• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Why does this not work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Tirgger 1

Events
Time - Elapsed game time is 2.00 seconds

Actions
Set SpellAura = True

Trigger 2

Events
Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability

Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Change Aura
SpellAura Equal to True

Actions
Unit - Remove Morale from (Triggering unit)
Unit - Add Defensive Maneuvers to (Triggering unit)
Set SpellAura = False

Trigger 3

Events
Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability

Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Change Aura
SpellAura Equal to False

Actions
Unit - Remove Defensive Maneuvers from (Triggering unit)
Unit - Add Morale to (Triggering unit)
Set SpellAura = True

----

It seems perfectly logical to me?

Level 12
The ability is cast and nothing happens.

If i remove the Variables I can make it remove/add ability's, but only once.

But with this trigger I should be able to change back/forth. But it doesnt work :cry:

Level 4
I'm still trying to see what the SpellAura=True/False is used for. Try adding another condition

If SpellAura=True then add Morale to (Triggering Unit)& Remove Defensive Manuevers, else Add Defensive Manuevers & remove morale

Try adding that and make it one trigger? Also change a few things up.

If the aura is not a starting ability, make a trigger that has the event of
Hero learns an ability = (Spell) (Or whatever it is, haven't triggered GUI stuff in ages ><)

Rather than the elapsed game time event. Also change the
A unit begans casting an ability to
A unit starts the effect of an ability (Because units can stop before actually casting a spell and can trigger it without casting the spell itself, which can be abuseable if you want to have it cost mana to change)

Trigger 2 &3 can merge if you add the condition I stated above as well as making it a simple if/then/else action.

Status
Not open for further replies.