• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Widescreen Fade out texture needed(YES ITS POSSIBLE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im looking very much for a widescreen texture that is sharp or fading at the end and fits in with letterbox mode with still a moderate amount of room to see, so basically only a little bit on the bottom of the texture, :!: and enough on the top so the not black part has room in the middle. Please!! :) I need this very much! :D

P.S. YES>THERE IS ACTUALLY a way to do this. Its exactly the same as making a skin. you can use the texture piece from any skin and fade out with it. so...just make anything that resembles what I want, save it as .blp, import it to wc3e, and tadaa! you can fade out with it.

Level 3
Could you give me a preveiw picture of what you would like made in paint or something so I can make it for you because what you are saying is hard to make out... :roll:

for ex: when you go into letterbox mode, you see, well, about 2 and 1/2 inches of dark, and on the top, you see like a centimetre. What i want is like a texture with a centimetre of complete black on the bottom, and about 2 and 1/2 inches of black on the top, thus giving a cool view sort of like in the arthas v illidan cinematic.

Hope that helps,

DDNGW

Level 3
ahh okay so its gonna be like the letter box filter exept alot less black?

and if im making it do you want it to be solid coulored edges or fading in edges(like the one on my map)?

Level 3
it has to be a .tga format to work (the filter that is) and changing it to .jpg and back again to .tga (so it can be my avatar) reduces quality alot so I think ill submit it as a skin seeming as it kind of is a skin

Status
Not open for further replies.