• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wild West ORPG Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello.

I work on this map since 11 months... and i would like to show it.

I let the map here to have feedback on it, the difficulty is for 6 players.
I need feedback about balance of heroes and the diffuculty of bosses and monsters. If you have any suggestions, please post it.
In this version, a new area with new quest, items, bosses...

Hope you like it^^.

For the 1.3, I'll add the second dungeon and a bonus.

There is an introduction here :http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/wild-west-orpg-beta-187864/index4.html

Last map update : 6 june 2011
Go to this link to see changelog : http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/wild-west-orpg-beta-187864/index5.html

Attachments

• Wild west ORPG Beta v1.2b (2).w3x
    5.9 MB · Views: 297
Last edited:
Level 4
Thanks, i'll try to create my own save/load system^^
I have an other problem with my equipment system.
For exemple, warrior can just wear items for warriors, but he can carry 2 armors or two weapons... if some one have an idea to solve the problem.

Level 3
there is great pottential in this orpg nicely done terrain and ideas hope you continue working on it.I liked it and gona continue follow it's developpment.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Nazi.jpg

Pros:
-Somewhat original
-A few of the systems worked
-The selection system is good (Though i think the same one was used on Wc3:WoW)

Cons:
-The translation was atrocious, at every moment I saw mis-spelled words half-sentences... suffice to say it looked like a 5 year old typed it. (Had to say it, I'm a grammar nazi sometimes)
-Get rid of some doodads, you used probably double what you needed to create such a small area.
-Get rid of all the cliff's and switch over to raising/lowering terrain (90% of people agree that cliff's are ugly)
-The UI was completely Un-necessary and it wastes a decent amount of space.
-After cycling through the hero selection for a minute it glitched out and showed me 5 hero's with over-sized text dominating the screen.
-After selecting my hero the camera did not move to the hero.
-Quite a few spells and abilities had broken icons (they were solid green)
-When upstairs in a building the way to go downstairs is a set of stairs going up...
-The scorpions were all clumped up which made playing the game to challenging
-I never lost rage for some reason

Suggestions:
-Give some of the creatures some simple triggers to walk around or at least give them the neutral wander ability to liven up the map.

I'm just going to stop the list now and say that you need to get someone to translate it. Other than that the game will be passable for a first orpg attempt if the translation is done properly. GL with the project.

Level 4
I continue the development of the map. I fix lot of bugs and improve the game play before add more content.
Sorry for my translation, i think you guess i have a very poor english. I think i need help too for that.
For the terraining, it is my first map, I have some problems with textures, doodads and cliffs (that is the hell...).
I must review the unit location to fix the IA bug (for exemple the first boss).
If anybody have tips or want to help me to improve it, I am ok, contact me throught this thread.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Nazi.jpg

Alright I did notice a few fixes, heres my updated list of what I found bugged or whatever else..

-When you get to the ranger hero you cannot see the paragraph explaining her, you can see a few of the other hero's and their paragraphs while looking at her. (bugged camera?)
-The first two spells on the skill point npc have no disbtn icon. (when playing the nelf druid)
-The camera still doesn't move when you go inside the building, up the stairs, down the stairs, etc...
-The high res doodads are completely un~necessary.
-A few other bugs and that but im done for now...

Level 4
I work some hours today and I rework the terraining of the heros selection (now they are in a house).
Now, all heroes have a paragraphs and cameras works properly.
I remove more than 300 doodads and i reworked the position of units of the first "dungeon" (the centaurs).
I'll fixed the cameras problems when you go inside a building.
For the icons, i have no idea to solve this problem ><.
I'll repost the map when more bugs will be fixed.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

You can fix the icons by importing the disbtn version of the icon that you downloaded.

Level 4
I work some hours today and I rework the terraining of the heros selection (now they are in a house).
Now, all heroes have a paragraphs and cameras works properly.
I remove more than 300 doodads and i reworked the position of units of the first "dungeon" (the centaurs).
I'll fixed the cameras problems when you go inside a building.
For the icons, i have no idea to solve this problem ><.
I'll repost the map when more bugs will be fixed.

Actually, instead can you work until your satisfied, and then give me the finished work and then I can grammar/spell check it. (Instead of me doing a lot of work and then finding out you just made a new version.)

