• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

windows cant open thsi file (map name).w3x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
does anyone know how to resolve this issue, when ever i click to open the map without using the editor it gives me that error. i had this issue b4 and someone on the hive gave me a file to put in to the wc3 folder and that fixed it, but my computer crashed and i lost the file and forgot who gave me it.

i tryed right clicking the file and making it open with WC3 editor that doesn't work

Check if it is corrupted. It should actually give you some fatal error instead and bug out when trying to load the map.
If it pops up that "Window can't open this file..." make sure you have World Editor as the default file opener for .w3x and .w3m. Otherwise, press "select a program from a list", press "browse", find your World Editor in your wc3 file, and select it.
Try running as admin, if that works.

Also, could you screenshot the error it gives? Does opening other maps give you this error too?

Level 8
Check if it is corrupted. It should actually give you some fatal error instead and bug out when trying to load the map.
If it pops up that "Window can't open this file..." make sure you have World Editor as the default file opener for .w3x and .w3m. Otherwise, press "select a program from a list", press "browse", find your World Editor in your wc3 file, and select it.
Try running as admin, if that works.

Also, could you screenshot the error it gives? Does opening other maps give you this error too?

As I said I already tried open with and it didn't work. And yes this happens with every map

Level 8
windows%20error.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.