• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Why is my unit using 2 abilities at the same time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Everytime it casts an ability called Snipe another ability based off Thunder Bolt will also be casted, i have also tried basing the other spell off a different ability but i'm still getting the same result. help? :(

Level 4
MortAr: What's an order ID? xD
Skamigo: It's also based off thunder bolt, but i've already tried a different base ability for the other spell

Level 3
order ID is under text near tooltips in the object editor. when you order a unit to use an ability via trigger editor, that field value will decide what order id string to use.

Level 5
simply said, if you made one custom spell off stormbolt and you copy that spell and create a new one, both of these spells are under the same "spell ID" which is storm bolt, regardless of what different effects,damage,stun etc you do, both spells will be "casted" at the same time.

The only solution to this is to only make a spell with a different ID, as with what the others have said "firebolt" or maybe "hurl boulder" for that matter.

Worst come to worst you can use channel and alter the skills via triggering

Level 6
It's not really about order id, it also might be because they are both based on the same spell. For instance, if you have two spells based on Storm Bolt, it is likely they both will be casted if only one is selected, and sometimes might even end up with critical error.

Level 5
ive tried using 3 spells based of stampede on 1 hero, essentially it didnt crash, but it would cast them in order of the button placement it seems.

for example

stampede 1
x=0
y=2

stampede 2
x=1
y=2

stampede 3
x=2
y=2

the above is referring to button placement, and it seems that they go according to the skill setup as well, depending on how you arrange them in the hero skills section.

ive yet to encounter any crash in the game on this issue yet, but heck.

Level 4
Well if you guys read the original post, I said that i've already tried it with a different base spell, but it's working now anyway :p basing it off firebolt :D thank you all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.