you have ideas and give C and C's. :3

Chapter One - A World by Gods
The World of Nightshift - a fascinating world, full of ancient mysteries, mythical races and - wars.

Nightshift was a world crafted by the Gods, or Titans, as some races call them.
The Gods intended to make a world free of suffering and pain, and gave the Human race the oppurtunity to control the world.
One of these Gods, Malius, realised the humans should not be underestimated; He had seen them do powerful things before.
Therefor, he created the race of Hobgoblins, a green-skinned specie similiar hobto humans, but more muscular, bigger and brutish.
The hobgoblins was a peaceful race. The humans developed faster than the goblins, both in technology and knowledge.

The humans was spread around the world continent, all living in small villages, and even some castle like structures. The villages was friendly against each other at first, but soon, villages began forming clans within their zones. Soon these clans would clash together, as they all wanted more land, and they had no intention to share - Because of something they did share, their greednes.
Humans had a strong sence of survival, and would rather join stronger clans than dieing, even though the leaders were always killed.
Because of this, greater clans were formed. The clans built towns, cities and even keeps, to live in and defend themselfs against other clans.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Two - Survival
785 years later, three big clans had taken control, while the smaller clans was hiding in the woods.

The Clan of the Mammoth, living on the northern most part of the world continent. The Mammoth clan had several keeps and small towns, but their single most important location was the Wyrmrash Caverns - A cave, and a castle, in one. There resided their leader, Yrulus Olofson.

The Clan of Magras, living in the south-western part of the world continent. Their leader was the hideus, injust, merciless man Magras the Giantslayer. With one huge city, called Marhowany, their reign grew more and more powerful with each day passing.

The Clan of Right, an organised clan with one keep, Darthon, and several smaller cities. Their leader was Magnus Darthon II, a man of justice, but a man who would do everything to keep his clan right. A thievery would instantly be punished with death.

The Mammoth clan and the Magras clan declared war upon each other. For 4 years the battle raged on, and the Magras clan proved more and more succesful.

In the meantime, the Clan of Right struggled with the growing Hobgoblin threats. Lurking in the forests, these brute green-skins began raids on the Clan of Rights villages, and soon they had the same level of tecnology as the humans.
The hobgoblins had none proudness or mercy at all, and by this they proved succesful against the clan. Magnus, leader of the Clan of Right, feared that they would soon be by their gates, and called for help. He sent messangers to the two other clans, demanding their help against this comon enemy.

The Magras clan had just gotten into the snowy wastelands of the Mammoth clans regions. Magras saw how his people slaughtered the oppositing clan, until they was outside of the gates. Fiery meteors rained down from the sky. Apperently the Mammoth clan had learned the art of magic; Magras was determined to achieve the same level. The Magras clans army retreated back, away from the Mammoths range. Magras sent his spies to infilitrate and possibly reveal secrets of the magic. But without success. The spies were slain in their sleep by an unknown power.

Weeks later, the clans recieved the message from the Right clan.
They arranged a meeting between the two leaders, discussing what they would do.
Magras knew that the Mammoths also had been struggling with the hobgoblin horde.
He said that if the Mammoths taught his clan magic, he would assist the two other clans against the goblins. "Outragous!", Yrulus yelled. After a moment of thinking, he realised that this was needed for their own survival, and agreed to the deal.
The two clans marched towards the Clan of Rights regions. And so started the Hobgoblin Wars.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Three - The Hobgoblin Wars
-Not done yet-

Chapter Four - Justice
Finally, the war was won! The clans retreated back to their own regions, and accepted peace between each other.
The clans studied magic, which the Mammoths has taught them in the Hobgoblin Wars. Their power grew.
Magnus Darthon II, was slain. A group of assasins sneaked into his room by the night and slew him and his son while sleeping. The clan of Right was without leader.
Magras died aswell. Magras, however, died in battle, as his own son Magras II had challenged him to an arena match.

