• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texture fade filter mask only for X_Player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
i don't know jass.. so im requesting it... im using this on my map >> http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/w3g-modern-warfare-70-a-159095
i need a spell that goes something like this...

Trigger 1
------------------------------------------
-Set TempPlayer to player 1
-Set TempCustomTexture to CustomTexture.blp
-Set TempTimer to 0.50
-run trigger Fade mask

Trigger 2 (Fade mask)
-Fade out and back in over "TempTimer" seconds using "TempCustomTexture" for "TempPlayer" ONLY
-Destroy TempPlayer
-Destroy TempCustomTexture

i really need a leak-less one... i need the spell for these trigger...

when unit gets hit.. run the mask
Unit's life is below 50% run mask every 1 second
game over... run it
etc...

I really need this to complete my map... hope sum1 helps me with this spell...

There, you can easily replace the ability that conerns the effect, by changing the "Bash" in the integer comparison, "Level of Bash for (Triggering unit)". You can also change the texture you're using.
View attachment Fade out & Back In [Pow!].w3x
Oh, if you want this to occur only for Player 1 (Red), replace this line:
  • Custom script: if GetLocalPlayer() == GetOwningPlayer(GetEnumUnit()) then
and this line
  • Custom script: if GetLocalPlayer() == GetOwningPlayer(GetTriggerUnit()) then
with this:
  • Custom script: if GetLocalPlayer() == Player(0) then

Level 6
wow that was fast... ill check the map now... thanks a lot

Edit: it works the way i wanted...
but can you explain to me how it works? if u still have time...
i understand all parts but the hashtable?.. never used it before... what is it for? and what does it do?

Thank again... really big help for my map... +rep and credits on the map...

Well, hashtables are like "cards" for data storage. You can play with saving and loading from them, while every value is held upon a specific/specified object. It's a trial of working around with locals, the ones that Jass uses, so that the global variables do not correspond to global objects. For more about Hashtables, visit the link below:
[•] http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/trigger-gui-editor-tutorials-279/hashtables-mui-133407/
To be honest, there a few stuff I understood from that tutorial, but check it out, we do not comprehend in the same way I guess. Hashtables was GUI's best extension, since Indexing systems are something I never liked and there could still be some issues on (you can easily make mistakes in that triggering column that hurts your eyes); for a clear trigger I suggest hashtables.

Level 6
thanks for explaining... can't understand all of it but it helped... can u do me one more thing... can you make a custom script version for the Cinematic Fade out and back action? coz i wanna use in-game textures too... to save more space for my map... its possible to use ingame texture on custom script right? last request.. please? :grin:

Level 6
Pharaoh_... i tested the map and i got errors on multiplayer... can you check the screen shot...
i think its the "GetOwningPlayer(GetEnumUnit())"
it needs to be "picked player"...

do u know the code for it?

Attachments

• Error.jpg
    Error.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 89
Status
Not open for further replies.