• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Why PauseUnit is bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to discuss something as to why this thing is bad.

I know for the fact that PauseUnit pauses buffs but aside from that, are there any side effects to it?

This is the reason why there are no approved Chronosphere spells in this site is because the moderators quite don't know what is the actual intention of this spell:
1) Pauses Units
2) Pauses all buffs the units has (even debuffs)
3) Stunning a unit then playing 0% speed animation doesn't perfectly apply the chronosphere effect (where when a unit is affected, the unit pauses it's current animation. Meanwhile stunning the unit plays the "stand" animation, then applying a 0% speed animation just pauses the animation at the start)

Level 19
First of all PauseUnit is not bad per se.
There are circumstances when pausing a unit is a great win. Think about dummy units.

No moderator in the spell section will ban your submission just because of PauseUnit.
In fact we have a couple of approved systems / spells which use that native.
If the usage of PauseUnit is reasonable like for example in Chronosphere
then I'm sure the moderator / reviewer in charge will accept it.

First of all PauseUnit is not bad per se.
There are circumstances when pausing a unit is a great win. Think about dummy units.

No moderator in the spell section will ban your submission just because of PauseUnit.
In fact we have a couple of approved systems / spells which use that native.
If the usage of PauseUnit is reasonable like for example in Chronosphere
then I'm sure the moderator / reviewer in charge will accept it.

Whenever I see a Chronosphere spell submitted, it gets rejected because of it having a PauseUnit

You know some mods long ago hated PauseUnit :D

Status
Not open for further replies.