• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Winter Mountains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hi there!

I've made a new melee map. It's called Winter Mountains, it's a pretty simple name so if you have a better one just write it to me and i might change it =D

I usualy dont do terrain but i have started a littl bit and just say what you guys think of it ;)

Look at the minimap so that you can see where on the map the picture is taken from ;D

Hey, btw I want to post this map so you can dl it but i don't really know how to do that =/

Here are some pictures of the map. (I made printscreen)

Attachments

• Wc3 1.jpg
    Wc3 1.jpg
    361.2 KB · Views: 209
  • Wc3 2.jpg
    Wc3 2.jpg
    357.2 KB · Views: 191
  • Wc3 3.jpg
    Wc3 3.jpg
    368.2 KB · Views: 158
  • Wc3 4.jpg
    Wc3 4.jpg
    369 KB · Views: 139
  • Wc3 5.jpg
    Wc3 5.jpg
    347.3 KB · Views: 148
  • Wc3 6.jpg
    Wc3 6.jpg
    336.2 KB · Views: 101
  • Wc3 7.jpg
    Wc3 7.jpg
    317.6 KB · Views: 82
  • Wc3 8.jpg
    Wc3 8.jpg
    319.3 KB · Views: 89
  • Wc3 9.jpg
    Wc3 9.jpg
    309.9 KB · Views: 93
Level 7
you do realize this is the terraining bored, not the map development bored.

well to say the least, theres not much terraining here at all, looks like a generic symetrical melee map, plus your starting areas are ugly, way too square o_O add more height variation, doodads - basically more vegitation and rocks to make the enviorment seem more natural, and get rid of those large suqares, or hide the squareness with stuff :p good luck

Level 10
Hey, btw I want to post this map so you can dl it but i don't really know how to do that =/44
Just attach the File, as the same way u did the pictures.

you do realize this is the terraining bored, not the map development bored.
I think just posting the pictures would allow this post to be correct. But yet, this should be in Map Developement...

Is this a mellee map?

Level 10
Well to say the least, theres not much terraining here at all, looks like a generic symetrical melee map, plus your starting areas are ugly, way too square o_O add more height variation, doodads - basically more vegitation and rocks to make the enviorment seem more natural, and get rid of those large suqares, or hide the squareness with stuff :p good luck
Ok, I'll try yo make those squares don't look like squares xD Thanks for the tips ;) I will post the new pictures of it when I'm done.

Just attach the File, as the same way u did the pictures.
Ok, thanks :)

Is this a mellee map?
Yes it is.

Level 7
another thing i just noticed, is you dont have enough trees as it looks, and why are they placed randomly? look at blizzard melee maps, the trees (even though they dont look it) are evenly placed in patterns

Status
Not open for further replies.