Level 4
Actually, instead can you work until your satisfied, and then give me the finished work and then I can grammar/spell check it. (Instead of me doing a lot of work and then finding out you just made a new version.)

I'll post a stable version tomorrow. I am absent for the next days, I finish the list of dropable items today and fix last bug. The translation is above all to the spell text and quest text^^.

{EDIT}
Ok, I finished the loot item table and fixed other bugs...
I am absent for 10 days and I don't work on the map during this time.

I publish the last version, you can translate it.
I grouped the triggers together in a folder "Translation" and in a folder "Quest".
You don't have to look in every trigger to find the text.

Thanks for your help^^.

Attachments

• Wild west ORPG Beta v1.0b.w3x
    4.7 MB · Views: 128
  • Translation.PNG
    Translation.PNG
    4.9 KB · Views: 134
Last edited by a moderator:
Level 4
You can join the terrainer, I need help to do correct building interior (specially for stairs).
I publish the last version, you can work on it.
Make contact with GameShark or you may release two different versions (one translated and one terrained).

Level 12
Well, after playing your map, I must say I do like it. Although it clearly can do with some brushing up.

Things To Do:
1) There are many grammar errors found among the sentences of the NPCs. Please fix those. Many of them could also be rephrased.
2) Triggers. If you want people to edit your map, please organize your triggers. I saw your triggers on the Trigger Editor and it was a mess.
3) Language. The Hive Workshop is an English-speaking community for Warcraft III modders. I know that English is present in the map but I can still notice plenty of Spanish sentences or phrases around the map, especially in the Triggers and NPC Names.
4) Terrain. It looks half completed but thats alright. What I want to be fixed is the amount of empty space in between doodads. Fill it up with something like creeps or barriers.

If you could fix these, that would be great.

PS. Please create a proper Recruitment Page is you're planning to recruit people to join your project.

PPS. Do you need any help with the map? I wouldn't mind helping out.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Well, after playing your map, I must say I do like it. Although it clearly can do with some brushing up.

Things To Do:
1) There are many grammar errors found among the sentences of the NPCs. Please fix those. Many of them could also be rephrased.
2) Triggers. If you want people to edit your map, please organize your triggers. I saw your triggers on the Trigger Editor and it was a mess.
3) Language. The Hive Workshop is an English-speaking community for Warcraft III modders. I know that English is present in the map but I can still notice plenty of Spanish sentences or phrases around the map, especially in the Triggers and NPC Names.
4) Terrain. It looks half completed but thats alright. What I want to be fixed is the amount of empty space in between doodads. Fill it up with something like creeps or barriers.

PS. Please create a proper Recruitment Page is you're planning to recruit people to join your project.

1&3) He already knows *read above posts*
2) Why would he want people to mod his orpg?

Level 4

Things To Do:

I anwser to your tips :
For 1°) and 4°), demigod help me to fix that and to terrain the map.
I hope to see his work soon^^. So it is ok for this point.
2°) I am agree with yayoi, for the moment I prefere edit the map alone. I like creat my own system and try to find something original.
May I would need help later for specifics configurations like a good (and without bug) save/load system (I can try to creat my own but I promise nothing^^).
I will translate and organize the triggers in this case.
And I wrote triggers in french, not in spanish :D.

Anyway, thanks for your comments, it's help me to see what is wrong^^.

Now about the map, I think add new systems :
- A stack system for potions and consumables items (I think I MUST do it).
- A recipe system to craft some powerful items with the loots.
- A balanced Xp system
- And a dungeons system (for gnoll dungeon) like gaias : The dungeons is completed when you kill the last boss or you can reset it with the circle if nobody is already in the dungeon.

If anybody want to see something in the map or any idea tell me^^.
P.S : Sorry again for my poor english, I use a dictionary but I have problems with grammar ><.

Level 12
Yayoi said:
2) Why would he want people to mod his orpg?
I didn't mean mod his RPG. I just meant organize your triggers.

Vincent-64 said:
For 1°) and 4°), demigod help me to fix that and to terrain the map.
I hope to see his work soon^^. So it is ok for this point.
DEMIGOD123 said:
Dude, sorry but i can't work on your map even on my own mini project. Exams are coming this week so i have to practice and study. I'm really sorry. :(
You were saying?

