• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Converting image for Fade Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
Hello.

I've tried converting a file into proper BLP for fade filter, but I failed because I didn't use ULEAD, I tried other program and it lack in various options that are needed to make it working.

Can anybody help me out and deal with this image so that it can be used as a Fade Filter ingame?

egyptbc.png

Thank you.

Level 12
What's the font of the text? I know how to make fade filters, but I'm afraid if I based on this image instead of making it from scratch, the quality will decrease. I'll try to make one first. If you think the font is not suitable, that tell me what's the font you used or send it via pastebin. ;) btw, perhaps you can find me if you have any questions or requests about 2D art stuffs. Love to help out your amazing project. :D

EDIT:
Where do you want the text to be placed? right in the middle of the camera?

2nd EDIT:
attached the file here. Try it out and give your comment. =) btw, remember that 'fade out' is to make the filter appear, while 'back in' is make the filter dissapear. Just want to remind that because I used to be confused about that. LOL

3rd EDIT:
does filesize matters? I'm used to optimize the blps to save filesize, so it might loses some quality. But i thought since you're making for single player, perhaps you don't mind to have it in high filesize, but high quality as well. ;)

Attachments

• Seth's Reign Filter.blp
    29.3 KB · Views: 61
Level 31
Woah, this is so well done, I thought it would have to be some kind of white background and text, but it is text only and it looks just wonderful.

Well. I need this filter not for Seth's Reign, it is for my Egypt-like cinematic I made in 2009, I just need to replace ugly floating text with this cool looking fade filter. Cinematic is also about Egypt and Seth, but its storyline is different and it have nothing to do with Seth's Reign.

I thank you for your help. I may update cinematic when Seth's model will be finished. Proper credits goes for you, AL0NE. Thanks.

Hey, perhaps I will use this for Seth's Reign as well!

Level 12
Owh. :D I thought it's for Seth's Reign. haha =) not only you're doing a great single player project, now a cinematic? I'm sure it's amazing as well. :) glad you like it. If you need any changes or other filters, just let me know. I myself love to use fade filters because it just make the atmosphere greater. Once I did a cinematic for an experimental intro of a map, and with the black backgrounds and black cinematic borders (the UI borders are cleared, resulting black border), the fade filters just look badass. Felt like a movie itself. Anyway, good luck on your project and cinematic. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.