• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Wisps used as 'Destructables' displaying wrong colour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello, a bit of a bizarre question here. So.. I was at my Doodad limit for my map but I still needed a few more props. I decided to make some as 'Destructibles' but to then remove their destructible nature, make them walkable, untargetable etc. (if that makes sense)

So I have some little glowing lights (similar to what you would find on an airplane runway) which I have used the Wisp unit model for, but as a null Destructible. For each different colour I wanted, I changed the RGB values inside the custom Destructible.

In the editor the colours appear correctly, as I entered them in the destructible RGB values but in-game they display as red like they were owned by Player 1 (The centers of the Wisp do have the custom RGB values however, but with the Red outerglow).
I have checked and rechecked and there are no 'player colour' values assigned in the destructible that I can see, or that somehow the destructable is owned by Player 1 or anything else.

Does anyone know why this is? I hope this makes sense. Also I cant afford any new custom models or meshes for the map - that's why I used the Wisp to begin with. If I simply cannot do this as Nullified Destructibles I can always make the Wisps as Untargetable Units with no collision, but I wanted to put this question out there first. (The answers may be usefull for others who run into this problem also)

Level 14
Units that are used as destructibles revert to the first option for their team color. The only way to change this would be to change the model using a model editor. You could just make a custom unit in the object editor with the locust ability and use the wisp as the model. This way it is unselectable, invulnerable, and doesn't show a life bar. Basically they would act as doodads.

Level 4
Right ok makes sense - thanks for explaining that. Good idea with the Custom unit with locust ability, I'll give that a try later on.

Edit: Worked perfectly, thanks a lot

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.