• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Problems with w3x and wc3 files!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I have some probelms:
If I open a wc 3 file I only can save it as a w3x file (!?)
And if I make a custom spell the world editor says that it is now a expension but in HLW ROC they have custom spells but HLW ROC is a wc 3 file (!?)
Can someone help me plz

Last edited:
Level 11
(What's HLW? oO)

The extension for Reign of Chaos map is w3m and for The Frozen Throne w3x. Since your map is saved as a w3x, it means you have used TFT features in it.

Level 2
No that is the problem ): I dont have used a expension feature but I can only save it as a w3x file..
And how to make a map with a TFT feature and save it as w3 m (like HLW ROC)

Level 11
You can't use TFT features without saving it to w3x. Are you sure you haven't used any TFT-only stuff, because when I save my maps, I get a w3m file...

Level 11
It has nothing to do with custom spells. There are custom spells in RoC as well as in TFT. The thing is that you can't use TFT features on RoC maps. Propably, HLW (again, what is that anyway? ^^) uses no expansion-only features, and that's why it's w3m.

Level 12
HLW is Hero Line Wars, one of my favorite Battle.Net games.
In case you have TFT editor, you can apply a Frozen-Throne-only thing on the map, and before saving the map the editor will pop up a window: "This map now requires expansion because: -Expansion-only things are being in use", thus automatically saving it as .w3x.

Level 11
Does this have to do anything with the map extension? You can create cool spells in RoC too, you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.