Vincent-64 said:
Anyway, thanks for your comments, it's help me to see what is wrong^^.
I'n not done yet. But thanks anyways. Your thankfulness is, always like everyone's, appreciated.

Vincent-64 said:
Now about the map, I think add new systems :
- A stack system for potions and consumables items (I think I MUST do it).
- A recipe system to craft some powerful items with the loots.
- A balanced Xp system
- And a dungeons system (for gnoll dungeon) like gaias : The dungeons is completed when you kill the last boss or you can reset it with the circle if nobody is already in the dungeon.
Good. Good. You do that.

Some other things you might like to consider:
  • A Storyline. It may be an ORPG but that doesn't mean it can't have a storyline.
  • A better Hero Selection. I like the way players select the Heroes but it can do with some polishing like making it neater. But don't pay too much attention to it.
  • More creeps. It doesn't have many creeps around.
  • A Quest Log. It's hard to keep track of all the quests.

I haven't completed playing it yet entirely so expect more to come.

Level 4
Some other things you might like to consider:
  • A Storyline. It may be an ORPG but that doesn't mean it can't have a storyline.
  • A better Hero Selection. I like the way players select the Heroes but it can do with some polishing like making it neater. But don't pay too much attention to it.
  • More creeps. It doesn't have many creeps around.
  • A Quest Log. It's hard to keep track of all the quests.

I haven't completed playing it yet entirely so expect more to come.

I have many idea about the story line. I'll use the function "Talk" for that :
- At the beginning, in the house, you can Talk to the NPC to have informations about the storyline.
In the village in the north, the NPC tell more about the storyline, about their situation...
For the moment, I write it on paper. I will insert it later.

For the creeps, I wait Demigod terrain the map to see where I can add more creeps. Currently I am working on the triggers (Stack System, Recipe system), you have time to terrain the map^^.

Note : I don't insert the dungeon system yet. You can do the dungeon one time, he dosen't reset after.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

I have many idea about the story line. I'll use the function "Talk" for that :
- At the beginning, in the house, you can Talk to the NPC to have informations about the storyline.
In the village in the north, the NPC tell more about the storyline, about their situation...
For the moment, I write it on paper. I will insert it later.

For the creeps, I wait Demigod terrain the map to see where I can add more creeps. Currently I am working on the triggers (Stack System, Recipe system), you have time to terrain the map^^.

Note : I don't insert the dungeon system yet. You can do the dungeon one time, he dosen't reset after.

Demigod said he cant terrain the map.

Level 4
Hello.

I add the stack system for potions and others consumables.
I add a recipe system, you can now use the ingredients that you can loot when you kill a boss or mini-boss.
I rework the centaur area, I removed the cliffs.
I add a new quest : you have to craft an item for a warrior.
I add a little area with a new mini boss.

I will publish it I think saturday.

Level 4
how your add save/load system?

I don't add a save/load system yet.
I finish the reset-dungeon system (for gnoll dungeon), and i think I'll add it.
And after the save/load, I'll add a story line and a new region (until level 20 i think).

I can upload the map this afternoon if you wanna see changelog and recipe system, and terraining.
Or i'll upload it when the save/load system are ready

Level 4
I add the save/load system :

It saves :
The level of your heros and his xp.
The item carry by your heros but NOT by your backpack.
Your gold.

It is not save :
The quest that you accomplished
Your abilities (see when you load for that.)
Your position, when you load, you start at the beginning.

When you load :
- You have an amount of wood equal to your level, so you can choose spell again if you took a wrong spell.
- You have an amount of stat point equal to your level, you have to choose again your statistics.

I don't know if i let the statistic reset or if I creat a NPC who do that.

I can not publish the map now, I must put all items in the arrowtable (more than 100 items, it is long and annoying), but I am going to finish it.

After this, I will complete the gnoll dungeon system, creat the other players slot (4 more players) and add more content (new area and new quests)

Level 4
Ok, I'll add the abilities to the save system.
I'll try to add quest too, but I promise nothing, I have an idea to do it. I hope it works.

{EDIT}
I publish the map with the Save/Load system.

Note : For this version, you can save and load in single player mode, to test the system.

