• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Widgetizer removes objects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Hello,

When I use the widgetizer on my map, all doodads are invisible in game (not destructables), and some models get the same probleme.

I made several tests (custom key resistant checked/unchecked, remove unused (units/doodads/...) checked/unchecked, ignore basic references (checked/unchecked)....
I always get the same probleme.
Use w3 map optimizer does not change anything.

So, finally, I'm obliged to release this map only with w3 Optimizer which works fine without Widgetizer.
What can causes such a bug?

Thanks a lot. +Rep for answers.

Have a good day,
jk2pach

Level 21
Yes, I tested without doodads etc. It's the same probleme, a lot of things are fucked :(

Yeah I tested the asian one. It's a bit useless now.

w3Optimizer works really fine, but unfortunately, the average loading time is kept arround 60 seconds with him (and with widgetizer, arround 30) (without optimizer arround 180 :p)

Level 7
It is just a problem with the widgetizer; you cannot fix it.

Custom units, any doodads, and custom abilities. I have about 800 custom units and about 1100 custom abilities in my map... I spent about 20 hours looking into the problem from every site that could ever offer any type of information on the matter. What it comes down to, what many sites told me, is that it is simply a problem in the tool itself, and there is nothing you can do to fix it. With units and abilities, if you dont use any custom abilities or units; that is, only modify existing ones... you can make them work.

I still use widgetizer, although it is only doing about 1/4th of what it should be able to do. My map load time is still reduced by about 25% when I combine this with the optomizer; and that is still an increase.

I also read in many places that what the widgetizer helps with, above all else, are custom unit skins, and other various imports. I only use about 100 kb of item attachment; so it doesnt help me much; but if you are import-heavy, it is a really good thing to use.

Level 8
How dissapointing, Widgetizer reduced the loading time by like 50% or more, but I got the same problem, it killed all my doodads. Kind of ruins the fun when big green and black blocks take the place of my epic Hellfire Citadel :goblin_cry:

Level 7
Single player, widgetizer will usually work for you. On battle.net it doesnt work because the widgetizer actually changes the format of doodads. If someone downloads your map, then exits out of warcraft... then starts it back up; and plays only your map and no other map, then it will show the doodads in your map.

If they play your map, then attempt to play a non-widgetized doodad map, then they will also have problems seeing the doodads.

If you have a combination of players in a game, some who have done the above and can see your doodads, and some who cannot; then it will cause a server split. The desync comes when no one in 1 of the split groups has hosting abilities.

You simply cannot widgetize doodads; it will not work.

The options I use (after too many hours of searching the internet, and trial and error) are:
Units
Items
Upgrades
Keep Placed Objects
Keep trigger referenced objects
Clean SLK and Text
Custom Key resist
Log References

I know that is a short list, but it seems as though all of the other ones have potential to cause problems. After doing this though, I can still run my Map Optomizer. The two combined reduce loading time by about 30-35%.

Status
Not open for further replies.