Magras II took control over the clan, and built an powerful army, striving to siege the leaderless clan of Right. But the Gods synced his actions, and realised that by letting him attack the clan of Right, chaos would be certain, evenore chaos than the Hobgoblin Wars, which the Gods had foreseen would happen.
The Gods let'd an everlasting rain flood the region, destroying all in it's path, including the whole clan of Magras. The region before known to be the one of Magras, was no known as The Marschlands. Rain was the only known weather, and light was was not comon in this dark region.
Darkness spread further into the world continent, and evil creatures began to spawn in the marches, haunting and destroying whoever entered their shadowy region.
Human Hermits, aswell as hobgoblins began to worship the Darkness, in hope if greater power. Darkness, however, was not fair; Few survived the new gained powers and was destroyed, painfull dreams erupting within their minds.
The ones whoever, that was able to handle and control the power, was called the Dark Worshipers. Together the formed a secret sect, inhabited with not only humans and hobgoblins, but also other vile creatures, such as the Floodmen, a group of serpentine and fishlike people.

A Hero among the champions of the clan of Right araised. His name was Ratchel Bladesworn, a strong fighter with a proud background. This young man recieved the peoples love and approval command. Once again the lan of Right had a leader.
Ratchel and Yrulus, together formed a new clan. The clan of Day, the faction of Day, the Day force.
Together the clans built a huge, gigantic city, in the middle of the world. The city became known as the city of Lightgrasp

When Yrulus died, hundreds of years later, the now experienced mid-age Ratchel took full control of the clan.
The clan grew into what the clan of Right had been; a clan of righteousness, truth and justice. The clan had nothing but rules, rules and rules. The city was constantly guarded, everything everyone did was noted by clrics and priests, who hadfurther advanced in their magic knowledge. The people of Day was taken away from their freedom, and few dared to stand against Lord Ratchel and his army of guards.

Chapter Five - The Lord and the Theif
One specific person, however, formed a group of renegades, outcasts who no longer would follow Lord Ratchels lead. This person was the fighter Edward van Thredd, relative to the on whohad assinated Magnus Darthon II.
The group grew bigger, and in secret they forged a plan to defeat Lord Ratchel.
With 44 men, the group of Night, which they had called themself, sneaked through the guards, slaying anyone who caught them on sight.

The priests, however, had foreseen what would happen. Terrified, Lord Ratchel summoned for 100 of his royal guards, to fight the assasins.
Lord Ratchel stood in his throne room with an elite army, waiting for the renegades to arrive.
The battle went quick; the Night clan lost it's courage, and tryed to escape. 13 people survived, and vanquieshed into the forests, one of them being Edward.
Edward swored he would defeat the lord one day, even if it would cost his life.
The attempt to assasinate the lord had been known to the people of Day, and many joined the clan, seeking freedom from Lord Ratchel rule.

Now, a bounty of unimaginable worth is set on the head of Edward van Thredd. But the Night clan is clever, and won't show up until they have a force big enough to defeat the malefic Lord Ratchel.

I got alot more to do for this, this is just what I got so far :p Will improve, but please tell me what you think :3

Last edited:
Level 25
Revolve said:
...realised the humans could should not be underestimated...
Remove the "could" :)

Revolve said:
...A group of rogues sneaked into his room by te night and slew him and his son...
This sentence sounds a bit "corny".
Assassins assassinated him and his son in their sleep.
Would fit better in my opinion, or soemthing like it.

Overall:
I think you have a creative mind Revolve!
I liked reading this, but you have to improve
some of the parts.

Good Luck with the writting Revolve!

Last edited:
Level 19
I do think it seems quite interesting, there is one thing though, I personally think that you should use "territories" instead of "zones" as I feel it fits this kind of text better. And it will further strengthen your skills as a writer! I also think that it lacks a certain storyteller element, it is more of a summary, and I know it is hard to make it sound as a storyteller's tale and I often fail at it myself, so I'll just advice you to keep on practicing and writing, and dig for that element! Good job!

Status
Not open for further replies.