I need feedback about the new terraining, the new systems (stack, recipe, save/load system...).
If you found anybug, or have any advice, please post it.

Attachments

• Wild west ORPG Beta v1.1.w3x
    4.8 MB · Views: 98
downloading...

comments:

-The right part of the UI is missing...
-There are some green DISBTN icons (example would be the plume icon...)
-Some typo error (Take a breath -> then on the tooltip it says takes a break)
-The wizard seems not appealing, why?
because on the tooltip it says
"weaker then the cleric but is unable to tank..."

Last edited:
Level 4
For the text error, I fix it quickly. The wizard have a little amount of HP, but he deals heavy damage with his spells.
For DISBTN icon, I add imported the disbtn version but it dosen't works... i don't know how to do.

For UI, I'll add more creeps and I sens some of them patrol and move around the area.
I think it is more natural for animals in nature^^.
But units like gnoll guard don't move, they keep their camp and defend their chief.

{EDIT}
I add in this post an introduction to Wild West ORPG :
I present characters, items classes with some screen shot.

CHARACTERS :

Warrior :
Warrior.jpg

The warrior is a Tank/DPS class.
Spells : Warrior Tab.jpg

Spadassin :

The spadassin is the best tank in Wild West ORPG. He can endure more than the warrior, but he deals less damage.
Spadassin.jpg

Spells : Spadassin Tab.jpg

Cleric :

Cleric is the support of Wild West ORPG. He has many heals or aura to protect his friends.
Cleric.jpg

Spells : Cleric tab.jpg

Wizard :

The wizard uses spell to annihilate his enemies. He has AOE spells and spells that decrease the power of target.
Wizard.jpg

Spells : Wizard tab.jpg

Druid :

The druid calls an animal to assist him. He can increase damage, attack speed of his companion to deal heavy damage. Furthermore, he has a minor heal.

Druid.jpg

Spells : Druid tab.jpg

Hunter :

Hunter deals heavy damage to one target. She can increase her agility or attack speed.
Hunter.jpg

Spells : Hunter tab.jpg

ITEMS :

Weapons :

Weapon tab.jpg

Armors and shields :

Armor tab.jpg

Helmets :

Helmet tab.jpg

Accessories :

Acessories tab.jpg

Screenshots :

Some screenshot to present the map :

Town.jpg

ville 3.jpg

Hawkeye.jpg[/CENTER]

I hope you like it.

Level 4
I am working on the terraining of the map.

I remove all the cliffs, increase the quality of the terrain.
The forest is entirely reworked, I add relief... etc

I think I add an environment sound for each area.
In the desert you can hear the wind.
In the forest you can hear birds, animals...
In the town you can here people, conversation...

I'll see how many place take the sound files. If they are too heavy, I would just add rpg-music.
I'll post the map when I finish the new terraining.

adding sounds would be good but takes up lots of space, so I think you should refrain from numerous imported music...

but the idea for the music is good, though the one for the town is not really a good idea, unless you can really see the people talking...

But let me tell you one thing, a lot of people turn off the music of wc3 and just listens to their mp3 files...

Level 4
Update this week : I finish to terrain the forest and the town.
The dungeon system works properly
The xp system is balanced

There is two new screnshot to show the terraning of the map.

Attachments

• Foret 1 jpg.jpg
    Foret 1 jpg.jpg
    826.2 KB · Views: 68
  • Ville 1.jpg
    Ville 1.jpg
    525.7 KB · Views: 89
Level 4
Where do I download it?

I put the demo in the firest page, in my first post. I update it regularly.
But wait some days^^, I finish to creat systems and fix some things.
I'll post saturday the first playable version, with save/load system, inventory system, dungeon system... and many things.

{EDIT}
I uploaded the map, go to the first post to download it.

I fixed bugs, add a new quest, some new items.
Gnoll dungeon works properly.
Difficulty is for two players, for the next update, I'll add 4 more players (it is very long to creat variable for each player...).

If you find anybug, please report it. If you have an idea to improve the game play I listen you^^.

Level 4
New update :

The item system works properly (you canno't take two weapons, two armors...).
Triggers are compressed for a better fluidity in game.

The players 3 to 6 slots are coming soon. I'll publish the map when I finish this and it will be a real beta test.

Status
Not open for further replies.