1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Wizard's Tower

Submitted by Mr. Bob
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
This kinda goes with my other one. (The castle.)

This is NOT intended as a training building. Hense, the lack of a "Stand Work" anim. It was intended to be like an observatory. It can see long ranged etc.

UPDATED: Less particles on birth.

Keywords:
castle, fun, best, model, on, the, Hive,
Contents

Wizard's Tower (Model)

Reviews
23:00, 2nd Jul 2009 Pyritie: No stand work? :P Lol but really, reduce the particle count on that birth anim. 2nd Jul 2009 Pyritie: Changes made, resource approved.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 23:00, 2nd Jul 2009
    Pyritie: No stand work? :p Lol but really, reduce the particle count on that birth anim.

2nd Jul 2009
    Pyritie: Changes made, resource approved.

2. anarchianbedlam

anarchianbedlam

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Awesome, but you need to give it a stand work animation. with sparkly particles or SOMETHING, :p but awesome model idea, i like it

3. Mr. Bob

Mr. Bob

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Read the discription.

4. anarchianbedlam

anarchianbedlam

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Uh, ya, but while it is observing it could have a little telescope come out a window or something. And not everyone would use this as an observer unit, adding a stand work would make it more versatile

5. Mr. Bob

Mr. Bob

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yes, I guess it would. But then again, you must remember, many wc3 buildings do not have a stand work anim, yet still construct units.

6. HappyCockroach

HappyCockroach

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I love your style. Great model, 5/5.
    A simple work anim with particles and such wouldn't fit this model anyways, it should've been something tricky if existed, so it is just fine this way.

7. Emm-A-

Emm-A-

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey Mr Bob, i guess that many guys here on the hive love your models (me included), but i agree that there should be some particles, just a little work animation... Common :p

8. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The townhall texture doesn't give realy a wizardry feel, but it has some other uses though :p

9. Mr. Bob

Mr. Bob

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Again I say, this is an observatory. Not a regular building. Like the goblin shop. : )

Besides, if you simply must use it for a training center, the lack of particles doesn't mean you can't use it. : )

10. Emm-A-

Emm-A-

Resources:
    Resources:
    Indeed, it works without a stand work animation, but i think its more interesting and also usefull for the gameplay, when there is something happening with the buidling.

Maybe you could make the windows glow a bit, as if there are guys behind it doing some kind of experiments?

11. Zerox

Zerox

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Persistent aren't they? I think you did a a fine job on this model as well. Thanks for sharing Mr. Bob.

12. Xendarc

Xendarc

Resources:
    Resources:
    I love the stairs leading up to the bridge. it reminds me of Garth's tower in fable2. this is a perfect spellcaster’s training centre. many other possible uses. 10/10

13. Anachron

Anachron

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Yeah, but since you are able to do so, and it would increase the using very much, you could simply add it, couldn't you?

I would give this a 5/5 and highly recommened, but without anim just 4/5. But I let it for now becaues I hope you add a working anim. I will check this later and rate it then.

14. AbstractCreativity

AbstractCreativity

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Epic model is epic, 5/5 ...Screw work anim and keep making more models to fit this one and the castle thingie!

Oh, and by the way, can I ask you a question? Where is the different attachment points? - If you bothered to do anything with them :]

15. PrinceOfThaWest

PrinceOfThaWest

Resources:
    Resources:
    If you ask me, it looks like Karazhan... :D

16. Gyrosphinx

Gyrosphinx

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I don't give a shit about work anims anyway, this is a really awesome model! Good Job man 7/7 :thumbs_up:

17. Anachron

Anachron

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Did you know what? Only the 'normal' programmers say they don't care about the work animation. Basicly, if you have so much work done for this one model, you are also able to make a work animation. Its not the world and all wc3 base (production) structures have atleast one.

18. Emm-A-

Emm-A-

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thats True !! Real Qualitiy Maps need animations, not just omglolImba!11 stuff.

I think, Mr. Bob makes amazing qualtity models, but unluckily there are often a few usefull animations missing. I think its sad, that there is any work animation to complete this wonderfull tower :(

19. Midnighters

Midnighters

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Did you get this tower idea from the game "Majesty"?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.